🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christian couple charged with murder after baby dies of starvation

this is the part about religion that pretty much drove me away from it. judgements.

life fails. god gave me life. did god fail? i've failed a ton of times in life, even during the times i was a child reading scriptures at the pulpit during summer church camp at my grandparents. who failed? me or religion or god? now, i learn from that failure, get up and move on and try to do better the next time.

is that science or religion i'm talking about? seems the same to me. i always found science and religion to compliment each other, not fight. but you two are in a pissing contest so i'll bow out and go do something useful like see why there are no cupcakes in the vending machine. not sure if god failed me there or science, i just know all i have is a banana and that's just wrong.

WHOA--hold on! You're passing judgment on judgments. But aren't you making a judgment? Are you saying making judgments is wrong? I'm genuinely curious and would like to know.

And you are correct that science and religion are not at odds. I would just like poster to realize he has made science into a faith.

BTW, you are absolutely correct about humans failing. Christianity is the only religion that has the remedy for that.
i never said i was still religious so i can drop judgements w/o contradicting my lack of faith. :)

yes, this can be a tricky subject to talk through cause most people talk with the intent of making sure people understand where they are wrong, not simply to learn about each other. "lord knows" i can be guilty about that. >g<

Sorry, judging is not counter to Christianity. How are we to ascertain the brethren if we don't judge? What does judging have to do with "lack of faith". I mean there is judging to condemn and there is judging RIGHTLY.

Have you read or studied any Scripture since your childhood?

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

?

The verse most misapplied and most likely to be tossed up to Christians by non-Christians. We know, believe me.

Here is the verse IN CONTEXT from Matthew 7. Notice Jesus is saying how you judge others is how you will be judged. He is not saying don't judge at all; he is saying be careful how you judge. Notice how HE judges then in verse 6! Dogs and pigs. Clearly, we are to judge, but judge with right judgment, and mercifully. This is always correct.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Yeah, I've actually had this explained to me before. I'm just fucking with you.

btw..the press lies about Alfie. He wasn't terminally ill. He was on life support. There's a difference. He was murdered by the state.

You can be terminally ill and on life support.

This kid wasn't. He could have gone on for years and years and years.

They killed him instead.

And according to nazis, that's cool.

It just isn't cool if kids die in their parents' care.

btw..the press lies about Alfie. He wasn't terminally ill. He was on life support. There's a difference. He was murdered by the state.

They killed him instead.

So this is like the Terry Schiavo controversy, huh?

They killed him instead.

So this is like the Terry Schiavo controversy, huh?

Where did I bring up Schiavo?

Oh yeah, I didn't.

If you think it's like the Schiavo controversy, you are free to share.

Oh, my bad.

It's nothing personal. People put their faith in what doesn't deserve faith. Like science. Science doesn't deserve your faith. It really doesn't. It's just the process of investigation and it fails.
this is the part about religion that pretty much drove me away from it. judgements.

life fails. god gave me life. did god fail? i've failed a ton of times in life, even during the times i was a child reading scriptures at the pulpit during summer church camp at my grandparents. who failed? me or religion or god? now, i learn from that failure, get up and move on and try to do better the next time.

is that science or religion i'm talking about? seems the same to me. i always found science and religion to compliment each other, not fight. but you two are in a pissing contest so i'll bow out and go do something useful like see why there are no cupcakes in the vending machine. not sure if god failed me there or science, i just know all i have is a banana and that's just wrong.

WHOA--hold on! You're passing judgment on judgments. But aren't you making a judgment? Are you saying making judgments is wrong? I'm genuinely curious and would like to know.

And you are correct that science and religion are not at odds. I would just like poster to realize he has made science into a faith.

BTW, you are absolutely correct about humans failing. Christianity is the only religion that has the remedy for that.
i never said i was still religious so i can drop judgements w/o contradicting my lack of faith. :)

yes, this can be a tricky subject to talk through cause most people talk with the intent of making sure people understand where they are wrong, not simply to learn about each other. "lord knows" i can be guilty about that. >g<

Sorry, judging is not counter to Christianity. How are we to ascertain the brethren if we don't judge? What does judging have to do with "lack of faith". I mean there is judging to condemn and there is judging RIGHTLY.

**BTW, this is what Jesus meant when He said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged. For by the measure you use..." That means, don't judge to condemn or you will be judged for condemnation.

has it changed since then?

It's nothing personal. People put their faith in what doesn't deserve faith. Like science. Science doesn't deserve your faith. It really doesn't. It's just the process of investigation and it fails.

**BTW, this is what Jesus meant when He said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged. For by the measure you use..." That means, don't judge to condemn or you will be judged for condemnation.

No but you have.

Yet another. Fundie phony-Christians continue their crusade to be allowed to abuse anyone they wish to because of "religious freedom," which some of our pathetic politicians endorse. I hope these two rot in prison.
And I'm damned glad that Seth Owen's abusers were outed in public at least, although this death is far more disgusting.

It's time to clamp down on these cults.
You people are dangerous in your arrogance.

People like Hysteria scare me a lot more than these well meaning but naive parents do.

Good. It seems that these trash cults have taken over the Christian faith in this country with the aim of destroying it. Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society. Declaring that Islam isn't a religion all of a sudden. How pathetic. Hurting people and robbing the Christian faith of its core teachings and its dignity, simultaneously. This version of Christianity with none of the teachings of Jesus in it is disgusting.

IN your delusional fantasies, yep.

Do you think that people who do these things carry out the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth? Ever check out frankie graham? Jeffress? Hagee? Bill Gothard and the "Institute in Basic Life Principles"? Family Research Council? How does this stuff fit into these teachings?

Did graham and jeffress say that Islam is not a religion or did they not?

Are "purity rings" given to boys, or not?

Hagee is crazy. I have no idea who Jeffrees is. Bill Gothard is that guy who does the Quiverfull/Duggar thing right? Also a little nuts.

So that leaves Franklin Graham and the FRC, who are both pretty solid. Please prove where EITHER of these said or endorsed these:

Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society.

These thing are going on in "religious right" society, pushed by scum who call themselves "pastors."

Jeffress is one of those Southern Baptist nutcases who run around saying that Islam is not a religion and who knows what else. He's a phony twit. Frankie graham and the FRC are the same trashy little nutjobs. And "focus on the family" was allowed to run around campus at the Air Force Academy bothering the cadets.

You people are dangerous in your arrogance.

People like Hysteria scare me a lot more than these well meaning but naive parents do.

Good. It seems that these trash cults have taken over the Christian faith in this country with the aim of destroying it. Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society. Declaring that Islam isn't a religion all of a sudden. How pathetic. Hurting people and robbing the Christian faith of its core teachings and its dignity, simultaneously. This version of Christianity with none of the teachings of Jesus in it is disgusting.

Do you think that people who do these things carry out the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth? Ever check out frankie graham? Jeffress? Hagee? Bill Gothard and the "Institute in Basic Life Principles"? Family Research Council? How does this stuff fit into these teachings?

Hagee is crazy. I have no idea who Jeffrees is. Bill Gothard is that guy who does the Quiverfull/Duggar thing right? Also a little nuts.

So that leaves Franklin Graham and the FRC, who are both pretty solid. Please prove where EITHER of these said or endorsed these:

Starving their kids. Forcing "conversion therapy." Giving out "purity rings" and keeping girls ignorant and grooming them from childhood so that they can be sold to the highest bidder to be brood mares. Running around telling people that LGBTs are horrible people who deserve to be kicked out of society.

These thing are going on in "religious right" society, pushed by scum who call themselves "pastors."

Jeffress is one of those Southern Baptist nutcases who run around saying that Islam is not a religion and who knows what else. He's a phony twit. Frankie graham and the FRC are the same trashy little nutjobs. And "focus on the family" was allowed to run around campus at the Air Force Academy bothering the cadets.

Hahahahahaha

I notice you don't link any of that stuff...not that it has anything at all to do with this family who denied their child medical treatment..and are being criminalized by the same system that repeatedly kidnaps and withholds medical treatment from children whose parents want to continue treatment....

Hahahahahaha

I notice you don't link any of that stuff...not that it has anything at all to do with this family who denied their child medical treatment..and are being criminalized by the same system that repeatedly kidnaps and withholds medical treatment from children whose parents want to continue treatment....

Yeah, they are being "criminalized" for being criminals. What system "repeatedly kidnaps and withholds medical treatment from children whose parents want to continue treatment...."?

No but you have.
well aware of the question - i just avoid religious beatings when it comes to people telling me how i should feel or why. i'm fully aware of how you can interpret the scriptures as you grow and things change around you. but that applies to everything i can read - shakespeare doesn't mean today what it meant in high school.

not much does.

but as my good friend jon butcher once said, "you must be confused if you're preaching to me". :)

at this point i politely bow out.

Hahahahahaha

Yeah, they are being "criminalized" for being criminals. What system "repeatedly kidnaps and withholds medical treatment from children whose parents want to continue treatment...."?
The UK medical system.

Pay attention.

No but you have.
well aware of the question - i just avoid religious beatings when it comes to people telling me how i should feel or why. i'm fully aware of how you can interpret the scriptures as you grow and things change around you. but that applies to everything i can read - shakespeare doesn't mean today what it meant in high school.

not much does.

but as my good friend jon butcher once said, "you must be confused if you're preaching to me". :)

Nobody is preaching to you, you pretentious fool. You are misquoting the bible. I think you brought it up. If you're going to misquote the bible, people are going to set you straight, get the fuck over it.

And if you're going to misquote the bible, people are going to ask you how familiar with it you are. And obviously, you aren't familiar with it at all.

No but you have.

not much does.

Nobody is preaching to you, you pretentious fool. You are misquoting the bible. I think you brought it up. If you're going to misquote the bible, people are going to set you straight, get the fuck over it.

And if you're going to misquote the bible, people are going to ask you how familiar with it you are. And obviously, you aren't familiar with it at all.
and maybe shit like this is why i don't talk religion with some people. talk about dropping judgements. :)

again - when i find people who can talk about this openly, i'll be glad to join in. when i see the devote religious correct me, i leave. as far as i know all of religion is personal and subject to our own interpretation in relation as to how it fits our own lives. since you're the one who had to be captain obvious and tell me i've changed, then that would mean how we interpret the bible changes in accordance again with our own experiences. to say one is right and one is wrong is to pretend you've had my experiences.

pretty sure you have not.

have a day.

No but you have.

not much does.

and maybe shit like this is why i don't talk religion with some people. talk about dropping judgements. :)

again - when i find people who can talk about this openly, i'll be glad to join in. when i see the devote religious correct me, i leave. as far as i know all of religion is personal and subject to our own interpretation in relation as to how it fits our own lives. since you're the one who had to be captain obvious and tell me i've changed, then that would mean how we interpret the bible changes in accordance again with our own experiences. to say one is right and one is wrong is to pretend you've had my experiences.

pretty sure you have not.

have a day.

She seems especially hostile towards you. I wonder if it's because you were religious before and then found your own path. Traitor!

Forum List

Back