China confirms it is suspending agricultural product purchases in response to Trump's new tariffs

Do you libs know why Obama couldn't fully recover from the crash for working class America?...because China was taking our jobs...stealing our ideas...manipulating their economy...why is that so hard to understand?...

Oh Democrats know exactly what they're doing, been dong it since Clinton. No need to keep pretending they aren't 100% behind ruining the American economy for their own short term benefits. It's ll out in the open now; Foreign Affairs has hardly run a negative article about Red China in years, for instance, and they hate 'American populism', that interferes with the looting and labor racketeering profits..

China confirms it is suspending agricultural product purchases in response to Trump's new tariffs

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/china-confirms-it-is-suspending-agricultural-product-purchases-in-response-to-trumps-new-tariffs.html

• A spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Commerce says Chinese companies have stopped purchasing U.S. agricultural products in response to President Trump's new 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese goods.
  • "This is a serious violation of the meeting between the heads of state of China and the United States," the Minister of Commerce says in a statement Monday.
  • Reports of China pulling out of U.S. agriculture helped exacerbate fears on Wall Street pushing stocks to their worst day of the year. Now that China confirmed the reports, it could add to pressure on equities.
China confirmed reports that it was pulling out of U.S. agriculture as a weapon in the ongoing trade war.

A spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Commerce said Chinese companies have stopped purchasing U.S. agricultural products in response to President Trump's new 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese goods.

"This is a serious violation of the meeting between the heads of state of China and the United States," the Minister of Commerce said in a statement Monday that was translated via Google.

The department also said it would "not rule out" tariffs on newly purchased agricultural goods after August 3.

China is one of the largest buyers of U.S. agriculture. Bloomberg News reported that Beijing may stop importing them completely in response to new tariffs by the United States. According to reports by Chinese State media, it would also consider slapping tariffs on U.S. agricultural products that it already bought.

Those stories helped exacerbate fears on Wall Street pushing stocks to their worst day of the year. Now that China has confirmed the reports, it could add to pressure on equities. Stock futures fell Monday, implying a 480 point drop Tuesday.
Deflationary pressure on the price of bacon sounds good to me.

This is a battle for world supremacy...who do you want to win?...

There is no battle. American corporations exchanged American jobs for higher profits. Then Trump cancelled all your trade deals and ceded the field to the Chinese.

If there’s a “battle for world supremacy”, the Chinese won when you did nothing to stop off-shoring.
You need to read more DL....China is a very bad nation with evil intent....and they are desperate which makes them lethal to freedom....our freedom....
...yes! a commie under every American bed!
Yawn...another worthless meaningless rebuttal from vandalshandle...

I can't help it if I am amused. Just how is Chow Chung stealing my freedom?
In your case you are being stolen blind.....you are beyond any help...over the edge....

There is no battle. American corporations exchanged American jobs for higher profits. Then Trump cancelled all your trade deals and ceded the field to the Chinese.

If there’s a “battle for world supremacy”, the Chinese won when you did nothing to stop off-shoring.
You need to read more DL....China is a very bad nation with evil intent....and they are desperate which makes them lethal to freedom....our freedom....
...yes! a commie under every American bed!
Yawn...another worthless meaningless rebuttal from vandalshandle...

I can't help it if I am amused. Just how is Chow Chung stealing my freedom?
In your case you are being stolen blind.....you are beyond any help...over the edge....

Sorry, pal, but nobody from China has ever done me any harm. Neither has any illegal alien. In fact, the only one who has done me any harm is Trump, whose trade war has taken a healthy bite out of my 401-k.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/china-confirms-it-is-suspending-agricultural-product-purchases-in-response-to-trumps-new-tariffs.html

• A spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Commerce says Chinese companies have stopped purchasing U.S. agricultural products in response to President Trump's new 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese goods.
  • "This is a serious violation of the meeting between the heads of state of China and the United States," the Minister of Commerce says in a statement Monday.
  • Reports of China pulling out of U.S. agriculture helped exacerbate fears on Wall Street pushing stocks to their worst day of the year. Now that China confirmed the reports, it could add to pressure on equities.
China confirmed reports that it was pulling out of U.S. agriculture as a weapon in the ongoing trade war.

A spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of Commerce said Chinese companies have stopped purchasing U.S. agricultural products in response to President Trump's new 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese goods.

"This is a serious violation of the meeting between the heads of state of China and the United States," the Minister of Commerce said in a statement Monday that was translated via Google.

The department also said it would "not rule out" tariffs on newly purchased agricultural goods after August 3.

China is one of the largest buyers of U.S. agriculture. Bloomberg News reported that Beijing may stop importing them completely in response to new tariffs by the United States. According to reports by Chinese State media, it would also consider slapping tariffs on U.S. agricultural products that it already bought.

Those stories helped exacerbate fears on Wall Street pushing stocks to their worst day of the year. Now that China has confirmed the reports, it could add to pressure on equities. Stock futures fell Monday, implying a 480 point drop Tuesday.
Darn, China will no longer buy rice.

Sorry, pal, but nobody from China has ever done me any harm. Neither has any illegal alien. In fact, the only one who has done me any harm is Trump, whose trade war has taken a healthy bite out of my 401-k
Then you are not a auto worker or steel plant worker or ship builder or work in an American manufacturing plant...or a farm worker or a house painter or a dish washer or a fish cutter...restaurant worker...or janitor...
Maybe you should take a larger look at this topic and try to see it from outside of your little existence...your fellow Americans have seen a reduced overall lifestyle due to illegal acts by China...and illegal immigration...I get it you don't care...that is why you are on the losing side...because most kind and compassionate patriots do care....

Sorry, pal, but nobody from China has ever done me any harm. Neither has any illegal alien. In fact, the only one who has done me any harm is Trump, whose trade war has taken a healthy bite out of my 401-k
Then you are not a auto worker or steel plant worker or ship builder or work in an American manufacturing plant...or a farm worker or a house painter or a dish washer or a fish cutter...restaurant worker...or janitor...
Maybe you should take a larger look at this topic and try to see it from outside of your little existence...your fellow Americans have seen a reduced overall lifestyle due to illegal acts by China...and illegal immigration...I get it you don't care...that is why you are on the losing side...because most kind and compassionate patriots do care....

Only Trumpettes are naïve enough to think that globalization can be rolled back to economic nationalism. I do not want to work for Fruit-of the Loom. I do not want to paint your house. I do not want to pick your lettuce. If you want a level playing field with China and Mexico in the production of manual labor work, be prepared to roll back American hourly wage to $.90 per hour, and take away health insurance benefits, vacation time, and overtime. Our business in America is not digging coal out of a mountain. It is writing software and manufacturing computer chips. Either get on board, or follow the people who used to build 8 track tape players to oblivion.

Only Trumpettes are naïve enough to think that globalization can be rolled back to economic nationalism. I do not want to work for Fruit-of the Loom. I do not want to paint your house. I do not want to pick your lettuce. If you want a level playing field with China and Mexico in the production of manual labor work, be prepared to roll back American hourly wage to $.90 per hour, and take away health insurance benefits, vacation time, and overtime. Our business in America is not digging coal out of a mountain. It is writing software and manufacturing computer chips. Either get on board, or follow the people who used to build 8 track tape players to oblivion.
You are a selfish little non thinking small world loser...People in your own town and state have been negatively affected by China's illegal economic manipulation...you have too but you are just too engrossed in politics to see it...why do you think Obama couldn't recover the economy?....largely because he turned a blind eye to China...Trump is finally doing something about them...

Normally, my sympathies go to US citizens in almost every conflict with foreign nations. But the bastards in Iowa and Kansas put this SOB in the White House, so as far as I am concerned they own the disaster.

You just called your fellow Americans “bastards” because they disagree politically with you. What sort of man are you?

Normally, my sympathies go to US citizens in almost every conflict with foreign nations. But the bastards in Iowa and Kansas put this SOB in the White House, so as far as I am concerned they own the disaster.

You just called your fellow Americans “bastards” because they disagree politically with you. What sort of man are you?
Vandleshandle is a very shallow human being....

He is a very shallow human being....

He is a pretentious asshole

You are a selfish little non thinking small world loser...People in your own town and state have been negatively affected by China's illegal economic manipulation...you have too but you are just too engrossed in politics to see it...why do you think Obama couldn't recover the economy?....largely because he turned a blind eye to China...Trump is finally doing something about them...

Well, if you think that Obama did a bad job on the economy, during whose administration my net worth doubled, and regained everything that had been lost under Bush, there is no hope that you are qualified enough to do anything but paint houses, anyway.

The kind of man who calls it like it is. Your hero president Trump says a whole lot worse about American citizens.

He is a very shallow human being....

He is a pretentious asshole

You just can't help turning every thread to be about me, can you? I must be very important to you!

Well, if you think that Obama did a bad job on the economy, during whose administration my net worth doubled, and regained everything that had been lost under Bush, there is no hope that you are qualified enough to do anything but paint houses, anyway.
That's my entire point to you dummy...you are unique in that example and its once again all about you...not anyone else....as long as you were ok fuck the rest of us...numbers do not lie...and Obama was a feckless leader for most of the American population....Trump has brought us back...like it or not...he has....

The kind of man who calls it like it is. Your hero president Trump says a whole lot worse about American citizens.

You’re no man. Not remotely close. You’re a pussy.

That's my entire point to you dummy...you are unique in that example and its once again all about you...not anyone else....as long as you were ok fuck the rest of us...numbers do not lie...and Obama was a feckless leader for most of the American population....Trump has brought us back...like it or not...he has....

Ram, get back to me when you have passed a couple of college level economics courses

You’re no man. Not remotely close. You’re a pussy.

:itsok:

Forum List

Back