🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Church of England Has Now Approved of Women Bishops!

Well, that never happened. But tell me, when do you think it did? Please give me an exact date and place, and the people involved.

There are no apostles in either church. That alone tells you there has been no apostolic succession

Yes, there were 12 Apostles, but they ordained bishops, and those bishops ordained more bishops.

Apostolic Succession means that every bishop of the Roman Catholic Church can trace his ordination back to an Apostle in an unbroken chain.

Apostolic Succession | Catholic Answers

Any way, I've asked you several times for proof that Apostolic Succession was broken, and several times you have refused to come up with any.

I understand that this is a foundational belief for the Mormons, but I ask you to tell me, a non-Mormon, why I should believe that God would allow his Church to be broken, and then rebuilt hundreds of years later? It doesn't seem that God is all that powerful if his church can be broken for such a long period of time.

That's a false claim. The very first church was at Antioch ... not Rome. In fact, there were several churches founded prior to the church at Rome and when the church of Rome was founded it did not have preeminence over all the other churches. That's a lie straight from the mouths of false prophets and false teachers.

There are no apostles in either church. That alone tells you there has been no apostolic succession

Yes, there were 12 Apostles, but they ordained bishops, and those bishops ordained more bishops.

Apostolic Succession means that every bishop of the Roman Catholic Church can trace his ordination back to an Apostle in an unbroken chain.

Any way, I've asked you several times for proof that Apostolic Succession was broken, and several times you have refused to come up with any.

I understand that this is a foundational belief for the Mormons, but I ask you to tell me, a non-Mormon, why I should believe that God would allow his Church to be broken, and then rebuilt hundreds of years later? It doesn't seem that God is all that powerful if his church can be broken for such a long period of time.

That's a false claim. The very first church was at Antioch ... not Rome. In fact, there were several churches founded prior to the church at Rome and when the church of Rome was founded it did not have preeminence over all the other churches. That's a lie straight from the mouths of false prophets and false teachers.

Oh yeah there's nothing better than a 'feel good' "church" :cool:

Church of England Has Now Approved of Women Bishops!

the same for the Vatican, the Triumph of Good over Evil is all that matters.

Good for them I say. The women who follow the christian faith are always less combative and easier to engage than the irate screaming males. I think the church have missed a trick for the last 1500 years or so having used some of the "masculine" nutjobs to promote their cause.
Perhaps they are right...the present Pope is the last...the next one is a Popess.
Go ladies :)

Yeah ... Christ (the founder of the Christian Church) and His male Apostles had it wrong. How dare Jesus Christ not consult with Jake and hotpotato before embarking on such a project as the Christian church.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Except when it comes to the MAN MADE CHURCH MATTERS!!! Hypocrites???

Actually it was a misinterpretation that led to women being banned from teaching or preaching in the first place.
There was a church in Corinth whose women members were going to an oracle, or soothsayer, and receiving "prophesy" that they reiterated in church. Paul told the men of that church not to let those women speak in church because the prophesy they were
revealing did not come from God.

In no way did He extend that to all churches and all women. In fact to the women who did receive prophesy from God, Paul suggested they cover their heads, not stop prophesying. The women that followed Christ and those who were with Paul preached and taught. Phoebe and Priscilla were never told to be quiet. :eusa_angel:

Oh yeah there's nothing better than a 'feel good' "church" :cool:

It's the type of thing to start a religious war over, and kill thousands of your fellow Christians.

DS wants Jesus to do what he tells him: not very smart.

Women are every bit as qualified to be church pastors as any man in Louisiana.

The time was coming when this was destined to happen and that time has now come to fruition. Many women have been ministers for a very long time in other denominations and now all of the Anglican churches can join in the celebration and welcome these female bishops to minister to the flock.

Women Bishops Approved By Church Of England... Finally - Democratic Underground

(Shrugs indifferently)

Was never any prohibition against female clergy in the Bible. In Judaism at least 7 women have been recognized as prophets, and most would say their ability in prophesy is superior to that of males.

Judaism 101: The Role of Women

for more info.

Not qualified by the word of God.

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

A woman can't be the husband of one wife.

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

They are trying to find a way around that.

Well, that never happened. But tell me, when do you think it did? Please give me an exact date and place, and the people involved.

Bishops are not Apostles. The fact that there are no Apostles in your Church tells you that Apostolic succession was broken. It's what we call self-evident.

The Church is a type of Christ. In fact, it's also called the Body of Christ. The Body of Christ was always to be broke and killed and resurrected in glory. Otherwise, it's not really a type.

Christ prophesied that the Apostles would be persecuted and killed. Isaiah prophesied that the Ordinances would be changed and the everlasting covenant broken. Amos prophesied that there would be a famine of the Word of God in the land and the people would wander seeking it and not find it. Paul stated that the Second coming would not occur until after the people had turned away from the Truth.

John prophesied that the saints would be overcome and then that an Angel would come through the midst of heaven carrying the Everlasting Gospel to be preached to the people. That the Church would be chased into the wilderness.

Peter taught that there would come a time, the Restitution of all things. Paul called it the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times where all things would be gathered together in one. As opposed to the Dispensation of Grace when they preached.

God is all powerful. And yet the body of Christ was still broken. And it still rose from the grave. Why do you presume to tell God what He can or cannot do? He does many things at His own pleasure and for His own purposes.

Christ's Church is lead by revelation, which means the canon of scripture can never be closed. Because God can speak as He pleases. He can command as He pleases. He can revoke commands as He pleases. He has revealed more scriptures for our days. And He will continue to do so at His pleasure.

DS wants Jesus to do what he tells Him: not very smart.

Only heretics believe the Bible is literal and needs to be followed as such.

Read it in its entirety and think about its message.

Female clergy are certainly acceptable and desirable by the Lord's love for us.

They are trying to find a way around that.

LDS church took fifty years to renounce polygamy, twenty five to renounce priesthood ban against blacks, and will have female clergy by 2026 at the latest.

Your church's latest epistle on The Priesthood specifically does not exclude women from being ordained, just not now, which means sometime "then" in the future.

DS wants Jesus to do what he tells Him: not very smart.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Very good. You have demonstrated that man should not follow other men's commandments but should keep the commandments of Jesus, of which the two greatest are to love God and to love one's neighbor as oneself.

Very good. You have demonstrated that man should not follow other men's commandments but should keep the commandments of Jesus, of which the two greatest are to love God and to love one's neighbor as oneself.

Question: What does God do to those who don't obey?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Answer:

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Answer:

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

And the gospel of God is what? I believe that has been pointed out. Love your neighbor as you do yourself. Pass no judgments upon others. Return hate with love, violence with peace. Reach out to help others. This is the gospel of Jesus.

The way I see it, just about the entire Christian right is ignoring the gospel of God.

Answer:

You are quoting mortals not authorized to speak for God.

Forum List

Back