Censorship or not?

Typical proggy sour grapes: they say it's not about censorship & then demand she be censored.

These delusional "literary figures" are throwing a tantrum because something didn't go their way & they think they are the gatekeepers on what others can read or write about.
Claiming stopping the butchering of innocent babies violates human rights is about as deluded as you can get outside of a clinical setting

Looking for opinions if you agree with these complainers of this forthcoming book by Supreme Court Judge Barrett.
Adults should be given uncensored information apart from what most adults do: self-censor. No one forces people to buy the book of any publisher and only those interested in learning more would be purchasing the book. It still doesn’t mean the reader is somehow “at the mercy” of any author, regardless of how persuasive. Craving knowledge should always be encouraged in a supposedly educated society.

This is a good take about censorship: “If people have limited information than the freedom to formulate and individual opinion is withheld. Most people feel that censorship is immoral and the public have a right to the truth and should be allowed to formulate and fully informed opinion regardless of consequences.”

Looking for opinions if you agree with these complainers of this forthcoming book by Supreme Court Judge Barrett.
Nah. If she got a book deal to write and publish a book, it is supposedly for profits or her voicing her voice under her 1st amendment rights and some publisher deciding they could make a buck on it, or whatever, but they put their money into it as part of their business plan. I don't believe in banning books, but am selective as to which ones I buy.

Yes, what they are asking for is censorship. No, it should not be censored.
ANY book written by a Supreme Court Justice should be printed. ANY. I don't care if you agree with their decisions or not. It will show how the decision was reached.

I think I have wound up having to defend Scalia more times than anyone should have to.......ever here because his opinions were taken out of context by liberal organizations. As a liberal, I never wanted to defend Scalia. It sucked. However, it showed me just how far a group was willing to go to further their agenda by taking things out of context.

Last edited:
My opinion is that if you don't like the fucking book, don't buy it.

It's not like she's writing a children's gay sex book with pictures of transgender "women" flopping their big fake titties around.

Forum List

Back