Child abuse in public schools

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
What the fuck is wrong with school officials today? are they required to obtain a full frontal lobotomy before they can get a job? How is the abusive interrogation of a five year old child justified under any circumstances?

A kindergartner who brought a cowboy-style cap gun onto his Calvert County school bus was suspended for 10 days after showing a friend the orange-tipped toy, which he had tucked inside his backpack on his way to school, according to his family and a lawyer. The child was questioned for more than two hours before his mother was called, she said, adding that he uncharacteristically wet his pants during the episode. The boy is 5 — “all bugs and frogs and cowboys,” his mother said.
“I have no problem that he had a consequence to his behavior,” said the mother, who asked that her name be withheld to protect her son’s privacy.
“What I have a problem with is the severity,” she said, and the way it was handled.
The family’s attorney appealed the suspension late Thursday, asking that the action be reversed and the child’s record be expunged.

Cowboy-style cap gun gets 5-year-old ousted from school in Calvert County - The Washington Post

I'm not sure what part of that story is the saddest. I'm inclined to think that it's the idea that we have come to the point in our society that we're concerned about a 5-year-old's record being expunged. When I was a kids I don't really remember people being that concerned about a 5-year-old boy's behavior that they would worry about their "record."

Troubling.

Just imagine the kid grows up and gets into politics....
Whatever party he chooses the other side will use the fact that he had this on his record.

Boris, you are a lame mind, and the behavior is abhorrent to all like me on the right of center. We believe in the Rule of Law.

Those of you on the far right would love to do it to your enemies if you could. You believe in the rule of man.

Boris, you are a lame mind, and the behavior is abhorrent to all like me on the right of center. We believe in the Rule of Law.

Those of you on the far right would love to do it to your enemies if you could. You believe in the rule of man.

No, you Leftist drone, you are not "right of center". Liberal feelgood crap like political correctness are what got us into this mess in the first place.

The "zero tolerance" policy in schools nationwide has resulted in a complete loss of any reasonable thought or sanity. It is unconscionable that 5 and 6 year olds can be arrested, handcuffed and removed from schools because they came in with a one inch high GI Joe holding a gun. The sane thing to do would be for the teacher to take the damned toy from the child and let his parents know the child has brought the thing into the classroom.

These incidents go on a child's permanent records and follow them the rest of their scholastic days - and probably thereafter considering how things are going in this country.

No, you Leftist drone, you are not "right of center". Liberal feelgood crap like political correctness are what got us into this mess in the first place.

No, you reactionary suck, you are not normal, not the mainstream at all.

You have trouble with American democracy because the 4% of you in the USA can't tell the rest of us what to do.

Wow, talk about pure projection!

I agree. Boris and his allies really do project their inner self loathing on those they don't like.

Just imagine the kid grows up and gets into politics....
Whatever party he chooses the other side will use the fact that he had this on his record.

Don't count on it. At one time being a drug addict would be a political career ender but obama, an admitted addict and suspected drug dealer rode his choom wagon right into the presidency.

What the fuck is wrong with school officials today? are they required to obtain a full frontal lobotomy before they can get a job? How is the abusive interrogation of a five year old child justified under any circumstances?

A kindergartner who brought a cowboy-style cap gun onto his Calvert County school bus was suspended for 10 days after showing a friend the orange-tipped toy, which he had tucked inside his backpack on his way to school, according to his family and a lawyer. The child was questioned for more than two hours before his mother was called, she said, adding that he uncharacteristically wet his pants during the episode. The boy is 5 — “all bugs and frogs and cowboys,” his mother said.
“I have no problem that he had a consequence to his behavior,” said the mother, who asked that her name be withheld to protect her son’s privacy.
“What I have a problem with is the severity,” she said, and the way it was handled.
The family’s attorney appealed the suspension late Thursday, asking that the action be reversed and the child’s record be expunged.

Cowboy-style cap gun gets 5-year-old ousted from school in Calvert County - The Washington Post

Kids are not allowed to be kids these days, it would seem.

To me, this is just another reason to home school your kids. If it isn't something like this being the problem, it is them authority figures who don't know how to keep their hands to themselves. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Kids are not allowed to be kids these days, it would seem.

Home schooling, like private and public schools, has a problem with authority figures who abuse children physically, emotionally, and sexually. Such abuse would be easier to hide at home school then in the other settings.

Forum List

Back