Church of England angers evangelicals by ‘welcoming’ transgender people

The state is now intruding into religion.
The state is not intruding into religion, except to reign it the zealots who think that religion should trump law and the constitution. Religion has been intruding on the state for a long time with their bastardized interpretation of religious freedom. An interpretation that says that religious freedom goes beyond that ability to freely practice your religion and live according to your faith. Now it becomes using religion as a weapon to tell others how they should live and to justify discrimination.

You probably don't know this, but Christianity as well as all other religions condemn homosexuality. It's mentioned in the Bible more than several times, so this is not something new.

Oh I am sure the Evangelicals churches are full of gays and transsexuals. What do they have a questionnaire at the door and a test??
Everyone can come to my church and hear the message. All are welcome. However, you're not allowed to get offended and tell the preacher to shut up or out you go.

The state is not intruding into religion, except to reign it the zealots who think that religion should trump law and the constitution. Religion has been intruding on the state for a long time with their bastardized interpretation of religious freedom. An interpretation that says that religious freedom goes beyond that ability to freely practice your religion and live according to your faith. Now it becomes using religion as a weapon to tell others how they should live and to justify discrimination.

You probably don't know this, but Christianity as well as all other religions condemn homosexuality. It's mentioned in the Bible more than several times, so this is not something new.

Evangelicals are infamous for their ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate.
Yeah, Jesus was a hateful homophobic bigot because he believed marriage is a male and female, huh.
This is the seventh Church of Revelation. The great falling away. You see it everywhere. It's getting really hard to find a Church that actually preaches God's word.

Yeah, Jesus was a hateful homophobic bigot because he believed marriage is a male and female, huh.
This is the seventh Church of Revelation. The great falling away. You see it everywhere. It's getting really hard to find a Church that actually preaches God's word.
Mine does. We are nondenominational. Many of us are ex Assembly of God.

You probably don't know this ,but that is complete and utter bullshit. Many religions, including Christian denominations, support gay rights. And even if that were not so, the religious and the religions have no business medaling in civil rights issues and civil law. Religion does not trump secular society. Read the Constitution.

Last edited:

I've found that non denominational Churches are usually better. But even some of them are a bit weird. Guess it all boils down to who the Pastor is.

You probably don't know this ,but that is complete and utter bullshit. Many religions, including Christian denominations, support gay rights. And even if that were not so, the religious and the religions have no business medaling in civil rights issues and civil law.
Yes, many "Christian" denominations no longer follow the Word of God. That was predicted in the NT. Nondenominational churches are springing up all over the planet that still adhere to the Word.

I've found that non denominational Churches are usually better. But even some of them are a bit weird. Guess it all boils down to who the Pastor is.
Agree. I have left a few churches and we're in a good one now. If there is no love for the Word of God as written in the Bible and love for the lost, then get out. Our pastor makes sure everything we do is directed to reach the lost and get them saved and discipled.

Really, Like a Universalist, Unitarian Church/Fellowship? I doubt that you would find that better. I don't think that you could handle the diversity and acceptance of the different kinds of people that they embrace.

Really, Like a Universalist, Unitarian Church/Fellowship? I doubt that you would find that better. I don't think that you could handle the diversity and acceptance of the different kinds of people that they embrace.
Unitarian church accepts all beliefs. The Christian Church preaches Jesus, period. The Bible is the only Word of God, according to the Christian Church. Unitarian and universalist churches aren't Christian Churches.

Unitarian church accepts all beliefs. The Christian Church preaches Jesus, period. The Bible is the only Word of God, according to the Christian Church. Unitarian and universalist churches aren't Christian Churches.
I did not say that they were Christian Churches. They are all inclusive which is something that your bigoted, ignorant ass cant stomach. You believe that Christianity is the only valid belief system- and only the right brand of Christianity at that-and that is really fucked up, self righteous, moronic bull shit

I did not say that they were Christian Churches. They are all inclusive which is something that your bigoted, ignorant ass cant stomach. You believe that Christianity is the only valid belief system- and only the right brand of Christianity at that-and that is really fucked up, self righteous, moronic bull shit
Now, now, calm down. Hell is also "all inclusive". Didn't Jesus Himself say that the path was narrow. There is only one way to God according to my Bible and that's through Jesus. That also used to offend me. I've been where you are. I used to toss Bibles out of windows. I hated God until I surrendered, and then He revealed Himself to me. The Apostle Paul used to round up Christians for punishment and even death until God revealed Himself to Paul. The world hates the truth, always has.

Now, now, calm down. Hell is also "all inclusive". Didn't Jesus Himself say that the path was narrow. There is only one way to God according to my Bible and that's through Jesus. That also used to offend me. I've been where you are. I used to toss Bibles out of windows. I hated God until I surrendered, and then He revealed Himself to me. The Apostle Paul used to round up Christians for punishment and even death until God revealed Himself to Paul. The world hates the truth, always has.
I am quite calm, serene actually in my beliefs . You are the one who appears to be agitated. Hell is not real. I don't believe in it and therefore cant go there . You, in all of your ignorance and intolerance believe that Jesus and God are one in the same and that all other concepts of God are invalid. There are of course people of other faiths who are just as narrow minded ad ridged as you, so-if you believe all of this crap- somebody has to be wrong. What if it's you? Those who believe in Allah will be laughing in paradise wo their 20 virgins while you burn in hell for believing in the wrong god. Think about it

I am quite calm, serene actually in my beliefs . You are the one who appears to be agitated. Hell is not real. I don't believe in it and therefore cant go there . You, in all of your ignorance and intolerance believe that Jesus and God are one in the same and that all other concepts of God are invalid. There are of course people of other faiths who are just as narrow minded ad ridged as you, so-if you believe all of this crap- somebody has to be wrong. What if it's you? Those who believe in Allah will be laughing in paradise wo their 20 virgins while you burn in hell for believing in the wrong god. Think about it
I have thought about it and a lot more. Jesus is the way, the life, and the truth. You might as well move on and discuss things with someone else because you're wasting your time on me.

‘Anti-LGBT campaign group Christian Concern said the Church was “perpetuating fundamental theological errors such as blasphemy, rebellion against God as Creator, dishonouring parents, and renaming God”.

It said: “he transgender pathway is shown to be a counterfeit of the Christian gospel. This will affect people’s trust in the clergy as well as the integrity of theological training. Repentance for colluding with transgender ideology is the Church of England’s only hope before God.”’ ibid

Ignorant, bigoted nonsense.

There is no transgender ‘ideology,’ the notion is a ridiculous lie.

‘Anti-LGBT campaign group Christian Concern said the Church was “perpetuating fundamental theological errors such as blasphemy, rebellion against God as Creator, dishonouring parents, and renaming God”.

It said: “he transgender pathway is shown to be a counterfeit of the Christian gospel. This will affect people’s trust in the clergy as well as the integrity of theological training. Repentance for colluding with transgender ideology is the Church of England’s only hope before God.”’ ibid

Ignorant, bigoted nonsense.

There is no transgender ‘ideology,’ the notion is a ridiculous lie.
  • Yes, what did Jesus say about trannies ?

Forum List

Back