Cheaper Than Dirt At It Again... Ammo Price Gouging

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
300 - 400% mark-up on ammo. One example is Magtech 9mm @ $829.00 for 1000 rounds. Many others priced at $1.20 per round, like that cheap aluminum cased Blazer. Expect 8-10% mark-up, but CTD are F'n Dogs.

My next door neighbor and I have 5 gallon buckets full of 10 different calibers for rifles and pistols. We go to the range and collect empty cartridges and reload them. I haven't bought a box of ammo in years.

300 - 400% mark-up on ammo. One example is Magtech 9mm @ $829.00 for 1000 rounds. Many others priced at $1.20 per round, like that cheap aluminum cased Blazer. Expect 8-10% mark-up, but CTD are F'n Dogs.

I wont be ordering from any price gougers after this is over. Thanks for posting this.

Is it gouging or is it responding to demand?

My next door neighbor and I have 5 gallon buckets full of 10 different calibers for rifles and pistols. We go to the range and collect empty cartridges and reload them. I haven't bought a box of ammo in years.
Myself, I don't have the time to reload. It is something I did in the past, but most were limited special loads. More power to ya.

Do the math. No way would I pay that price. I would buy another firearm at those prices.

Do the math. No way would I pay that price. I would buy another firearm at those prices.

Somebody obviously is or they couldn't charge it.

I literally have about 2k rounds of 9mm ammo and 800 .45 I'm good
I am almost out of .40 cal and the gun show here in Ventura was cancelled from May 2-3 to the end of October. I will be ordering from a local store. Good thing he is fair because the markup for a dealer is damn near not worth their time. In short, they make close to nothing on ammo.

People who wait till the shit flies to buy ammo are going to pay more

I read that the recent run on guns was mostly by 1st time buyers (58-60%) and everyone, at least someone with firearm knowledge, knows that those guns will be put in a drawer. Just to say "I got mine"
If you were that desperate, or flush with cash, I would say you were a dumb mother fucker.

I read that the recent run on guns was mostly by 1st time buyers (58-60%) and everyone, at least someone with firearm knowledge, knows that those guns will be put in a drawer. Just to say "I got mine"
If you were that desperate, or flush with cash, I would say you were a dumb mother fucker.

They sure havent been thinking far ahead if now they are suddenly panicked

because the need has been there all along

They sure havent been thinking far ahead if now they are suddenly panicked

because the need has been there all along

I wonder if they know what they have and how long it takes before they fire it, or consign it.

Forum List

Back