Christmas Is Over.Are We All Relieved?,No More Constant Xmas Ads On TV&Radio?

LeeOnLido

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2018
:happy-1: :hyper: :iagree: Two months of never ending Christmas Commercials, to some extent is like a form of cruel and unusual punishment that us innocent Americans have to deal with every November and December.
:eek-52:
Do we all feel the same way?, From around the end of October/Early November, pretty much all we see on TV are Christmas commercials, often one after another, and the same ones repeating week after week.
Have any of us ever got to that point where we were saying to ourselves/screaming back to our Flat-Screens,,,"Oh God, STOP !!, Enough Already !!, God, Make It Stop !! Make It Stop !!!
:CryingCow:

I don't watch much TV, so not much of a problem.

But yeah, it all starts in mid-October now. They used to wait until after Thanksgiving.

But yeah, it all starts in mid-October now. They used to wait until after Thanksgiving.
its bad enough we are all being mentally tortured watching those gawd awful insurance commercials from the three/four usual suspects. will Stephanie Courtney ever call it quits? we have all hated those chitty progressive commercials from the start!

The nice thing about the Christmas season is everything slows down in mid-December. Though the season becomes bittersweet as loved ones pass on.

its bad enough we are all being mentally tortured watching those gawd awful insurance commercials from the three/four usual suspects. will Stephanie Courtney ever call it quits? we have all hated those chitty progressive commercials from the start!
I understand your frustration with all that USA commercial marketing at the end (2 months!) of the year, in the name of Christ. Is it not hypocritical in a materialistic way?

This is what Google defines for “Christmas”:
(did it always last 2 months?)

“the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church”

This is one of the reasons I switched to Kwanzaa. Heri za Kwanzaa. Todays word is Kujichagulia. It means self determination.

The nice thing about the Christmas season is everything slows down in mid-December. Though the season becomes bittersweet as loved ones pass on.
well now we have 6/7 weeks of those sexy white models having some kind of sex with teddy bears dressed in those silky/fleece pajamas

I understand your frustration with all that USA commercial marketing at the end (2 months!) of the year, in the name of Christ. Is it not hypocritical in a materialistic way?

This is what Google defines for “Christmas”:
(did it always last 2 months?)

“the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church”
Jesus wasnt born on 25Dec. So what is the real reason for this particular date?

By my barometer it was a great Christmas season and I can’t say that often, just one other time in the past 5-6 years or so have I made it through without hearing the worst Christmas song ever, Jose Fellatio’s Feliz Navidad, a single time this year. Thank God!

I second this. A lot of family members that I used to spend Christmas with are no longer here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back