China Buries Christians Alive

Where were you when China invaded Tibet and killed so many Buddhists?
In 1950? I was nowhere. How about you?
I wasn't born yet either. I'm just sayin' how come when Christians get persecuted it's a big deal, but not Buddhists?

I'm a former Roman Catholic turned Orthodox Christian, I think it's monstrous when anyone gets persecuted regardless of what religion they are....I also have great respect for the Buddhists, they're amazing people.

I wasn't born yet either. I'm just sayin' how come when Christians get persecuted it's a big deal, but not Buddhists?
Did you watch the video?
No, I didn't. China isn't even a Muslim nation.
Next time you have an opinion about anything you should probably just keep it to yourself.

Did you watch the video?
Next time you have an opinion about anything you should probably just keep it to yourself.
Too bad, dude. I have as much a right to my opinion as you do. I happen to agree with you that China has a terrible record of religious persecution. What's got your attention is that Christians have been persecuted. Buddhists are also persecuted.

Did you watch the video?

In China the majority religion is Taoism, or sometimes referred to as Daoism, they have about 1% of their population following Islam, so yes, China isn't a Muslim nation.

Did you watch the video?

In China the majority religion is Taoism, or sometimes referred to as Daoism, they have about 1% of their population following Islam, so yes, China isn't a Muslim nation.
Usually we hear about someone getting buried alive in a Muslim nation.

Did you watch the video?

Usually we hear about someone getting buried alive in a Muslim nation.

Well yes, they're prone to doing that sort of thing.

Did you watch the video?
Part of China has Muslims and has for several hundred years....

China is secular. Religion is something the state tries to control. It more or less threatens the rulers.

China is secular. Religion is something the state tries to control. It more or less threatens the rulers.

I have it saying that 87% is not religious/traditional worship/Taoism, there's no indication how many are Taosist, but it's there:

China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one saying it could be 12 million:

Taoism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

70% of the Chinese population follow the Chinese Folk Religion:

Chinese folk religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What really bugs me about the US position on China is that trade is more important than human rights violations.

China is too busy preaching to Israel that they need to treat the Palestinians better.
There is plenty of religious persecution world wide. It's done by "secular" groups and by other religions. The OP is shocked that Christians are the target.

China is too busy preaching to Israel that they need to treat the Palestinians better.
There is plenty of religious persecution world wide. It's done by "secular" groups and by other religions. The OP is shocked that Christians are the target.

Christians are fun to pick on. After you throw them to the lions they forgive you instead of lopping off your head.

This is why when a Christian baker refuses to bake a gay cake, they take everything he has in court, but when a Muslim refuses to bake a gay cake, we need to respect multicultural boundaries.

Forum List

Back