China threatens to nuke Japan if they attempt to stop China from taking Taiwan

Interesting. But i guess it contains relatively little plutonium. Fukushima's melted down reactor had about 200 kg of it. A tiny amount, relatively, i guess.

So one reactor had enough to make about 40 bombs. Hardly worthwhile, eh?
40 firecrackers you mean!

That is a tiny amount of plutonium to build 40 weapons.

Where are you getting your information? Are you secretly watching CNN documentaries?

From one reactor? Is that all? LOL!
The firecrackers we used in WWII had about 5 kg of plutonium. By your calculations that would give us about 40 firecrackers. Why are you being such a dick about something you know nothing about?

The firecrackers we used in WWII had about 5 kg of plutonium.

Firecracker.

By your calculations that would give us about 40 firecrackers.

Only weapons larger than 20kt count?

Why are you being such a dick about something you know nothing about?

Why is there even a question about Japan's technological prowess?
Most of their technology has nothing to do with nuclear weapons. A 20KT nuke is like a flea bite to China, who would simply turn the islands into a glass atoll.

A LOT of the publicly available knowledge concerning fissionable materials and reactors is just wrong...and it's deliberate.

Just saying...go with that.

And the reprocessing is not exactly a "clean" or easy process either. That material wants to go everywhere and stick to everything.

Just saying.

The plutonium produced in reactors for power generation is tiny compared to reactors designed and operated to produce nuclear weapons.

They have nearly 3 dozen reactors.

Interesting. But i guess it contains relatively little plutonium. Fukushima's melted down reactor had about 200 kg of it. A tiny amount, relatively, i guess.

Where are you getting your information? Are you secretly watching CNN documentaries?

How long to shut down the reactor, disassemble the fuel components, separate the plutonium, remove any impurities, construct a weapon from scratch, and then deploy such a warhead on a weapon that does not yet exist, and do all of that under the watchful eye of every other country in the world?

My God, you are incredibly stupid!

How long to shut down the reactor, disassemble the fuel components, separate the plutonium, remove any impurities,

They've had reactors for over 50 years. I guess it's impossible for them to have already done it, eh?

construct a weapon from scratch,

I guess it's impossible for them to have already done it, eh?

and then deploy such a warhead on a weapon that does not yet exist

It doesn't?

The firecrackers we used in WWII had about 5 kg of plutonium. By your calculations that would give us about 40 firecrackers. Why are you being such a dick about something you know nothing about?

Firecracker.

Most of their technology has nothing to do with nuclear weapons. A 20KT nuke is like a flea bite to China, who would simply turn the islands into a glass atoll.

A 20KT nuke is like a flea bite to China,

A hundred flea bites? A thousand?

Wow, you're smart.

China now, after they helped steal the election so that the Broccoli in the White House could win, China knows it that can do whatever they want, wherever they want!

Who is going to stop them, the new American military in drag?

Don't think so.

The plutonium produced in reactors for power generation is tiny compared to reactors designed and operated to produce nuclear weapons.

They have nearly 3 dozen reactors.

How long to shut down the reactor, disassemble the fuel components, separate the plutonium, remove any impurities, construct a weapon from scratch, and then deploy such a warhead on a weapon that does not yet exist, and do all of that under the watchful eye of every other country in the world?

My God, you are incredibly stupid!

How long to shut down the reactor, disassemble the fuel components, separate the plutonium, remove any impurities,

They've had reactors for over 50 years. I guess it's impossible for them to have already done it, eh?

construct a weapon from scratch,

I guess it's impossible for them to have already done it, eh?

and then deploy such a warhead on a weapon that does not yet exist

It doesn't?
They have not done it, or everyone would know they did, especially the Chinese. Which weapon's system are you planning on using?

China's strategic bomber is older than I am, and the Russians have not provided any significant upgrades. They would last milliseconds in combat against our fleet or aircraft. I guess the Chinese could throw rocks and since the Japanese are such baseball fans, they could hit them right back at them!

Plenty of countries in Asia wouldn’t mind nuking Japan. Merciless invaders.
Yeah. Right! What country has Japan invaded since WWII?
We were the last country they attacked and we had to drop not one but two nukes to get their belligerent asses to surrender. To learn more about those lovely people, check the Bataan death march or any Japanese POW stories, and go ahead and check out the Nanjing Massacre during their latest invasion of China.

I'd say that the way we transformed Japan was America's greatest non-military, foreign policy success of the 20th century.
Foreign policy would have had no effect on Japan if we hadn't dropped two nukes on them and kept them from building an aggressive military.

Firecracker.

Wow, you're smart.

Where do you get these hundreds and thousands of nuclear firecrackers (bombs), which BTW are outlawed by the Japanese?
We were the last country they attacked and we had to drop not one but two nukes to get their belligerent asses to surrender. To learn more about those lovely people, check the Bataan death march or any Japanese POW stories, and go ahead and check out the Nanjing Massacre during their latest invasion of China.

You hold people in Japan today responsible for the actions of their great grandparents? That's typical of a racist bastard, not a thoughtful, intelligent, student of history.

Is burgermeister a username or your position at McDonald's after school?

I'd say that the way we transformed Japan was America's greatest non-military, foreign policy success of the 20th century.
Foreign policy would have had no effect on Japan if we hadn't dropped two nukes on them and kept them from building an aggressive military.

Oh, I guess they were aggressive during all those years when they isolated themselves from the rest of the world?

Your knowledge of history is elementary school level at best.

Firecracker.

Wow, you're smart.

Where do you get these hundreds and thousands of nuclear firecrackers (bombs), which BTW are outlawed by the Japanese?

You hold people in Japan today responsible for the actions of their great grandparents? That's typical of a racist bastard, not a thoughtful, intelligent, student of history.

No dummy I explained my comment about why plenty of countries wouldn't mind seeing them nuked. I'm sure I know more about history than you, based on your childish comments.

Firecracker.

Wow, you're smart.

No dummy I explained my comment about why plenty of countries wouldn't mind seeing them nuked. I'm sure I know more about history than you, based on your childish comments.
Why did you quote men and then talk to yourself? I have a degree in history and traveled the world. You, on the other hand, apparently work for a Scottish restaurant in suburbia while waiting to move on to middle school.

As soon as you explain why a nuke is too complex for Japan to build.
I suggest working on that reading skill first. Please quote where I said that.

Why can you not stick with one topic? The last thing you accused me of was saying China would attack Japan with MIRVs. Would you care to admit that was a lie?

Forum List

Back