🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christie’s chief economist resigns after years of flawed forecasts, credit downgrade

R

rdean

Christie's chief economist to resign

The state’s credit rating has been downgraded six times over the last three years, partly because Steindel's revenue projections for the state repeatedly fell short by a total of $3.5 billion.

New Jersey’s credit rating remains one of the worst in the nation, its unemployment rate is higher than the national average, and the state’s pension system is deeply in debt.

-------------------------------------------

We see it again and again with Republican governors. The only GOP states that seem to do well are states like Texas with lot's of minimum wage jobs and uninsured children with no environmental laws to speak of. Education so bad, they try to lure educated workers from California and Texas.

Trickle down, slashing education, a redistribution of wealth to the top 1%, no investment in infrastructure. These things don't work. They have never worked. Why do Americans keep voting for failure?

We see it again and again with Republican governors. The only GOP states that seem to do well are states like Texas with lot's of minimum wage jobs and uninsured children with no environmental laws to speak of. Education so bad, they try to lure educated workers from California and Texas(?).
I won't defend Christie Creme and his corrupt organization. Anyone who blocks traffic lanes to see what the effects would be is certifiable. And if you believe he didn't know about it you're just living in denial. Crispy probably knew the assessments were bullshit but he knew he they'd make him look good but they didn't so what does he do? Asks for a resignation. That solves nothing.

By the way, Texas doesn't have to "lure" anyone from California, they leave willingly. Ask me how I know.

We see it again and again with Republican governors. The only GOP states that seem to do well are states like Texas with lot's of minimum wage jobs and uninsured children with no environmental laws to speak of. Education so bad, they try to lure educated workers from California and Texas(?).
I won't defend Christie Creme and his corrupt organization. Anyone who blocks traffic lanes to see what the effects would be is certifiable. And if you believe he didn't know about it you're just living in denial. Crispy probably knew the assessments were bullshit but he knew he they'd make him look good but they didn't so what does he do? Asks for a resignation. That solves nothing.

By the way, Texas doesn't have to "lure" anyone from California, they leave willingly. Ask me how I know.

They shouldn't have to "lure" anyone. Apparently, those in Texas don't have the ability to learn. Is is the dirty water? The lack of health care? The indoctrination?

You don't see California and New York going to Texas to "lure" workers.

Of course not because who would go?

I was raised in Southern California and my wife and I own a home there but you know what? California has beautiful weather and nothing else.

deanie, I pay an "Out of State Homeowners Tax" in addition to all the other taxes I pay related to my home.

California: "Oh, you own a home AND you live out of State? We got a Tax for that!"

It's about $65 a month and if you think that's no big deal then send me $65 dollars a month and I'll shut up about it.

deanie, I pay an "Out of State Homeowners Tax" in addition to all the other taxes I pay related to my home.

California: "Oh, you own a home AND you live out of State? We got a Tax for that!"

It's about $65 a month and if you think that's no big deal then send me $65 dollars a month and I'll shut up about it.

If you live in Texas, since Texas gets back MORE from the federal government than what it pays in taxes, I suspect I already am sending you money. Maybe not $65 a month, but money never the less.

Of course not because who would go?

I was raised in Southern California and my wife and I own a home there but you know what? California has beautiful weather and nothing else.

It also produces smart and skilled workers. Or Texas wouldn't be trying to lure them away.

Too bad you don't care as much about this administrations and his party of comrade Democrats frauds, lies and just plain ole psychobabble as you do christie's

United states credit rating went down under Obama.

So it must be his fault.

Or was it?

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

It was that darned 2% that caused the downgrade?????

Really?????

2%?????

8 years of disaster under Bush and it was Obama's fault.

5 years of Republicans blocking everything and it's still Obama's fault.

The only thing Republicans take credit for is taking out Bin Laden, and him they let go and stopped looking for.

They shouldn't have to "lure" anyone. Apparently, those in Texas don't have the ability to learn. Is is the dirty water? The lack of health care? The indoctrination?

Who wants to move the these taxfest states in which more money is extracted from the consumer with nothing in return.

Too bad you don't care as much about this administrations and his party of comrade Democrats frauds, lies and just plain ole psychobabble as you do christie's

Don't worry DB. When smart and skilled were mentioned, it wasn't about you.

Who wants to move the these taxfest states in which more money is extracted from the consumer with nothing in return.

The federal government has to fund Red States. Without money pouring in from Blue States, they would be a disaster for the entire country.

Talk about "flawed forecasts" why wasn't former N.J. governor Jon Corzine ever prosecuted for losing about a billion dollars of private investors money? Because he was a prominent democrat?

Talk about "flawed forecasts" why wasn't former N.J. governor Jon Corzine ever prosecuted for losing about a billion dollars of private investors money? Because he was a prominent democrat?

He was fired.

I would rather live in California than in Texas. The reasons are endless.

An economist was wrong?

Wow.

Who would have ever thought?

An economist was wrong?

Wow.

Who would have ever thought?

A Republican economist.

Never had much stock in:

Trickle down.

Tax cuts for the job CREATORS.

The idea that "supply and demand" were wild liberal theories.

That deregulation leads to job growth.

That sending jobs to China is good capitalism.

Forum List

Back