China to return seized drone, calls ‘hype’ inappropriate

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't think this is an acceptable response. Where is the apology? Where are the consequences? They take anything they choose, keep it as long as they like, dissect and gain access to U.S property, even if it via a contractor?

They need to apologise and/or be put on notice that next time they engage in this, there will be consequences, economic or otherwise. This arrogant, belligerent nation is expanding into International waters and threatening allies and the world via this military expansion.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/17/china-to-return-seized-drone-calls-hype-inappropriate/

China will return a U.S. drone that its navy seized from international waters earlier this week, despite its claims the U.S. “hyped up” the incident.

Chinese military leaders said they will hand over the underwater research drone a Chinese crew removed from the South China Sea but slammed American leaders for overreacting to the drone’s capture.

“China and the United States have been communicating about this process. It is inappropriate and unhelpful for a resolution that the U.S. has unilaterally hyped up the issue,” said Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman Sr. Col. Yang Yujun. “We express regret over that.”

The decision to give back the drone came hours after President-elect Trump accused China of stealing the Navy research device in an “unprecedented act.”

Being it was an American drone not a Canadian one I doubt you get to name the calls on how or if anything will be done about it.

Countdown to some wag claiming Rump made it happen with his "unpresidented" tweet in four.... three... two....

Being it was an American drone not a Canadian one I doubt you get to name the calls on how or if anything will be done about it.

How do you know I'm not an American?

Secondly, I doubt anyone on this forum has that type of authority, unless you are more important than we know.

Forum List

Back