Challenge the Atheist!

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Agnostic, really, but that isn't as good a title. I don't believe in a God or gods. I also don't believe there necessarily isn't a God or gods. I've been an agnostic all my life, despite being raised in Idaho.

But, anyway, bring the questions or attacks and I'll do my best to address them.

Ready? Go!

I'm still laughing about Idaho!
Ready?
Prophecy
Go!

Could you be more specific? To what exactly about prophecy are you referring.

Yeah, Idaho. I was considered Satanic, and even had a girlfriend removed from my life by her parents when they found out. One day she didn't show up at school (our junior year) and I didn't see her again for 4 years, after I had enlisted the USMC. We were sweethearts and both our hearts were broken and there was never any closure. It was very strange. I have to admit, it has contributed to my distrust of religion and its followers.

does that include a goal to reach the Everlasting - or your life simply ends with your last breath ?

Agnostic, really, but that isn't as good a title. I don't believe in a God or gods. I also don't believe there necessarily isn't a God or gods. I've been an agnostic all my life, despite being raised in Idaho.

But, anyway, bring the questions or attacks and I'll do my best to address them.

Ready? Go!

Agnostic: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

If you commit to the belief that god does not exist you are not agnostic. By definition agnostics must concede that god may indeed exist but that definitive knowledge of said existence may be unattainable.

does that include a goal to reach the Everlasting - or your life simply ends with your last breath ?

I think that once I die, I as an individual or identity no longer exist in any form, corporeal or spiritual. Only as a memory for those who remember me.

Agnostic: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

If you commit to the belief that god does not exist you are not agnostic. By definition agnostics must concede that god may indeed exist but that definitive knowledge of said existence may be unattainable.

I would agree with that definition. I don't think that one can know without a doubt whether or not there is a God or supreme being. I think its probably unknowable.

No one has any questions or challenges? Perhaps agnosticism is the only real rational position.

I think that once I die, I as an individual or identity no longer exist in any form, corporeal or spiritual. Only as a memory for those who remember me.

How do you know? What supports your belief? And what if you're wong?

I can't speak for others, but if I am wrong I will look at god and simply say, "What the fuck?"

If there is a god as you believe it to be and I am condemned to hell just because I guessed wrong, then I will be in hell and you will spend eternity with a being who thinks that is an appropriate punishment for guessing wrong. You have my sincere pity.

If there is a god as you believe it to be and I am condemned to hell just because I guessed wrong, then I will be in hell and you will spend eternity with a being who thinks that is an appropriate punishment for guessing wrong. You have my sincere pity.

... and I am condemned to hell just because I guessed wrong

no, to reach the Everlasting is to be accomplished while alive, if not it may be in your last breath to know what you have missed out on.

- the Everlasting exists and is what is seen everyday, the accomplishment is seeing it without a body.

and there "is" functionality ... such as becoming a DNA engineer for future generations - someone has to do it.

and there is a God that is the Standard.

Colorado,
You have my sympathies for being raised in Idaho. However, you should consider yourself lucky. It would only have been worse if you had been raised in Utah.

I think this is a good thread, but I would not expect much philisophical debate. Captives of organized religions usually take the shortcut, and just condemn, rather than debate., such as, "Some day God will deal with the Atheist... "

Last edited:

I don't know and it isn't a belief. I wrote that I think that. I'm not sure. There is always room for doubt and that is a good thing.

I can't change that thinking without something to convince me otherwise. I'm open to any evidence that would, but will remain skeptical as always.

Colorado,
You have my sympathies for being raised in Idaho. However, you should consider yourself lucky. It would only have been worse if you had been raised in Utah.

I think this is a good thread, but I would not expect much philisophical debate. Captives of organised religions usually take the shortcut, and just condemn, rather than debate., such as, "Some day God will deal with the Atheist... "

I understand that many "true believers" will and that's alright - I expected it from the beginning. Let's just say that when that happens I'll turn the other cheek.

no, to reach the Everlasting is to be accomplished while alive, if not it may be in your last breath to know what you have missed out on.

- the Everlasting exists and is what is seen everyday, the accomplishment is seeing it without a body.

and there "is" functionality ... such as becoming a DNA engineer for future generations - someone has to do it.

and there is a God that is the Standard.

How do you know that?

Forum List

Back