Christian Bake Shop Must Serve Gakes

Being gay isn't a choice. I didn't wake up one day and make a decision to date men and be a heterosexual person. It's who I am. Being gay is the same. God made some people gay and God doesn't make mistakes.

Jesus was very clear that you have no right to judge others and treat them badly because they are sinners. If you believe being gay is a sin, you should not refuse any kindness to a gay person.

Imagine how God will feel towards you for your treatment of His children.
God calls homos an abomination in the Bible and says they are destined for hell.

So I doubt he thinks of you as one of his "children".

And yes, being a faggot is a choice, a pathetic choice, but still a choice. ... :cool:

o bullshit sunni and you know it...why the hell are you quoting the bible when you are muslim? well?

bible says a lot of stupid shit now doesnt it?

If the baker was smart, he would have said he was too busy to take any more orders.

And gave the homo couple the name and address of another bakery.

Problem solved.......... :cool:

A wedding cake is a piece of art.

No artist (the baker) should be made to design or create anything against his/her will.

This opinion is not based on religious beliefs.

Actually, design only would be considered artistic creation. Baking and reproducing a cake already in the portfolio would be more a technical process then an "articistic" process.

You can see their portfolio of reproducible cakes here -->> Wedding | MASTERPIECE CAKESHOP

>>>>

I didn't see any with rainbows or with "gay" toppers.

Had the baker said "Sorry, but only what's in the catalogue" it might have been much different.

A wedding cake is a piece of art.

No artist (the baker) should be made to design or create anything against his/her will.

This opinion is not based on religious beliefs.

Actually, design only would be considered artistic creation. Baking and reproducing a cake already in the portfolio would be more a technical process then an "articistic" process.

You can see their portfolio of reproducible cakes here -->> Wedding | MASTERPIECE CAKESHOP

>>>>

I don't see anything that says they ordered a "rainbow" colored cake.

Toppers can be either a single figurine or they can be individual figurines. If the bakery only normally supplied mixed gender single figurines then they would not be required to special order a single figurine depicting couples of the same sex - just like a Jewish deli owner is not required to add baby back pork ribs to his menu.

However if the bakery normally had as an offering, a choice of individual figurines (one for the bride and groom, [or groom and groom, or bride and bride as the case may be]) then refusing to sell/provide single figurines which they sell would be a violation of the law.

>>>>>

Last edited:
I just wouldn't want anyone preparing food for me that did not want to.

That equates to:

WHY would someone live where they aren't wanted?
Because we can afford the house, and it's in a neighborhood that has faster (and more benign) police response, better schools, public transportation, libraries, and hospitals.

WHY would anyone want to WORK where they aren't wanted? Because of the pay, experience, and benefits.

WHY would anyone want to sit at a Carl Company lunch counter when they are SO CLEARLY not wanted there?

Because it is a simple human right to be served the same way and at the same place any other paying customer does,

DUH

>>>>

Had the baker said "Sorry, but only what's in the catalogue" it might have been much different.

Yep, as long as they didn't take custom orders as a general practice, that would be correct.

However if they take custom orders for wedding cakes for heterosexual couples, under the law they cannot deny custom orders for homosexual couples.

>>>>

That equates to:

Because we can afford the house, and it's in a neighborhood that has faster (and more benign) police response, better schools, public transportation, libraries, and hospitals.

WHY would anyone want to WORK where they aren't wanted? Because of the pay, experience, and benefits.

WHY would anyone want to sit at a Carl Company lunch counter when they are SO CLEARLY not wanted there?

Because it is a simple human right to be served the same way and at the same place any other paying customer does,

DUH

It doesn't equate to any of that bullshit.

nice try though :thup:

Yep, as long as they didn't take custom orders as a general practice, that would be correct.

However if they take custom orders for wedding cakes for heterosexual couples, under the law they cannot deny custom orders for homosexual couples.

>>>>

Yup.

But assholes are not a protected group. The bakery should deny doing business with these people on the grounds that they are complete assholes.

That equates to:

DUH

So if you went to an Italian restaurant and I was the chef and I said I did not want to serve you, you would force me to cook a meal for you? I don't know about you but I just don't want anyone handling something I'm going to eat if they don't like me.

That equates to:

DUH

So if you went to an Italian restaurant and I was the chef and I said I did not want to serve you, you would force me to cook a meal for you? I don't know about you but I just don't want anyone handling something I'm going to eat if they don't like me.

I'm saying its a fucked up, deceitful, and and faulty analogy. If you won't do your professional duty based on a random client, you should be fired, period.

>>>>

Custom? Then we are back to "design" and artistry.

That equates to:

DUH

It doesn't equate to any of that bullshit.

nice try though :thup:

Does fucking too, it is the basis of the Carl Company sit ins. You usually don't SEEM stupid. What is it about the topic of today that has you blocked?

That equates to:

DUH

I'm saying its a fucked up, deceitful, and and faulty analogy. If you won't do your professional duty based on a random client, you should be fired, period.

With that said, I wouldn't want them preparing food for me.

With that said, I wouldn't want them preparing food for me.

I do understand that. People go out on a limb for justice though, and more power to them - it makes it safer for others to shop their preference and lessens the instances of consumer red lining.

Forum List

Back