Christian in Name Only - The New Liberal Theology

Not your holiness, Jeri, His. You've failed already, me too. So did the thief on the cross. And you're really going to be upset after all your holy behavior to find out that drunkard, womanizing, brawling Samson made it too. I hope you don't have to sit next to Him or anything up there.

Find the sculpture that says you have a part in taking away the sins of the world, or else get over your own holy importance and place your eyes squarely on Christ. And research atonement. < the reconciliation of God and humankind through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. : reparation for an offense or injury : satisfaction. <as in PAID IN FULL.
Your sterling performance was not a requirement, and didn't even make honorable mention.
You are actually hindering God from imparting Grace upon you because you insist that you can be good enough to warrant Heaven on your own.

And right you are about my Dad. He will favor me when I don't deserve it. Wash my sins away, carry me back to the barley field, shower me with love, answer me when I call, set angels in front of and behind me so I don't even stub my toe, use any excuse to bless me, forget my transgressions, crown me, build mansions for me, and seat me at His table. He's the best! Do you disagree?

As for a slot machine, he never fails. He will cause me increase, give me houses I didn't build, vineyards I didn't plant. And return with abundance any money I honor Him with. I know that because I live it. My cup runneth over, over and over and over again. It is uncanny. And It's a promise, that I have personally been blessed with because I took Him up on His offer. I love gifts and my Father loves to shower me with them.
You must be a real drag at Christmas.
Anyway you slice it, you can't earn what you need. You can however accept the Gift your Father gave you, unless your too pious and trust more in your own abilities. As for me and mine we rely on Christ for our needs.
I can trot off and enjoy the world because of what Christ did for me, not in spite of it. There is no condemnation for those in Christ. Just for those who find His work on the cross inefficient and unfinished.
What a horrible God you must serve to punish your sins not once but twice. Christ paid for every single one of mine before I was even born. I thank Him by living a life that is as close to His example as I can. And when I fall short, My Daddy is quick to shed mercy and compassion on me and forgive and even forget my unbecoming behavior for His Son Jesus' sake. And then He gives me peace and joy. I wake up happy and go to bed happy because I am loved and redeemed..

How does your God justify Christ AND you being punished for your less than holy behavior? Has he never heard of double jeopardy? Where is the justice in that? That is neither 100% just or merciful......

Last edited:
The Jews were covered for a year through sacrificing. They could sin 5 minutes later and know they were covered till same time next year. And God honored it. Jeri honey, you'd be better off putting yourself under Mosaic Law than to persecute yourself daily for sin or perceived sin.

I'm sorry, you all, but I cannot accept sin as a part of righteousness. Even if the wide road christians and wide road preachers & wide road churches have accepted it as such...

As it is written:

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered, and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. - John 15: 5,6

It is an insult to the world to tell them you can live in sin and not be judged for it while they cannot or they will be sent to hell for it. The world is not fooled. They see through this hypocrisy. Satan rocks the cradle that has lulled the wide road christian fast asleep. How did this happen? He laid his head in the lap of the world as Samson did and off he went. While he slept, the locks were cut off and with it his power.. When he finally awoke there was no oil in that lamp - just as there will be none for the foolish virgins who sleep on. Jesus has already warned his church through his parables about this and they are many... look them up.. in the meantime read this....

It is written:

And he said unto them, Strive to enter the strait gate, for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut the door, and ye begin to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us, and he shall answer and say unto you, I know ye not from whence ye are.

Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drink in thy presence, and thou has taught in our streets,. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not from whence ye are, depart from me ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. - Luke 13: 24 -28

And again it is written:

Not everyone who says unto me Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? And in thy name cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And I will profess unto them, I never knew you, depart from me ye worker of iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock.

And everyone that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man which built his house upon the sand.

And the rains descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it fell and great was the fall of it. - Matthew 7: 21 - 27

There is a storm coming. A BIG ONE. Get ready. Because it's coming whether you are ready or not!

- Jeri

Last edited:
I'm sorry, you all, but I cannot accept sin as a part of righteousness. Even if the wide road christians and wide road preachers & wide road churches have accepted it as such...

(C) 9-7-2008 Chuckt

What do you do with these men?

Adam sinned (Gen 3:6) but God clothed Adam which speaks of forgiveness.
Abraham was an idolater (Joshua 24:2) and told his wife to lie (Genesis 12:13).
Aaron built the golden calf (Exodus 32:4).
Moses killed a man (Exodus 2:14) and wasn't allowed to enter the Promised Land and the Bible says,”…ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15) yet we see Moses and Elijah talking to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration which means Moses made it into heaven (Matthew 17:3, Mark 9:4).
Noah got drunk. (Genesis 9:24)
Jonah ran away (Jonah 1:3).
Job was vile (Job 40:4).
David committed fornication, murder (2 Samuel 12:9) and adultery and was still called a man after God's own heart (1 Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22) and David's throne will be given to Messiah (Luke 1:32).
The disciples all went back to their business of fishing after Jesus died (John 21:3).
Peter started heresy (Gal 2:11)
Paul killed Christians (1 Cor. 15:9, Gal 1:13) and was called the chief of all sinners (1 Timothy 1:15) so if the chief could get in, why can’t the Indians?

Please explain to me: Why didn't these men lose their salvation?

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Is Jesus able to save to the uttermost?

And the only sin that can't be forgiven is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or forever rejecting Jesus.

You are mistaken, Chuck. To him who OVERCOMES Jesus said ....not him who said the sinners prayer accepts Christs pardon and then trots back off into the world to do his own thing -repenting once a year if that.....

Read Michael Boldea Jr.'s new message today. Part 4 of The Call to Arms....

Hand of Help Ministries

read an excerpt of it here:

Revelation 3:21, &#8220;To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.&#8221;

Not only does inheriting eternal life require we fight the good fight, it stipulates we must win the battle, we must overcome, for to him who overcomes will Christ grant to sit with Him on His throne.

Men can twist it however they want, they can give their spin, and put their personal interpretation on it insisting that Jesus didn&#8217;t really say what He in fact said, but the verse is there, plainly written so even the plainest of men can understand it. The honor to sit with Christ on His throne is reserved for those who overcome.

It is not our duty to get along with the devil, It is not our duty to make peace with the enemy, it is not our duty to try and explain away God&#8217;s righteousness and holiness, it is our duty to defend the Gospel, if need be with our lives, and stand for truth even if we happen to be the only one standing before a sea of men.

Last edited:
We Don’t Maintain Our Residency or Salvation With Works

By Chuckt

(1) We don't maintain our residency with works.

"But to him that WORKETH NOT, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."-Romans 4:5

You don't maintain your residency with works:

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt."-Romans 4:4 Working is not for grace (salvation) but work is an obligation (debt) that can never be repaid because if you could then Jesus wouldn't have had to die for you and then Jesus died for nothing if you could work for your residency. Jesus might as well say to you,"..Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God." (Luke 16:15) Working that replaces what Jesus has done means that you are replacing Jesus' atonement with your works and that is the definition of 'anti' or in place of Christ.

The third thing everyone is ignoring is that scripture is clear on the fact that you can have your works burned up (not satisfying a reward of any kind) yet the sinner will be saved (I Corinthians. 3:15) because it is not based on works. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast."-Ephesians 2:8-9

"..have we not....and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."-Matthew 7:22b-23 Your works won't make you righteous because it says,"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." (Romans 3:10) The righteousness you seek is not of yourselves but it has to be transferred from the account of Jesus unto your account only through the sacrifice that Jesus paid on the cross for your sins.

You have to understand that the sacrifice (Jesus) saves as the payment for our sins. No where in the old testament was the sinner examined before he could offer an atonement for sacrifice because then every sinner couldn't come to get their sins atoned for and it would defeat the purpose and no one would get their sins atoned for because sinners wouldn't be accepted in the first place...

(2) Revelation 22:19 does not say that we can lose our salvation in my mind because people who subtract from the Word of God were never saved. The kind of subtracting or addition going on are those who bring another gospel (Galatians 1:8) or bring something alongside of the gospel because they were never saved. I am confident that the sheep hear the correct verses because Jesus says,"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" (John 10:27). You can't be plucked out of the Father's hand and lose your salvation (John 10:29) because true believers are sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13) Those that the sheep don't hear are thieves and robbers (John 10:8) because the sheep don't recognize the false shepherds because they aren't of the same fold.

Dear Father, Please save the sinner nearest hell and we will give you the glory in Jesus' name. Amen.

You are mistaken, Chuck. To him who OVERCOMES Jesus said ....not him who said the sinners prayer accepts Christs pardon and then trots back off into the world to do his own thing -repenting once a year if that.....

The context is:

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

They overcame based on Jesus (His blood and righteousness) and not of themselves (yourselves):

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Chuck, tell me do you think it is fair to tell people in the world that they are going to hell for their sins while you can sin to no end and by merit of your having said the sinners prayer once upon a time not end up in the same place? Do you not think the world will wonder if you are not insane to think you can live like the devil and get heaven in the end?

No way. I believe the world sees through this hypocrisy and knows full well that they should not be coming to Christ for a Bentley, a helicopter or the lifestyles of the rich and famous but rather for the salvation of their eternal souls. To live holy and set apart from the world and not indulging in such things. If the world knows the difference, how much more so should the church who claims to be His?

You see?

Jude 1:3, &#8220;Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.&#8221;

When we are told to contend, we are in fact told to struggle, and by doing so surmount any difficulty or danger. When we are told to contend earnestly, we are in fact told to contend with zeal, steadfastness, and unwavering commitment.

Speak of these things to some in the church and they&#8217;ll start screaming &#8216;works&#8217; as though their hair was on fire, but it&#8217;s not me they must contend with, it is the Word of God.

It is our duty to fight, to contend, to do battle, every time a heresy arises, every time apostasy arises, every time false teachers emerge, and the truth of God is attacked.

Jude 1:4, &#8220;For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny the only Lord God and Lord Jesus Christ.

- Michael Boldea Jr.

http://www.handofhelp.com/blogview.php?id=10+November+2013,+1:00+pm

For those reading what Jude was saying was false teachers in the end days would preach a wide is the road gospel, a false gospel which gave a license to sin. These are ones which are mentioned in the church of Thyatyra and the Laodicean church.

Jesus said, I know thy works that thou art lukewarm, I would that thou wert cold or hot. ( I would rather you would be cold or hot )
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. - Revelation 3: 15, 16

In other words, the lukewarm will not enter into the kingdom of heaven. It is written.

Matt 22 speaks of a time when those who are invited will lose their chance to come to the table of the LORD. Then the King shall send his servants out to the highways and byways to invite both the bad people and the good people to come in and they shall come in and the Kings Wedding Banquet hall shall be filled. How long must the church be bidden to come to the wedding banquet and refuse? How long? Soon it will be too late for many.

Good night.

Last edited:
Chuck, tell me do you think it is fair to tell people in the world that they are going to hell for their sins while you can sin to no end and by merit of your having said the sinners prayer once upon a time not end up in the same place? Do you not think the world will wonder if you are not insane to think you can live like the devil and get heaven in the end?

No way. I believe the world sees through this hypocrisy and knows full well that they should not be coming to Christ for a Bentley, a helicopter or the lifestyles of the rich and famous but rather for the salvation of their eternal souls. To live holy and set apart from the world and not indulging in such things. If the world knows the difference, how much more so should the church who claims to be His?

You see?

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Jesus didn't come to call the righteous.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We are sealed with the spirit until the day of redemption (Eph. 4:30) and we were given “earnest” money (2 Cor. 1:22) or a down payment. The word “sealed” comes from signet ring (Strong's #4973) which means to stamp for security or preservation. We're stamped making us God's property. Sealed comes the word comes from the word signet which means that we're sealed from "Misappropriation" because signet means 'fenced in' just like God put a mark on Cain lest anyone should kill him (Genesis 4:15).

Another reason is that we aren’t our own and we were bought with a price making us God’s property:

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."-I Cor. 6:20

There are 144,000 that go into the tribulation “sealed”.

Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

What is the process for UN adoption in the Bible? Based on what sins are we UN adopted?

John 5:24 ¶ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation (judgment) ; but is passed from death unto life.

If it says we shall not come into judgment then where is the judgment to remove us as adopted sons and daughters?

“He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”-Ephesians. 1:5

Why would God choose (Ephesians 1:4) us before the foundation of the world “that we should be holy and without blame before him in love” if His will was to unadopt us because of sin?

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We are sealed with the spirit until the day of redemption (Eph. 4:30) and we were given “earnest” money (2 Cor. 1:22) or a down payment. The word “sealed” comes from signet ring (Strong's #4973) which means to stamp for security or preservation. We're stamped making us God's property. Sealed comes the word comes from the word signet which means that we're sealed from "Misappropriation" because signet means 'fenced in' just like God put a mark on Cain lest anyone should kill him (Genesis 4:15).

Another reason is that we aren’t our own and we were bought with a price making us God’s property:

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."-I Cor. 6:20

There are 144,000 that go into the tribulation “sealed”.

Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

They come out of the tribulation because they are sealed by God:

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

God’s seal is a pledge of His promise that if we believe in Him, we shall not come into judgment (John 5:24) because “He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”-Ephesians. 1:5

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, (NASB)
2 Corinthians 1:22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a [fn] pledge. (NASB)

So if God planned a good work in us with a pledge, will He be faithful to complete it?

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

If we can't get in then how would Paul get in because he murdered Christians and the law said that murderers should be put to death (Numbers 35) and that 1 John 3:15 says that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him and Moses who killed an Egyptian (Exodus 2:4) was at the mount of transfiguration (Mark 9:4)? The only way for Moses to be there is for someone to pay our ransom and take our place.

You see?

But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness. (Rom. 4:5)

Wrong, Irish Ram. Jesus does expect for me to live holy, to be holy and through abiding in Him I can do this. Otherwise he lied to me when he said his yoke was light! It is light! Abide in him and you can do it!

It is written:

Because it is written, Be ye holy, for I am holy. - 1 Peter 1: 16

He didn't say, I'll be holy for you and you go on to that R rated movie with your live in boyfriend. No. He said YOU be holy. He already is!

Jesus said, If you love me, you'll keep my commandments.

He didn't say He would keep them for you. He said YOU KEEP THEM. Get it? I hope so because ya'll are wearing me out here with your nonsense about a works based salvation. I never said any such thing. I am merely telling you that if you do not overcome? You will not enter in.

.........without holiness no one will see the Lord. Hebrews 12: 14

- Jeri

Last edited:
"New Christianity" is what Republicans "practice" at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard. "Let him die". "Feed the poor and they will breed".

Wrong, Irish Ram. Jesus does expect for me to live holy, to be holy and through abiding in Him I can do this. Otherwise he lied to me when he said his yoke was light! It is light! Abide in him and you can do it!

It is written:

He didn't say, I'll be holy for you and you go on to that R rated movie with your live in boyfriend. No. He said YOU be holy. He already is!

He didn't say He would keep them for you. He said YOU KEEP THEM. Get it? I hope so because ya'll are wearing me out here with your nonsense about a works based salvation. I never said any such thing. I am merely telling you that if you do not overcome? You will not enter in.

- Jeri

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
Because it is written,.... In Leviticus 11:44.
be ye holy, for I am holy: an argument the apostle knew must have weight with these persons, who were chiefly Jews, scattered abroad among the Gentiles, and had a value for the Scriptures of truth; and therefore, as the argument for holiness of life, from the nature and perfections of God, is strong, it must receive additional strength from this being the declared will of God, even their sanctification on this account; and though holiness, equal to God, is never to be attained to by a creature, yet so far as it is capable of it, it is desirable, because agreeable both to the nature and will of God, by all such who are truly his children, who love his name, adore his perfections, give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness, fear his goodness, and obey his will.

1 Peter 1:16 Commentaries: because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

Do you know why we aren't capable of being as holy as God?

English Standard Version
I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Inherited sin is in the blood and you can't get rid of it.

My question for you is, if God didn't want for you to be exposed to evil then why didn't God remove the tree of good and evil from the garden?

You want to be like Him but yet God didn't remove the tree of good and evil.

Genesis 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Then the question comes up. Should I send my kid to Christian or public school? If you want them to be able to defend themselves in this world, you sometimes need to think about public school.

Nominal Christianity is now the new Liberal theology. Never before have I seen so much re-interpreting ( misinterpreting) of Scripture in order to accomodate the disobedience of the body of Christ. I pray that this changes soon because truly it is becoming nearly impossible to find a church preaching the Gospel as the early church preached it. Due to there not being a single church in my own city preaching the pure Gospel - one Pastor in another city opted to open a branch of his church in my city so that Christians here could have a place to go! If you are attending a bible believing church that preaches holiness, obedience & flows in the gifts of the Holy Spirit you are a blessed Christian! Stay there!

Christianity's, that is Paulism's, chickens coming home to roost. It is, after all, the same thing that Paul did to the Jewish followers of Jesus.

The Gospel, "pure" or otherwise, doesn't exist, or at least hasn't survived. It's the fig tree that bore no fruit.

It is written:

- Jeri

But I have already pointed out your unholiness 3 times in one thread. You're doomed.

On the other hand, Samson made it! Way to go big guy! :eusa_angel:
Critique his life, so we can see if he was holy, or just forgiven, and if he is holier or less holy than you.
Will you put Samson on ignore when you get there? King David the murderer/ adulterer, his son the adulterer, Abraham the adulterer, Jesus' grammy Rahab the whore....
Being the only holy one there, you are going to be so lonely. :(

And if our being holy is the criteria to getting there, what the heck are the others even doing there in your holy place? How dare they accept God as their refuge after they "watched R rated movies" and stuff!
All those bad unholy people in Heaven with Jesus. What a rip off. It's like Christ is slapping your holiness in the face by paying for their sins when you have worked so hard on your own righteousness.

The Pharisees could quote scripture till the cows came home. And boy were they holy and obedient to the Law, just like you are. Christ should have really loved them. And yet obeying the rules didn't seem as important to Him as love.

And no I am not wrong. You sin every time you look to yourself for holiness instead of relying on faith in Christ's work. Chuck finished the verse you used, (and left the blood of Christ out of) and I already quoted the scripture that proves it. And because you have become so stiff necked, you don't even know your sinning. You have doomed yourself again.

I don't know what you think I do in my off time, but I know of no one who believes they can pray the sinners prayer and then continue to serve Satan and be redeemed. I don't put on fishnet stockings and go stand on a corner and turn tricks because I know I am forgiven. A new creature in Christ wants to please Him, not take advantage of His offer.

Have you forgotten that God sees a man's heart? You judge people by their actions and or beliefs. God tells you not to do that and why:

1 Samuel 2:3
"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by Him deeds are weighed.

John 8:15
You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one.

Just the fact that you judge, and He does not, should tell you something.

1 Samuel 16: 6-8 When they entered, he looked at Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD'S anointed is before Him." But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." Then Jesse called Abinadab and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, "The LORD has not chosen this one either."&#8230;

And if you are responsible for your own salvation, why did God allow Christ to be punished for your sins? What's up with that??? Could your God be more unjust?
1 sin 2 punishments? And why punish one that really was holy for your creepy sins if the onus is squarely on you? Is He going to punish me for your shortcomings too? Christ was at least as holy as you are and he ended up on a tree somehow paying the price for the unholy. What fate awaits you then, the other holy one?

You are like a lot of churches in this time. When Christ was questioned about what to do with the adulteress, the first thing he said to her was, "I do not condemn you". THEN He told her to go and sin no more. You tell her go and sin no more and then you'll consider un-ignoring her when she meets your standards. You are the opposite of Christ. Christ surrounded himself with people you would place on ignore.

Look at how many people you have condemned and shunned on this board for not living up to your perception of what God wants. The Pharisees turned people away from the temple for not being up to their standard too. Christ put no one on ignore except the holier than thou.

You are turning your back on the cross, not preaching it. You are going to work your way to heaven by being holy. When will you start? And what do we do with your unholy yesterday?

Last edited:
Nominal Christianity is now the new Liberal theology. Never before have I seen so much re-interpreting ( misinterpreting) of Scripture in order to accomodate the disobedience of the body of Christ. I pray that this changes soon because truly it is becoming nearly impossible to find a church preaching the Gospel as the early church preached it. Due to there not being a single church in my own city preaching the pure Gospel - one Pastor in another city opted to open a branch of his church in my city so that Christians here could have a place to go! If you are attending a bible believing church that preaches holiness, obedience & flows in the gifts of the Holy Spirit you are a blessed Christian! Stay there!

Christianity's, that is Paulism's, chickens coming home to roost. It is, after all, the same thing that Paul did to the Jewish followers of Jesus.

The Gospel, "pure" or otherwise, doesn't exist, or at least hasn't survived. It's the fig tree that bore no fruit.

Heaven and earth can pass away and the Word will still exist. Fruit? He bore the sins of the world that we may go boldly to the alter of God. Had he done nothing else, that act is all the fruit we need.
Paul taught Gentiles. Hebrew Law was left to the Hebrews if they chose. Any fruit I produce is because Christ produced it first, and then left me a Helper when He ascended. Without Him, I am nothing.

If I believe that pizza grieves our Lord, and I never eat pizza again, is not eating pizza considered righteous by God?
If you believe pizza honors our Lord, therefore you eat it every day is eating pizza considered righteous by God?
Which of the two is holier than the other?

Forum List

Back