China Loses More From This Trade War

China may be getting the worse of it but is their leadership insecure enough to care? I'm not presenting this as a rhetoric question, I'm wondering if we'll see the Chinese pursue an anti-Trump policy with our presidential elections coming up next year.

Beijing has been enjoying the benefits of free trade with the West and the domestic political fruits of an increasingly anti-Western foreign policy. It’s time they were made to pick one.

China Loses More From This Trade War.

“It is vulnerable because it is a much poorer country with more fragile political institutions.”
It is also the worlds largest consumer market. No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US. Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US.
dude, there is absolutely no logic in that response.
Please explain.

America would have to stop buying Chinese products for them to lose.

Somehow Trump and his drones believe that will happen.

dumbasses -

]
Actually you did say 'without' oil but that is unimportant, they will not be SHORT of oil. The best we could do would be to make them pay more for the oil they import.

You're right. I did. A minor slip up. A discerning reader should have inferred the qualifier 'without sufficient oil'.

The Dangers Of China’s Growing Oil Demand | OilPrice.com

Slight disagreement. While oil is important to China, China's dependence on coal is a bigger problem as far as settling the trade war. Mozambique, the largest producer of coal suitable for blast furnaces, has recently been hit by a cyclone which is reducing shipments. Australia, which is a distant second as an exporter of the same grade of coal is also getting worried about the dependability of China as a customer and prefers selling to India. Australia's coal pits are a mild Cyclone magnet and regularly (every 3-5 years) have to pump the pits out while conforming to Australia's environmental laws. If the steel industry in China goes down the politburo is in big trouble. Russia is another source of coal for China but Putin is a much harder bargainer. China also likes irritating India and India's navy can keep China's navy and merchant marine out of the Indian ocean.

There are a lot more players in the trade war than what is being discussed and a much larger number of chinks in China's armor.

Notice how China isnt raising the stakes? Why is that? Dont you want the US and its employees to win?
I'm an American so of course I want the US to win, I'm just worried we won't. Seems China has done a tit for tat so far but they have been measured. If they started selling the US Treasury Bonds they hold we might be in serious trouble.
Could it be that the past 3 presidents have put a doubt in your head about how Great America is? Why not step up support your local President and demand that the Congress stop harassing him so he can do his job?

Beijing has been enjoying the benefits of free trade with the West and the domestic political fruits of an increasingly anti-Western foreign policy. It’s time they were made to pick one.

“It is vulnerable because it is a much poorer country with more fragile political institutions.”
It is also the worlds largest consumer market. No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US. Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US.
Please explain.
giphy.gif

You want me to explain to you your point?

]
Actually you did say 'without' oil but that is unimportant, they will not be SHORT of oil. The best we could do would be to make them pay more for the oil they import.

You're right. I did. A minor slip up. A discerning reader should have inferred the qualifier 'without sufficient oil'.

Slight disagreement. While oil is important to China, China's dependence on coal is a bigger problem as far as settling the trade war. Mozambique, the largest producer of coal suitable for blast furnaces, has recently been hit by a cyclone which is reducing shipments. Australia, which is a distant second as an exporter of the same grade of coal is also getting worried about the dependability of China as a customer and prefers selling to India. Australia's coal pits are a mild Cyclone magnet and regularly (every 3-5 years) have to pump the pits out while conforming to Australia's environmental laws. If the steel industry in China goes down the politburo is in big trouble. Russia is another source of coal for China but Putin is a much harder bargainer. China also likes irritating India and India's navy can keep China's navy and merchant marine out of the Indian ocean.

There are a lot more players in the trade war than what is being discussed and a much larger number of chinks in China's armor.
You've amply demonstrated just how interconnected the global trade network is. I just worry that Trump may pull the wrong thread and plunge us all into a recession.

Please explain.
No need to be snarky, you could have just said that it was just your baseless opinion and I would have been happy to ignore it.
snarky? you were trying to be cute or something? I asked you to explain your, YOUR, logic in your post. and then you asked me to explain. dude, relax and just clarify your fking point.

Could it be that the past 3 presidents have put a doubt in your head about how Great America is? Why not step up support your local President and demand that the Congress stop harassing him so he can do his job?
It's only our current President who has me doubting. After all he ran on the slogan Make America Great Again. I thought we were always great.

]

You've amply demonstrated just how interconnected the global trade network is. I just worry that Trump may pull the wrong thread and plunge us all into a recession.
wow amazing how you think with all of the oversight and departments that an individual in our country, any one individual can take a 300 million populace to recession. wow.

You do realize that the US is a self sustaining country? That all our needs are right here in the Good Ole US of A? That without her, no other country would be able to survive?

NEED? Americans have a lot of WANT and we consume way more than we produce.

Of course we can consume less due to just about everything everything being way more expensive, but thats not what we want. Especially not at historically low unemployment.

Please explain.
No need to be snarky, you could have just said that it was just your baseless opinion and I would have been happy to ignore it.
snarky? you were trying to be cute or something? I asked you to explain your, YOUR, logic in your post. and then you asked me to explain. dude, relax and just clarify your fking point.
I said: "It is also the worlds largest consumer market. No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US. Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US."
Which part did you find illogical?
  • "It is also the worlds largest consumer market." - fact, do you disagree?
  • "No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US." - seems reasonable to me, do you disagree?
  • "Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US." - also seems logical to me, China is quite capable of developing new trading partners, they may pay a price for leaving trade with the US in the short term but we may lose in the long-term, do you disagree?

wow amazing how you think with all of the oversight and departments that an individual in our country, any one individual can take a 300 million populace to recession. wow.
Who will stop him from continuing to raise tariffs on China and other countries? I don't see the Senate in that role.

Please explain.
I said: "It is also the worlds largest consumer market. No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US. Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US."
Which part did you find illogical?
  • "It is also the worlds largest consumer market." - fact, do you disagree?
  • "No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US." - seems reasonable to me, do you disagree?
  • "Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US." - also seems logical to me, China is quite capable of developing new trading partners, they may pay a price for leaving trade with the US in the short term but we may lose in the long-term, do you disagree?
  • "It is also the worlds largest consumer market." - fact, do you disagree? Yes, the US is the largest consumer market. if it wasn't china wouldn't be buying our intellectual rights.

One thing we know for certain.....

If it's to America's detriment, dimocrap scum are for it.

Just read the posts in here. Tells you all you need to know about dims

You do realize that the US is a self sustaining country? That all our needs are right here in the Good Ole US of A? That without her, no other country would be able to survive?
We could be a self sustaining country but we are not and that is why our trade deficit was so large. If we were a self sustaining country our standard of living would be lower than it is today.
We’re not self-sufficient because the neo-Cons gutted out our industries.

The wealthy corporation owners & the Republicans have been gutting 'labor' for the past 100 years.

Republicans can sit there & lie to their base, tell them how pro middle class & pro working class they are but the GOP voter has been too stupid to figure that out for many, many decades.

The wealthy corporation owners & the Republicans have been gutting 'labor' for the past 100 years.

Republicans can sit there & lie to their base, tell them how pro middle class & pro working class they are but the GOP voter has been too stupid to figure that out for many, many decades.

You're right but with one MAJOR problem -- Trump isn't a 'republican' and neither am I.

Forum List

Back