Chelsea Handler: ‘My armed guards don’t have semi-automatic weapons’

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
So she admits she has armed guards like all the rich do. As for her claim they don't have semi-automatic weapons, that is almost certainly a bald-faced lie on her part. Revolvers today are very rare among security professionals.

march 30 2018 While engaging in a debate over gun control on Twitter, Chelsea Handler made an astounding claim about her armed security detail:

@chelseahandler
My armed guards aren’t killing children and don’t have semi automatic weapons.
10:32 AM - Mar 28, 2018

Of course, it is not astounding that the former E! Channel, former Netflix and apparently future NBC talk show host has armed security guards who don’t kill children, but the notion that they don’t carry handguns that discharge spent cartridges and load a round of ammunition automatically on each trigger pull is dumbfounding and impossible to believe.

Actually, if ya think about it...

a revolver IS a semi-automatic weapon.

you shoot, the next bullet automatically rolls into place.

Hey einstein. Is the spent cartridge ejected? Does the revolver hold 18 rounds?. Can it be reloaded in two seconds.?

Hey einstein. Is the spent cartridge ejected? Does the revolver hold 18 rounds?. Can it be reloaded in two seconds.?
not paying attention...

it's called an 'automatic', because it automatically sets up the next round to be fired,

Correct?

Not because it ejects the spent round, not because of the size of the magazine.

and with a speedloader, it can be reloaded almost as quickly as a magazine.

They're not actually considered semi-automatic, though the distinction is, I suppose, a matter of technological semantics. A double-action revolver uses the power of its user's finger pulling the trigger to rotate the cylinder and put the next round in place. A true semi-automatic does that using some of the power released by detonating the gunpowder. The end-result is the same—you get a gun that can fire multiple shots in succession, with the person using it needing to take no action between shots other than pulling the trigger.

There is also such a thing as a single-action revolver, in which the user has to take an additional action between shots, of pulling back the hammer (which also rotates the cylinder to put the next round in place). I don't think those are at all common any more. There are probably also some very primitive forms of revolvers where the user has to directly, manually rotate the cylinder between shots.

Handler probably thinks that semi-auto means AR-15.
Most Left Wingers are not very informed or very bright.

So she admits she has armed guards like all the rich do. As for her claim they don't have semi-automatic weapons, that is almost certainly a bald-faced lie on her part. Revolvers today are very rare among security professionals.

march 30 2018 While engaging in a debate over gun control on Twitter, Chelsea Handler made an astounding claim about her armed security detail:

@chelseahandler

Of course, it is not astounding that the former E! Channel, former Netflix and apparently future NBC talk show host has armed security guards who don’t kill children, but the notion that they don’t carry handguns that discharge spent cartridges and load a round of ammunition automatically on each trigger pull is dumbfounding and impossible to believe.
Her security uses muskets. Every Liberal knows that's the type of arms the 2nd Amendment is referring to.

armed guards have a lawful purpose for their weaponry.

they should be required to be appropriately trained and licensed for that lawful purpose.

citizens who wish to bear arms to defend themselves with deadly force by gun should be required to be trained and permitted for whichever weapon suits that lawful purpose. in any case, a weapon of rapid mass human slaughter is not necessary to defend your home or your family.

If my armed guards didn't have semiautomatic handguns, they wouldn't be my armed guards very long.

I might carry a non-semiautomatic...but an armed guard is actually expecting trouble...to carry less would be totally unprofessional...not to mention completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with such weaponry being permitted as necessary for their lawful purpose...

@chelseahandler

This woman is truly a moron.

Most Left Wingers are not very informed or very bright.

And just after you say that, along comes someone whose entire purpose seems to be to prove your point.

armed guards have a lawful purpose for their weaponry.

they should be required to be appropriately trained and licensed for that lawful purpose.

citizens who wish to bear arms to defend themselves with deadly force by gun should be required to be trained and permitted for whichever weapon suits that lawful purpose. in any case, a weapon of rapid mass human slaughter is not necessary to defend your home or your family.

nothing wrong with such weaponry being permitted as necessary for their lawful purpose...

Yeah especially when it is the elite that are the only people allowed to have them. Right? No need for the peasants and the serfs to be able to protect themselves....from the elite....right?:113:

Tell that to the residents of Maryland.

Yet the armed criminals continue to prey on the suburban communities, without training and permission to possess the firearms they have.

I'll defend my home with whatever weapons that I legally own.

Preferably automatic, but I'll settle for a semi-automatic.

Forum List

Back