Circumcision

I have all the evidence I need right here. :p

A SINGLE ANECDOTE -----is a case report------not a study. Case reports are
IMPORTANT--------but absent an actually well done study---do not rise to
the level of changing practice

I;m certainly not expecting this discussing thread to influence the medical community.

That said, I think an honest discussion requires me to be candid about my own experiences.

excellent-------case studies ------are the backbone------then comes the controlled study. Seems to be that you are the victim of a slightly botched job (sorry) I have no idea how many jobs are BOTCHED--------I do not like that plastibell
thing-------not that I have experience-----just that the damned thing LANDS in the
hands of the inexperienced

Mine appears to be a Mogen clamp method

Mogen clamp - Wikipedia, the free encycl

I;m certainly not expecting this discussing thread to influence the medical community.

That said, I think an honest discussion requires me to be candid about my own experiences.

excellent-------case studies ------are the backbone------then comes the controlled study. Seems to be that you are the victim of a slightly botched job (sorry) I have no idea how many jobs are BOTCHED--------I do not like that plastibell
thing-------not that I have experience-----just that the damned thing LANDS in the

Mogen clamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think that merely having an open discussion of the matter may be helpful in people understanding why they are as they are. Until I read about how its done as an adult, I just assumed that I was born with said issues. After all, it was just "taking a bit of skin off the tip" right? Wrong, it's a whole reconfiguration.

MOGEN CLAMP is the best way to go---------if done by an expert------my kid was
done with a mogen clamp------by a very competent Mohel. Something went wrong --------positioning-----after care? or just bad luck. People SCAR
differently----------I barely scar------I just get discolorations-----my kid's skin is
very much like mine-----thin and very white. do you form lots of KELOID?
Don't quote me------I do not know if keloid formers have MORE PROBLEMS
opedia

I think that merely having an open discussion of the matter may be helpful in people understanding why they are as they are. Until I read about how its done as an adult, I just assumed that I was born with said issues. After all, it was just "taking a bit of skin off the tip" right? Wrong, it's a whole reconfiguration.

I don't scar much in general. There is just the telltale dark line, and an ugly little scar where the middle of the frenulum should be, and a few scattered remnants of the frenulum around there and some farther down the shaft, near the scar, where that upper portion of the inner foreskin lining ended up--turned inside out as it is by the procedure.

The veins on the outside end abruptly at the dark scar line. I suspect that that more than anything accounts for the lack of particular sensation above that point, but idk for certain.

done with a mogen clamp------by a very competent Mohel. Something went wrong --------positioning-----after care? or just bad luck. People SCAR
differently----------I barely scar------I just get discolorations-----my kid's skin is
opedia

I don't scar much in general. There is just the telltale dark line, and an ugly little scar where the middle of the frenulum should be, and a few scattered remnants of the frenulum around there and some farther down the shaft, near the scar, where that upper portion of the inner foreskin lining ended up--turned inside out as it is by the procedure.

The veins on the outside end abruptly at the dark scar line. I suspect that that more than anything accounts for the lack of particular sensation above that point, but idk for certain.

sorry------I have seen lots of-------successful jobs------I have four brothers, one son----and examined lots of guys down there--------seems to me that you got a BOTCHED
JOB --------"dark line"?? you get pigmentation at the site of INJURY------so do I---but not at the site of well done surgical procedures----"scattered remnants"-------I have seen some-----I call it "RAGGED EDGES" ------sorry----I usually associate
that problem with muslims done in muslim lands----at about age 12---ragged edges---- INSIDE OUT edge of the foreskin at the site of snip? another form of ragged
edges. --------uhm-------my relatives----brothers. hubby, kid-----all have perfectly
smooth cut lines. I think two of my brothers were done IN HOSPITAL by doctors------but the rest I mentioned are MOHEL JOBS--------even hubby----done in a really third world-----(leaning to fourth) country---------they would not have had a mogen clamp over there-----probably a -----a nice sharp knife-----I shudder to imagine what they thought was an ANTISEPTIC ------??? maybe honey ?? That's a hint-----the primitive country in question is known for honey production as well as classical
shariah shit and constant tribal strife (da jooos not so engaged-------now that you tell me your story -----I WONDER how they managed circumcisions which the babies SURVIVED!!!!)

opedia

sorry------I have seen lots of-------successful jobs------I have four brothers, one son----and examined lots of guys down there--------seems to me that you got a BOTCHED
JOB --------"dark line"?? you get pigmentation at the site of INJURY------so do I---but not at the site of well done surgical procedures----"scattered remnants"-------I have seen some-----I call it "RAGGED EDGES" ------sorry----I usually associate
that problem with muslims done in muslim lands----at about age 12---ragged edges---- INSIDE OUT edge of the foreskin at the site of snip? another form of ragged
edges. --------uhm-------my relatives----brothers. hubby, kid-----all have perfectly
smooth cut lines. I think two of my brothers were done IN HOSPITAL by doctors------but the rest I mentioned are MOHEL JOBS--------even hubby----done in a really third world-----(leaning to fourth) country---------they would not have had a mogen clamp over there-----probably a -----a nice sharp knife-----I shudder to imagine what they thought was an ANTISEPTIC ------??? maybe honey ?? That's a hint-----the primitive country in question is known for honey production as well as classical
shariah shit and constant tribal strife (da jooos not so engaged-------now that you tell me your story -----I WONDER how they managed circumcisions which the babies SURVIVED!!!!)

From what I have read, the frenulum isn't very developed in most newborns. Perhaps I was a little precocious. maybe they didn't break the adhesions very cleanly before commencing with the clamp :dunno:

The scar--a jagged-edged little divot-- under the corona seems to be a clue. Perhaps there was something unsightly left dangling there, that had to be tidied up.

opedia

From what I have read, the frenulum isn't very developed in most newborns. Perhaps I was a little precocious. maybe they didn't break the adhesions very cleanly before commencing with the clamp :dunno:

The scar--a jagged-edged little divot-- under the corona seems to be a clue. Perhaps there was something unsightly left dangling there, that had to be tidied up.

what "ADHESIONS" ??? the foreskin gets retracted using regular clamps----
the little long noses plier things sometimes called "mosquitos"------no need to
break adhesions------there are none.-----then the CLIP. The frenulum is not an issue---------as far as I recall anatomy------the frenulum is NOT attached to the foreskin which overlies the glans---------it is at the BASE of the foreskin-------the part that stays hooked up -----I do not think
that the frenulum gets cut in a circumcision--------someone went TOO HIGH UP------???? When retracting the foreskin-------the FRENULUM is that part that limits the retraction so that
only the foreskin gets lopped off----,maybe a small little part of the frenulum gets cut ?????? ---like the very distal part ??? Are you calling the frenulum an "ADHESION"?

Last edited:

opedia

break adhesions------there are none.-----then the CLIP. The frenulum is not an issue---------as far as I recall anatomy------the frenulum is NOT attached to the foreskin which overlies the glans---------it is at the BASE of the foreskin-------the part that stays hooked up -----I do not think
that the frenulum gets cut in a circumcision--------someone went TOO HIGH UP------???? When retracting the foreskin-------the FRENULUM is that part that limits the retraction so that
only the foreskin gets lopped off----,maybe a small little part of the frenulum gets cut ?????? ---like the very distal part ??? Are you calling the frenulum an "ADHESION"?

Admittedly, I've never examined an intact penis on a person. I only can go on what I've read. I only know that what is shown on wikipedia is something that I don't have one of

Frenulum of prepuce of penis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The adhesions referred to are what connects the glans to the foreskin until they naturally come loose during childhood or adolescence:

Foreskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

opedia

Thanks, you make me feel lucky that my circumcision wasn't botched.

It looks nicer when it's circumcised. :D It's cleaner too.

Also the rationale that is used by some cultures to rationalize female circumcision. :eusa_eh:

Not really, the rational is so that the female doesn't get pleasure from sex.

Lessening the enjoyability is obviously behind both procedures. Entirely about trying to get people to focus on things other than sex. It has failed in both cases.

Orgasm in ritually circumcised African women

In the American case, it has failed because men find stimulation from visual media as well. Hence why pornography is so widespread here. Cause and effect.

I don't think that's the case with guys. They don't seem to have a problem enjoying sex after having a circumcision. :dunno:

On another thread the other day, thread topic involved Female Genital Mutilation, one of the great evils, someone responded to me "what about male genital multilation?"

I said to them that there was no similarity at all between Female Genital Mutilation and male circumcision, for there to be essentially the entire penis pretty much would have to be removed.

Here is the link to the FGM thread I refer to:

Increased "risk" of female genital mutilation?

The response though has me curious, male genital "mutilation"

So for the males who've been circumcised, do you think you've been mutilated?

Would you have preferred to have been given a choice to have been circumcised, rather than your parents make that choice for you as a baby and/or child?

Or are you quite happy with the situation?

Edited to add link.

The reason why a lot of boys are circumcised is for cleanliness sake. It makes it easier for a little boy to clean. Some men who are not circumcised actually end up being circumcised as adults. I think it is much less painful and traumatizing when they are newborns and can't remember. They also heal faster. Circumcision can also help prevent the spread of STDs.
Is that because girls just don't trust men to wash their dicks? Even if men wash it?

Not at all. It just makes it easier. An uncircumcised penis is more prone to infections, as well as STDs. Those are just facts.
But what if this is propaganda? Logically, by the way, it should be easier to infect a dick without its protective skin.

That's not true, and the reason why is because an uncircumcised penis has a lot of folds in it where infections can fester.

I read almost 80% of American males are circumcised.
Is that true? and above all...why do they want to be circumcised?
Yes, 80++% of them are circumcised, hence they are gay. They want to be circumcised because they want to be gay. In America, being a queered fag poofter gay dick is the fastest way to make money. Most of my clients are gay men. They have more money than anyone else. If you are from Asia, let us know what the Asian preference is, circumcision, or keeping the dick in its original form? Which way does it look better, anyway?
I didn't know being gay was so popular in the US.... O_O
anyways I've never seen in my experience a circumcised man. All the men I've seen (not many to be honest) were "normal"
I think we Asian women don't love circumcision too much :)
Then looks like Asian women don't like if their boyfriends are gay. In the USA on the other hand, pop music sales volumes show in hard dollar figures, that the best selling artists for female buyers are the gay ones. This is a financial fact.

:cuckoo:
No, you don't get off this easy. Now confess that you picked your boyfriend because he is gay.

You need therapy.

In the American case, it has failed because men find stimulation from visual media as well. Hence why pornography is so widespread here. Cause and effect.
It causes porn?

It causes men to need more secondary arousal. Pornography is typically how that is accomplished when masturbating.

Plenty of circumcised men can masturbate without porn. :D Lol. I don't really think that normally it has any effects at all on sex or masturbation.

I read almost 80% of American males are circumcised.
Is that true? and above all...why do they want to be circumcised?
---
Yes, about 70-80% of USA (not Mexico or south America) families circumcise their infants ... for cultural reasons or financial benefit to greedy doctors, not good medical reasons.

Here is an explanation from an American group of doctors opposed to infant circumcision on medical grounds, which reflects European views:

The group Doctors Opposing Circumcision accuses the members of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) of bias verging on outright corruption. The commentary names several members of the task force and lists their potential conflicts of interest, including strong religious beliefs in favor of the procedure, economic incentive in the promoting it, and, in one case, deriving financial income from a medical practice devoted to treating boys with circumcision-related problems. Lest it go unnoticed, an additional potential source of bias is noted: “It appears that no member of the task force had a foreskin.”

These recent “favorable” reviews of circumcision by the CDC and the AAP come at a time when peer medical organizations in other Western countries are moving in the exact opposite direction. Medical organizations in England, Canada, Australia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Germany all oppose routine infant circumcision on medical grounds.

Why Is Circumcision So Popular in America?

LOL----try reading the stuff that comes out of SAUDI ARABIA -----lots of complications
The most frequent complication seems that they leave too little skin on the dick, so every erection becomes so painful, that sex becomes impossible. How do you fix that? Do you just castrate the balls off, to prevent erections?

Holy smokes. What is wrong with you?

in the US-----circumcision is a norm thruout most of the US------unrelated to the religion of the doctor--------it has been considered advisable on medical grounds for
almost the past century-------I doubt that it is a money making procedure. Anyone
know how much hospitals charge?------my kid was snipped at home by a mohel----
the doc did not complain. In some hospitals the procedure is handed to the intern-----like spinal taps. I have done 100s (if not thousands) of spinal taps------I have no idea how the procedure is billed-----I never collected a dime
I heard the doctors just work for tips.

no one tips for spinal taps------the patients seem to think that THEY did the doc
a favor as in "yeah----practice on me...." maybe babies tip for circumcision----
I don't know----not my field. I have never done one-------and CERTAINLY would not have snipped my son or LET AN INTERN DO IT.-----its those MACHINE things made for interns that sometimes put out a bad result------ALWAYS CONSULT A
COMPETENT MOHEL----practice makes perfect.
South Africa, where male circumcision has recently been reintroduced, has the highest statistics of penis amputations as a result of initial circumcisions.

shortage of mohels there-------in fact----there have been programs devoted to SENDING competent mohels over there------to TEACH the procedure. ALWAYS
consult a competent Mohel
I saw an ad about it once, and it featured nurse girls doing the actual circumcisions. So, can just regular nurses be trained to do it? I think this should be possible, because this is not a complicated operation. In fact, I think that in the USA too, nurse girls are the ones usually doing the circumcisions, at least in the adult patient category.

What are "nurse girls?" Lol. I don't really think you know anything about what you're talking about. :D

---
I wonder if Viagra/Cialis/etc have more sales among circumcised guys.

Considering that a vast majority of American men have been subjected to the procedure, they'd have to. The percentages would be interesting to know.

there are all kinds of variables that one would have to address in doing a retrospective study of CIALIS use amongst circed vs non-circed. It IS true that when Viagra was first introduced------a fast way to riches was "WRITE SCRIPTS for people shipping the stuff to the oil rich emirates". ---------do not try to theorize
CIRCUMCISION DID IT-----------it was a cultural issue
I didn't speculate that. I just said it would be interesting to see the data.
I also pointed out that of course a vast majority of older males are circumcised, so of course a vast majority of viagra users are going to be circumcised. I was being fair and balanced.

I said that it contributes to male sexual dysfunction, not erectile dysfunction. I don't have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise on the latter.

you have a link to the "contributes to sexual dysfunction" theory? I mean other than the idiot "LETS COUNT THE NERVE ENDINGS" data?

I have all the evidence I need right here. :p

Sorry to hear that, but as Rosie said, the procedure must have been botched, and that is terrible. Only experienced doctors should be performing the procedure. :(

Admittedly, I've never examined an intact penis on a person. I only can go on what I've read. I only know that what is shown on wikipedia is something that I don't have one of

Frenulum of prepuce of penis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The adhesions referred to are what connects the glans to the foreskin until they naturally come loose during childhood or adolescence:

Foreskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're not supposed to take off a lot, just a little bit of excess skin, so I don't know what went wrong here. Sounds like the doctor didn't really know what he was doing.

you have a FRENULUM-----under the shaft----it hooks you up to the top of your scrotum------I think. A midline structure----like the frenulum of your tongue----hooking your tongue to the floor of your mouth-----sorta------restricts tongue PROTRUSION----very few people can reach their nose----but some people can

you have a FRENULUM-----under the shaft----it hooks you up to the top of your scrotum------I think. A midline structure----like the frenulum of your tongue----hooking your tongue to the floor of your mouth-----sorta------restricts tongue PROTRUSION----very few people can reach their nose----but some people can

Is that something that is normally done during an infant circumcision?

what? ----touch one's nose with the tip of the tongue? ----NOPE!!! I once knew a Balkan lady who could do it----the tip of her nose kinda protruded downwards. People with short frenulums under the tongue-----have some trouble talking----especially the letter R (the common name for the condition is "tongue tie" )
Repair is simple------a SNIP

what? ----touch one's nose with the tip of the tongue? ----NOPE!!! I once knew a Balkan lady who could do it----the tip of her nose kinda protruded downwards. People with short frenulums under the tongue-----have some trouble talking----especially the letter R (the common name for the condition is "tongue tie" )

Cutting the frenulum. Lol. My auntie can touch her nose with her tongue.

Cutting the frenulum. Lol. My auntie can touch her nose with her tongue.

she is NOT tongue tied. I cannot do it but I can do the "R" sound

I don't think that's the case with guys. They don't seem to have a problem enjoying sex after having a circumcision.
---
Unless the circumcision is botched.
Most of the men in this world, who are natural, don't seem to have problems enjoying sex as demonstrated by millions of years of propagation.

I still wonder if circumcised men have a greater need for Viagra/Cialis/etc after reaching age 50 and esp 60 ...

Forum List

Back