Chinese take PONY world series

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The nine from Taipei went to Washington PA and took the title.

I looked at the game for a while on TV this past week, it looked like the Chinese were outclassed, and certaintly outsized, with the American boys being twice their size.

Really surprised me with the result.

My son competed in this event many years ago. Part of the excellence of the "Chinese-Taipei" team's excellence was due to their maturity. They took the whole thing seriously, practicing their technique, staying loose when not playing, etc. We were told that their teams played as a unit, year round, which would also help. The U.S. teams were all-star teams that had only been together for 4-6 weeks.

I like the Pony WS better than LL. More like real BB.

The nine from Taipei went to Washington PA and took the title.

I looked at the game for a while on TV this past week, it looked like the Chinese were outclassed, and certaintly outsized, with the American boys being twice their size.

Really surprised me with the result.

Does Tapei choose an All Star team from the teams that play each other there? I expect they develop some real talent there.

To any old enough you may remember a couple of decades ago Taiwan/Taipei winning many Little League World Series. The it stopped or slowed down in a huge way. If you recall, they were taller than many of the other teams and seemed more mature in a general sense. They may have been cheating and the Little League is keeping it hushed. For they do not get there very often now.

Forum List

Back