Check out this pic. Tamir Rice "toy gun" looks just like a 45 auto!!!

2FAA23D800000578-3377431-image-a-4_1451393671403.jpg

Did this picture convince jury not to indict Tamir Rice's killers?

Is this the picture that convinced the grand jury not to charge Tamir Rice's killers? Photo compares 12 year old's toy gun to real weapon as John Legend leads celebrity outrage over decision
  • The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office released an image comparing the Tamir Rice's toy gun to a real gun on Monday
  • The 12 year old's gun was missing an orange cap that would have identified it as a toy gun, the day he was shot dead by police
  • On Monday, it was announced that a grand jury had decided not to indict Cleveland cops Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback in Tamir's death
  • The youngster was gunned down in a park on November 22, 2014
  • He was carrying the pellet gun and drew it when the officers approached
  • McGinty said Tamir's death was a tragedy, but insisted it was not a crime
  • He said recently enhanced video shows Tamir was advancing at the cops

My issue is that Tamir Rice did not have the gun in his hand when he was shot and killed. The cop jumped out of the car and shot the kid because he panicked. Read up on the history of Officer Loehmann. You will find that he was not fit to be an officer and that he had been rejected a couple years earlier by another police department.

Last I read, the police department has their own plans on what to do with this officer regardless of him found not guilty by any court or jury.

He didn't POINT the gun. He was REACHING for it.
Watch the vid.

He wasn't necessarily even reaching for it. Think about it this way, if he was reaching for it, what was he going to do with it? It was a toy gun. The cop panicked because he thought he was reaching for it so he fired away. This cop was a pussy. Read about his past. Cleveland officer who shot Tamir Rice had 'dismal' handgun performance for Independence police

And this is why Tamir's parents will receive $10 million or more in his wrongful death civil case against the city.

In the video the view of Rice is blocked by the police cruiser there is no way to say he did not point the gun at the cops
Which strongly suggests the kid was demented -- which adds emphasis to the already outstanding fact that instead of rolling up on the raging gunman like Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral those cops would have adhered to the established procedure for cautiously evaluating a situation.

Has it occurred to you the way those cops recklessly presented themselves to Rice, if he had been a 20 year-old psycho gang-banger who was proficient with the real .45 in his waistband, instead of a 12 year-old nitwit with a toy gun, he could have shot and probably killed both of them -- even if they managed to shoot him, too?

This is one more example of cops doing something the wrong way instead of the way it should be done and thereby creating a wholly unnecessary shit-storm.

Last edited:
In the video the view of Rice is blocked by the police cruiser there is no way to say he did not point the gun at the cops
Which strongly suggests the kid was demented -- which adds emphasis to the already outstanding fact that instead of rolling up on the raging gunman like Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral those cops would have adhered to the established procedure for cautiously evaluating a situation.

Has it occurred to you the way those cops recklessly presented themselves to Rice, if he had been a 20 year-old psycho gang-banger who was proficient with the real .45 in his waistband, instead of a 12 year-old nitwit with a toy gun, he could have shot and probably killed both of them -- even if they managed to shoot him, too?

This is one more example of cops doing something the wrong way instead of the way it should be done and thereby creating a wholly unnecessary shit-storm.
I'm not going to Monday morning quarter back

The cops had no way of knowing how old he was and he was a big kid

The kid was clearly waving the gun around earlier in the video
The gun itself was indistinguishable from a actual .45 so calling it a toy is disingenuous and a pellet gun is not a toy by any means

The question I'll ask is why if he saw 2 cops did he reach for the weapon?

Would he not still be alive if he had immediately put his hands up

I don't know, you don't either

Cautiously evaluate the situation??? HAHAHA. The kid had what looked exactly like a 45 auto in his hand!!!

Cautiously evaluate the situation??? HAHAHA. The kid had what looked exactly like a 45 auto in his hand!!!
Which is precisely why the wrong thing for the cops to do was to roll right up on Rice and get out of their car. Because if the toy gun that kid had was a real .45, and if he wasn't a 12 year-old but a seasoned gang-banger, it is very likely he could have killed or severely injured them both.

If you have access to cable tv you can learn something by watching the "ride-along" documentary series, COPS, which features hundreds of real episodes of police patrol activity, some of which are live examples of what is meant by cautiously evaluating a potentially dangerous situation. When cops encounter an armed subject, or one they believe might be armed, the established procedure is to maintain a safe distance, use the doors of their vehicle as shields and issue commands to "face away" and "lie face down," etc. Then they handcuff and safely search the immobilized subject. They don't just step right up to him the way the two cowboys who killed Tamir Rice did.

The gun itself was indistinguishable from a actual .45 so calling it a toy is disingenuous and a pellet gun is not a toy by any means

What I do know is if those two nitwit cops had followed established procedure instead of rolling right up on Rice like a pair of Mafia hit men this discussion would not be taking place.

What I do know is if those two nitwit cops had followed established procedure instead of rolling right up on Rice like a pair of Mafia hit men this discussion would not be taking place.

OK and you would have won the super bowl if you were the QB

Last I read, the police department has their own plans on what to do with this officer regardless of him found not guilty by any court or jury.
I think we can rest assured this obvious loose cannon, and probably his partner, will be terminated for failure to follow S.O.P. when responding to a potentially lethal encounter. If they don't fire these goons and one of them becomes involved in another controversial event the Cleveland PD would be sued out of existence.

Forum List

Back