China Virus. Stay home. Soon, not even tv.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
we all are trying to abide by the new rules in staying home. Hoarding tp, reading, watching tv....oops. Not for long maybe. Right now, I think its all a novel experience to those who have never experienced something like this the whole world over, and most are ok with doing what needs done to stop the spread. But....take away the freedoms, the bars, the gyms, socializing, TELEVISION and Netflix and Internet...and there is going to be a problem. Rebellion. Watch and see. Give them their comforts the best they can, but take away their quarantined entertainment...all hell will break loose.

Why am I sayiing this? Netflix cannot be reached. IP cannot be found. Wait time to talk to a homebound rep is 2 hours. There are no humans to talk to. Passwords do not work. When you call them, automated message says (Paraphrasing) : Sorry. Due to the virus, we have shut off our phones. Goodbye".
MrG is bored..and pissed off now because he think Prime and cable will soon follow suit. Maybe it will. I dread it.

we all are trying to abide by the new rules in staying home. Hoarding tp, reading, watching tv....oops. Not for long maybe. Right now, I think its all a novel experience to those who have never experienced something like this the whole world over, and most are ok with doing what needs done to stop the spread. But....take away the freedoms, the bars, the gyms, socializing, TELEVISION and Netflix and Internet...and there is going to be a problem. Rebellion. Watch and see. Give them their comforts the best they can, but take away their quarantined entertainment...all hell will break loose.

Why am I sayiing this? Netflix cannot be reached. IP cannot be found. Wait time to talk to a homebound rep is 2 hours. There are no humans to talk to. Passwords do not work. When you call them, automated message says (Paraphrasing) : Sorry. Due to the virus, we have shut off our phones. Goodbye".
MrG is bored..and pissed off now because he think Prime and cable will soon follow suit. Maybe it will. I dread it.

Great! Maybe finally people will wake the hell up!

ITMT, I don't need TV nor Netflix, I have my own video system with enough select best of the best movies, documentaries, shows and sitcoms in it to watch 8 hours a day and not see anything twice for 7 years.

I don't really need it either. I have my books, craft paints, bead supplies. MrG though...he must have his tv. It will not be pretty if he loses that. Oh, and I want my internet.

I can make busy
P3162057.JPG

Netflix is fine here.

I can make busy

Good ideas. I have a good size plasma cutter but clean steel is 30 miles away, guess I have to bite it and go there.

Seen the 55 steel barrels cut decoratively for trash burners? Cool too.
Look for hot water heaters and dissect the tank inside. They are usually about 1/8" thick and the only rust through is in the end "drums" which you cut off and cap anyway. The diameter doesnt make for a bigazz smoker but will do for an 8-10 steak grill @ 50 lbs complete

ITMT, I don't need TV nor Netflix, I have my own video system with enough select best of the best movies, documentaries, shows and sitcoms in it to watch 8 hours a day and not see anything twice for 7 years.
So that's why they call you "toob"freak!

I don't really need it either. I have my books, craft paints, bead supplies. MrG though...he must have his tv. It will not be pretty if he loses that. Oh, and I want my internet.
Gracie, try netflix again. I don't have it but I tried the site and it came right up.

Breathe!

So that's why they call you "toob"freak!

Actually, NO. I borrowed toobfreak from a best friend and mentor who passed away. It refers to AUDIO tubes, the cornerstone of the finest music reproduction. Not to a TV tube. Indeed, few TV's even have "tubes" (picture CRT tubes) any more.

That's kinda why I have a thermionic valve audion amplifier at the bottom of my every post! And my avatar is a pentode tube.

Forum List

Back