Chris Cornell dead

He got frustrated that he couldn't write a real song so he hung himself?
He did actually hang himself, but he was a genius song writer. If you think he wasnt a good writer, its because you have shit taste in music. Im thinking you should hang YOURSELF, faggot.
So faggots aren't supposed to like his music? Was he homophobic? Or is that just you?
Shut up, you ridiculous douche.

He was alright. In his hey day. But let's be honest... He never was, nor will be ever be, a Kurt Cobain.
See, here's the thing. I don't see how Kurt had such a cult following. Him voice & singing always sounded whiney & screechy to me. Personally couldn't stand his singing. Some of the music was great but I just could not stand his vocal style.
More people related to Kurtz music. And that includes his voice. I agree, that in a "technical" sense, Cornell was a much greater vocalist. But that doesn't always matter. Rock history is filled with titans who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket...
You got me there. Hell Ozzy can't even remember the words to his music & I still pay to see him every time he resurfaces lol. Last time I saw him was at Sprint Center with Amy Lee & Zach Wyld

I never got to see Soundgarden at their commercial peak; however, I have been fortunate enough to see them live 3 times over the last few years, and saw Chris Cornell in an intimate setting during his acoustic tour a few years back. Incredible live act. That fucker could sing. I think he's only topped by Mike Patton as far as vocal range in rock music. Or something like that.

Anyway, he will be missed. RIP Chris
Rock on :rock:

Loved his music. Really sad that he's gone, but to commit suicide at his age when he has young children? I understand that people suffer from mental illness, but he had young children, so it seems a rather selfish act, IMO. He took their father away from them.

Suicide is difficult enough for an adult to comprehend, never mind for a young child and especially when it is one of their parents. Very tragic for those children. :( I feel very, very sorry for them.

Suicide. Fuck him.
Local radio says it was suicide. Or accidental death due to strangulation. Jerking off gone bad? Like the lead singer for INXS?
I'm hoping it's Autoerotic Asphyxiation rather than suicide and just an accident. Might be easier for the family.

Yeah 'cause it's easier for a family to know their loved one was strangling himself while jerking off as opposed to just being unhappy, weak, and selfish and taking a coward's way out...

Suicide. Fuck him.
Local radio says it was suicide. Or accidental death due to strangulation. Jerking off gone bad? Like the lead singer for INXS?
I'm hoping it's Autoerotic Asphyxiation rather than suicide and just an accident. Might be easier for the family.

Yeah 'cause it's easier for a family to know their loved one was strangling himself while jerking off as opposed to just being unhappy, weak, and selfish and taking a coward's way out...

Shut the fuck up. Serious depression overrides all rational thinking. It's a sickness that takes over the brain like a virus.

Suicide. Fuck him.

It might be easier knowing it was an accident rather than intentional. People have a strange way of blaming themselves for others suicides,I.E. what could I have done, if only I'd done this or that. If it was an accident it might give them some measure of comfort that it wasn't somehow their fault. It's just very sad all around.

He was alright. In his hey day. But let's be honest... He never was, nor will be ever be, a Kurt Cobain.

He was an infinitely better singer and as good of a songwriter than Kurt was.

Totally agree. He far surpassed Kurt C. His voice was incredible. Sound garden, Temple of Dog and Audioslave all rocked mostly because of Cornell.
He was just here last week I think. Didn't go. Went to see Slaughter instead

I saw them with NIN couple years ago. That night Sound Garden wasn't their best. NIN blew them away musically. Sound Garden was the main reason I got the tickets. Still worth seeing though. :)

Forum List

Back