China and Britain can call it "Terrorism"... Why can't we?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Explosions Hit Urumqi Market in China's Xinjiang Region, Killing 31 - NBC News

"In a posting on its Chinese-language microblog account, the U.S. Embassy said it offered condolences to victims of the "violent attack," but stopped short of labeling it terrorism. Britain's Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said he was "saddened to hear about the terrorist attack."

We look more and more Spineless by the day on the World stage. :thup:

And I am sure we will focus on weapon and not the motivation.

:)

peace...

It looked like a pretty violent attack to me.

So was 9/11... :thup:

Did you want to explain the lack of the use of any variation of "terror" by this Administration?...

peace...

If a hashtag statement was such a pointless exercise, why is this so incredibly important?

It looked like a pretty violent attack to me.

Did you want to explain the lack of the use of any variation of "terror" by this Administration?...

peace...

I don't feel any need to.
It was a violent attack...doncha think?

I have already agreed with the Obvious and now you are becoming an Irritant.

If you don't feel the need to explain why this Administration is afraid to say "terror", then movealong.com. :thup:

peace...

peace...

If you don't feel the need to explain why this Administration is afraid to say "terror", then movealong.com. :thup:

peace...
You're assuming that they're afraid.
I wonder why they'd be afraid?

peace...

Try to stop being Evasive... Do you notice that the Adminstration doesn't use "terror" in it's terminology?...

If you do, what is your explanation for the change in how our Country addresses these "acts"?

peace...

peace...

Try to stop being Evasive... Do you notice that the Adminstration doesn't use "terror" in it's terminology?...

If you do, what is your explanation for the change in how our Country addresses these "acts"?

peace...

I can't say that I noticed
Statement by the President on the Terrorist Attack in Bulgaria | The White House
Statement by the President on the Terrorist Attack in Bulgaria

"In a posting on its Chinese-language microblog account, the U.S. Embassy said it offered condolences to victims of the "violent attack," but stopped short of labeling it terrorism. Britain's Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said he was "saddened to hear about the terrorist attack."

peace...

America can't call it a terrorist attack as, with your stated war on terror, you'd have to assist China, or at least offer to.

Can't see that happening.

peace...

America can't call it a terrorist attack as, with your stated war on terror, you'd have to assist China, or at least offer to.

assumes China wants our assistence

idiot

peace...

We have no obligation to insert ourselves in anyone's affairs because we call something Terror.

You'll have to point me to that Requirement, because I missed it if you are claiming it exists. :thup:

peace...

peace...

assumes China wants our assistence

idiot

Where did I suggest that?

peace...

Unlike what China does, using the terrorist / terrorism label in a formal context within the United States carries with it legal obligations which determine how we have to act. If we throw a group on our State Department terrorism list then we MUST behave towards it legally speaking in certain ways, and that takes certain options such as diplomacy or the support of a Chinese peace deal with them off of the table barring Congressional involvement.

Also, They don't pose a threat to us. If China wants us to be more aggressive with them then that is a diplomatic card that we should use in our dealing with them (perhaps in exchange for them stopping piracy of US goods which costs us hundreds of billions of dollars). Or in exchange for their support in other matters.

Forum List

Back