China Loses More From This Trade War

That’s why I’m happy our president isn’t a politician.

I laugh every time I see that in writing.
We will now engage in the immature ad hominem game of Smileys.

you are welcome to do whatever makes you happy. I just find that statement funny as hell.
I know...because you are so superior to everyone.
We all now to your superior superiorness.

Not sure what finding a funny statement funny has to do with being superior, but I am glad that you do recognize your place.

Oh, and you now what to my superiorness?

You REALLY want to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US...make the Chinese play fair on trade! This should have been done decades ago.

That is so much bullshit. More jobs have been lost to technology than China. Manufacturing has been coming back to the US since the early part of this decade.

Gee, BB...didn't you get the memo? According to Barry Obama...those manufacturing jobs won't be coming back period! Now you're claiming they've been coming back for ten years?

China is busy building bridges to/with other country's, some times not nicely, but building. while we are cutting ties with other nations we have called friends. cant see the up side to starting fights with every one. don't think we can stand alone & build a better nation.
China is building artificial islands and claiming that other countries are now part of China.

and building railroads in Brazil to bring all the grain producing regions crops to one port to be shipped to China, they are replacing their need for our Ag products. Ag products are our biggest export by far and China is our largest customer.
And China is building a highway from China to Singapore.
Perfect for tanks.

It is also the worlds largest consumer market. No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US. Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US.
China is 1% super rich and the rest dirt poor.
Without the US buying the cheap shit products of China, there is no economy of China?
China is a society of worker bees trying to survive and the elite at the top. No middle like here.
There is no middle here either.

Really? What do you consider yourself?
None of your business.

Without the US buying the cheap shit products of China, there is no economy of China?
China is a society of worker bees trying to survive and the elite at the top. No middle like here.
There is no middle here either.
I'm sorry, but dude, that is definitely a parroted post. just saying. for you to think that there are no middle class folks in the US is simply leftist fakery, which you just parroted.
He lives in his moms basement at 42 and his life long ambition is to change his Toyota tailgate to read Toy.
Don't be stupider than you have to be son.

Beijing has been enjoying the benefits of free trade with the West and the domestic political fruits of an increasingly anti-Western foreign policy. It’s time they were made to pick one.

China Loses More From This Trade War.

“It is vulnerable because it is a much poorer country with more fragile political institutions.”
It is also the worlds largest consumer market. No country will want to be excluded from it, not even the US. Short-term wins may turn out to be long-term losses as China adapts to a new relationship with the US.
And other than residents of Shanghai, how many Chinese can really afford most of our products?

Hundreds of millions.

Beijing has been enjoying the benefits of free trade with the West and the domestic political fruits of an increasingly anti-Western foreign policy. It’s time they were made to pick one.

“It is vulnerable because it is a much poorer country with more fragile political institutions.”

Changing as we speak.

And other than residents of Shanghai, how many Chinese can really afford most of our products?

Hundreds of millions.
If anyone still makes bikes in America.

upload_2019-5-15_20-22-33.jpeg

That’s why I’m happy our president isn’t a politician.

I laugh every time I see that in writing.
We will now engage in the immature ad hominem game of Smileys.

you are welcome to do whatever makes you happy. I just find that statement funny as hell.
I know...because you are so superior to everyone.
We all now to your superior superiorness.

Not sure what finding a funny statement funny has to do with being superior, but I am glad that you do recognize your place.

Oh, and you now what to my superiorness?
Bow...

China is busy building bridges to/with other country's, some times not nicely, but building. while we are cutting ties with other nations we have called friends. cant see the up side to starting fights with every one. don't think we can stand alone & build a better nation.
China is building artificial islands and claiming that other countries are now part of China.

and building railroads in Brazil to bring all the grain producing regions crops to one port to be shipped to China, they are replacing their need for our Ag products. Ag products are our biggest export by far and China is our largest customer.
Perfect for tanks.

When they build one that will reach the US, let me know

Hundreds of millions.
If anyone still makes bikes in America.

View attachment 261041

Could you find an older picture? Maybe one from the 70s?

Perfect for tanks.

When they control all of Asia, you’ll know from the economic collapse.

You REALLY want to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US...make the Chinese play fair on trade! This should have been done decades ago.

That is so much bullshit. More jobs have been lost to technology than China. Manufacturing has been coming back to the US since the early part of this decade.

Gee, BB...didn't you get the memo? According to Barry Obama...those manufacturing jobs won't be coming back period! Now you're claiming they've been coming back for ten years?

They are not coming back. Some new ones to match population growth are being created, but we will never be back to the number we were before 2000. The reason for that is because 80% of those jobs were lost to automation and process improvements. This is why even as jobs were going down, output was still going up. See the two graphs below...

upload_2019-5-15_19-52-25.png

upload_2019-5-15_19-52-42.png

Perfect for tanks.

hmmm...it is almost as if that is why we have so many troops stationed in Japan and South Korea.

now if we could just get our current president to quit pulling the US out of every international deal and letting China fill the void, we might be able to slow them down

Perfect for tanks.

hmmm...it is almost as if that is why we have so many troops stationed in Japan and South Korea.

now if we could just get our current president to quit pulling the US out of every international deal and letting China fill the void, we might be able to slow them down

Oh look...a liberal pretending they know how to conduct foreign policy without giving away the farm! You mean like pulling out of the Paris Accord that let China continue to INCREASE its polluting for decades while we decrease ours now? Gosh, why would we want to get out of a swell deal like THAT one! It not only hurts our economy...it doesn't do squat to fix the problem of global warming!

2 or three weeks ago I said we'd have to wait an see the macro in china
if it came out its slump or not

still slumpy
the chi comes panic when gdp dips under 6...they really dont wanna see anything under six and its been getting close...thier was some controled slow down ...but that was last year they like a high 6 7
time to build more ghost cities

China's economy hit the brakes even before the new Trump tariffs
By business reporter Stephen Letts
Posted earlier today at 2:36am
China's economy appears to have slowed abruptly, even before the recent escalation of trade hostilities with the US.
China's economy appears to be slowing again after stabilising earlier this year
Retail sales, industrial production and infrastructure investment in April were all much weaker than expected
Chinese authorities are expected to unleash more stimulus as heightened trade tensions drag economic growth down further
The monthly release of key economic data showed widespread weakness across the important domestic drivers in retail and the industrial heartland during April.
Retail sales grew at their slowest pace since during the SARS outbreak in 2003.
Sales lifted 7.2 per cent over the month, but that was a big step down from the 8.7 per cent in March and much lower than analyst expectations.
Housing-related consumption — including furniture, home appliances and construction & decoration material — slowed dramatically, as did sales of clothes, phones and cosmetics.
Industrial output slowed from 8.5 per cent growth to 5.4 pre cent, also far weaker than expected, while fixed-asset investment — a proxy for infrastructure and property spending — also headed south.
The rapidly cooling domestic economy doubles down on weaker than expected export demand

Forum List

Back