Chicago Business Barometer Unexpectedly Indicates Faster Contraction In May

Toddsterpatriot

Diamond Member
May 3, 2011
Chicago
(RTTNews) - Chicago-area business activity unexpectedly contracted at an accelerated rate in the month of May, according to a report released by MNI Indicators on Friday.

MNI Indicators said its Chicago business barometer fell to 35.4 in May from 37.9 in April, with a reading below 50 indicating contraction. Economists had expected the business barometer to rise to 41.0.

With the unexpected decrease, the Chicago business barometer dropped to its lowest level since May 2020.

I wonder if falling into a recession right before the election will hurt Joe's chances?

Lowest levels since the beginning of the Covid shutdowns.

So much for Joe's awesome economy.

(RTTNews) - Chicago-area business activity unexpectedly contracted at an accelerated rate in the month of May, according to a report released by MNI Indicators on Friday.

MNI Indicators said its Chicago business barometer fell to 35.4 in May from 37.9 in April, with a reading below 50 indicating contraction. Economists had expected the business barometer to rise to 41.0.

With the unexpected decrease, the Chicago business barometer dropped to its lowest level since May 2020.

I wonder if falling into a recession right before the election will hurt Joe's chances?

spongebob-patrick.gif

What recession?

1717190664391.png

We see these guys everywhere now don't we.

you have been on here since 2011, in that time how many post have you made about the Chicago Business Barometer?

Forum List

Back