🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christian couple charged with murder after baby dies of starvation

Honestly I've just been toying with you for a while now.

No you haven't. You've been soundly trounced.

Oh, my bad.

It's nothing personal. People put their faith in what doesn't deserve faith. Like science. Science doesn't deserve your faith. It really doesn't. It's just the process of investigation and it fails.

Okie dokie.
Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time on her.

That's interesting. I'm an evangelical Christian. I'm about 99.5% sure God is real, He's the Creator and King of the universe and Jesus Christ is His only Son.

Is science wrong about evolution? Just curious again.

Microevolution--no. Macroevolution--probably. God knows it's been wrong about plenty else.

But then again, I don't have a religious faith that hinges on evolution being correct. So, I'm not all hung up on it, to be honest.

I'm glad to hear this from a religious person.

Do you often make category errors?

Oh, my bad.

It's nothing personal. People put their faith in what doesn't deserve faith. Like science. Science doesn't deserve your faith. It really doesn't. It's just the process of investigation and it fails.
this is the part about religion that pretty much drove me away from it. judgements.

life fails. god gave me life. did god fail? i've failed a ton of times in life, even during the times i was a child reading scriptures at the pulpit during summer church camp at my grandparents. who failed? me or religion or god? now, i learn from that failure, get up and move on and try to do better the next time.

is that science or religion i'm talking about? seems the same to me. i always found science and religion to compliment each other, not fight. but you two are in a pissing contest so i'll bow out and go do something useful like see why there are no cupcakes in the vending machine. not sure if god failed me there or science, i just know all i have is a banana and that's just wrong.

That's interesting. I'm an evangelical Christian. I'm about 99.5% sure God is real, He's the Creator and King of the universe and Jesus Christ is His only Son.

Microevolution--no. Macroevolution--probably. God knows it's been wrong about plenty else.

But then again, I don't have a religious faith that hinges on evolution being correct. So, I'm not all hung up on it, to be honest.

I misread this post at first; I've been up all night. So why is macro evolution probably wrong? Do you realize that it's a unifying scientific theory? Do you understand the difference between a theory and a hypothesis? A lot of what we understand in science is based on what we understand about evolution. Scientists are 100% certain that macro evolution is a thing. There isn't a debate, not among real scientists anyway.

Have you considered the alternative? I mean like, really thought about it? Do you think complex organisms were zapped into existence from essentially nothing? Poof, life. Does that seem possible to you?

Do you often make category errors?

Oh, my bad.

this is the part about religion that pretty much drove me away from it. judgements.

life fails. god gave me life. did god fail? i've failed a ton of times in life, even during the times i was a child reading scriptures at the pulpit during summer church camp at my grandparents. who failed? me or religion or god? now, i learn from that failure, get up and move on and try to do better the next time.

is that science or religion i'm talking about? seems the same to me. i always found science and religion to compliment each other, not fight. but you two are in a pissing contest so i'll bow out and go do something useful like see why there are no cupcakes in the vending machine. not sure if god failed me there or science, i just know all i have is a banana and that's just wrong.

WHOA--hold on! You're passing judgment on judgments. But aren't you making a judgment? Are you saying making judgments is wrong? I'm genuinely curious and would like to know.

And you are correct that science and religion are not at odds. I would just like poster to realize he has made science into a faith.

BTW, you are absolutely correct about humans failing. Christianity is the only religion that has the remedy for that.

I misread this post at first; I've been up all night. So why is macro evolution probably wrong? Do you realize that it's a unifying scientific theory? Do you understand the difference between a theory and a hypothesis? A lot of what we understand in science is based on what we understand about evolution. Scientists are 100% certain that macro evolution is a thing. There isn't a debate, not among real scientists anyway.

Have you considered the alternative? I mean like, really thought about it? Do you think complex organisms were zapped into existence from essentially nothing? Poof, life. Does that seem possible to you?

100% certain? You sure about that--really?

whoa

Parents dont always know best.
And that is if they know anything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yet another. Fundie phony-Christians continue their crusade to be allowed to abuse anyone they wish to because of "religious freedom," which some of our pathetic politicians endorse. I hope these two rot in prison.
And I'm damned glad that Seth Owen's abusers were outed in public at least, although this death is far more disgusting.

It's time to clamp down on these cults.
You people are dangerous in your arrogance.

People like Hysteria scare me a lot more than these well meaning but naive parents do.

Good. It seems that these trash cults have taken over the Christian faith in this country with the aim of destroying it. Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society. Declaring that Islam isn't a religion all of a sudden. How pathetic. Hurting people and robbing the Christian faith of its core teachings and its dignity, simultaneously. This version of Christianity with none of the teachings of Jesus in it is disgusting.

IN your delusional fantasies, yep.

Do you think that people who do these things carry out the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth? Ever check out frankie graham? Jeffress? Hagee? Bill Gothard and the "Institute in Basic Life Principles"? Family Research Council? How does this stuff fit into these teachings?

Did graham and jeffress say that Islam is not a religion or did they not?

Are "purity rings" given to boys, or not?

Oh, my bad.

WHOA--hold on! You're passing judgment on judgments. But aren't you making a judgment? Are you saying making judgments is wrong? I'm genuinely curious and would like to know.

And you are correct that science and religion are not at odds. I would just like poster to realize he has made science into a faith.

BTW, you are absolutely correct about humans failing. Christianity is the only religion that has the remedy for that.

Anyway I feel like we better take this somewhere else, yes? Probably off topic.

And that is if they know anything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yet another. Fundie phony-Christians continue their crusade to be allowed to abuse anyone they wish to because of "religious freedom," which some of our pathetic politicians endorse. I hope these two rot in prison.
And I'm damned glad that Seth Owen's abusers were outed in public at least, although this death is far more disgusting.

It's time to clamp down on these cults.
You people are dangerous in your arrogance.

People like Hysteria scare me a lot more than these well meaning but naive parents do.

Good. It seems that these trash cults have taken over the Christian faith in this country with the aim of destroying it. Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society. Declaring that Islam isn't a religion all of a sudden. How pathetic. Hurting people and robbing the Christian faith of its core teachings and its dignity, simultaneously. This version of Christianity with none of the teachings of Jesus in it is disgusting.

IN your delusional fantasies, yep.

Do you think that people who do these things carry out the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth? Ever check out frankie graham? Jeffress? Hagee? Bill Gothard and the "Institute in Basic Life Principles"? Family Research Council? How does this stuff fit into these teachings?

Did graham and jeffress say that Islam is not a religion or did they not?

Are "purity rings" given to boys, or not?

Hagee is crazy. I have no idea who Jeffrees is. Bill Gothard is that guy who does the Quiverfull/Duggar thing right? Also a little nuts.

So that leaves Franklin Graham and the FRC, who are both pretty solid. Please prove where EITHER of these said or endorsed these:

Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society.

whoa

Maybe more like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Do you think it's possible for complex organisms to just form out of nowhere?

Here's the fallacy of the title:

The OP wants people to fill in "therefore, all Christians murder their babies by starving them to death".

Now, if Christians as a unanimous cohesive social force were holding "children starvation pride parades" across towns and cities all over the US every year since the 1960s, the OP might have a point. But putting out that all of a given demographic starve children is an insidious form of fake news. Implication can be more damaging than outright accusation. Every spin-doctor knows this too.

whoa

Maybe more like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Do you think it's possible for complex organisms to just form out of nowhere?

Of course I do. I'm a Christian. I think that is more likely than macroevolution--for something to come from nothing actually, or for something as intricate as the human eye to evolve.

But you know. "Science"

ETA Why don't you check out if there's a thread already in the religion/ethics forum and start one. I will meet you there, although evolution is not a hot topic for me. I hate to hijack this one

Oh, my bad.

i never said i was still religious so i can drop judgements w/o contradicting my lack of faith. :)

yes, this can be a tricky subject to talk through cause most people talk with the intent of making sure people understand where they are wrong, not simply to learn about each other. "lord knows" i can be guilty about that. >g<

Here's the fallacy of the title:

The OP wants people to fill in "therefore, all Christians murder their babies by starving them to death".

Now, if Christians as a unanimous cohesive social force were holding "children starvation pride parades" across towns and cities all over the US every year since the 1960s, the OP might have a point. But putting out that all of a given demographic starve children is an insidious form of fake news. Implication can be more damaging than outright accusation. Every spin-doctor knows this too.

Of course.

Imagine the Leftist outrage if:

Muslim Couple Charged with Murder after Daughter Dies in Honor Killing

Their first response is usually, "Christians do honor killings too!!" Kid you not.

Oh, my bad.

i never said i was still religious so i can drop judgements w/o contradicting my lack of faith. :)

yes, this can be a tricky subject to talk through cause most people talk with the intent of making sure people understand where they are wrong, not simply to learn about each other. "lord knows" i can be guilty about that. >g<

Sorry, judging is not counter to Christianity. How are we to ascertain the brethren if we don't judge? What does judging have to do with "lack of faith". I mean there is judging to condemn and there is judging RIGHTLY.

**BTW, this is what Jesus meant when He said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged. For by the measure you use..." That means, don't judge to condemn or you will be judged for condemnation.

Have you read or studied any Scripture since your childhood?

Oh, my bad.

Sorry, judging is not counter to Christianity. How are we to ascertain the brethren if we don't judge? What does judging have to do with "lack of faith". I mean there is judging to condemn and there is judging RIGHTLY.

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

?

Science is our friend, people.
Not in the UK..where only the state is allowed to deny children treatment and kill them.

U.S. Press Condemns U.K. Treatment of Baby Alfie While Ignoring Same Medical Kidnapping Seen in U.S. Every Day

Alfie Evans update: Parents to meet with doctors to ask if they can take their ailing son home

btw..the press lies about Alfie. He wasn't terminally ill. He was on life support. There's a difference. He was murdered by the state.

And that is okay, according to taint and other nazis.

?

The verse most misapplied and most likely to be tossed up to Christians by non-Christians. We know, believe me.

Here is the verse IN CONTEXT from Matthew 7. Notice Jesus is saying how you judge others is how you will be judged. He is not saying don't judge at all; he is saying be careful how you judge. Notice how HE judges then in verse 6! Dogs and pigs. Clearly, we are to judge, but judge with right judgment, and mercifully. This is always correct.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

?
That's not the whole sentence dear.

Forum List

Back