Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

When I buy friends gifts or dinner should they be required to report it to their employers?
If your friends are government officials, yes, they must report it on their financial disclosure, by law. What part of this is failing to penetrate your pointy head?

I don't know the details but it takes more than an accusation to get the ball rolling. Like say... Hunter Bidens laptop. Anything to say on that subject?
B-b-b-b-b-b-but Hunter!

You tards are bringing a basket of red herrings to a gun fight.

The trips were not listed either as a gift or as paid for by Thomas himself. One way or another they would be on the disclosure form to avoid this very sort of thing.

But you do not care because Thomas is on of your tribe leaders so you have to defend him to your last breath.
where was he suppose to list them as "paid in full" - hahahha nowhere in the fin disclousure form is there a place where Judges, Senators etc to list the freaking things they paid for....geez

I do care, that you dembot cultist like you are so stupid to believe that, that or so blindly loyal to your cult that you'd make such a claim.

IT is not that he accepted so many trips but that he failed to report them

Why? Seriously?

Why do federal officials have to report gifts? The reason actually eludes you? Are you kidding me?
Do you have any evidence to support this was a gift? Provide it please

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.

Blow it out your ass.........the democrats gave up any claim to belief in the law, a long time ago................

what was he collecting campaign donations for? What was he running for?

It's amazing how only Dembot Underground and Soros funded Propubic are covering this ground breaking news....

do you have any evidence that Thomas didn't pay for his fare?
A single trip Thomas was given would have cost him $500,000. His salary is $285,000.

Why don't you fools read the link in the OP before you continue to make asses of yourselves?

"There are few restrictions on what gifts justices can accept."

From the article. Sounds like a problem with laws and not Justice Clarence himself. There should be laws against this sort of thing, but this has more to do with the continuing saga of Black people shall have no other thoughts than what the Democratic party demands of minorities.

Hmmmmm....funny how that wasn't anywhere in the first post......I wonder why?

A single trip Thomas was given would have cost him $500,000. His salary is $285,000.

Why don't you fools read the link in the OP before you continue to make asses of yourselves?
If you think that's where the digging stops...

I'm curious as to why you call it a "gift"

If his rich friend picked him up in a very expensive car and drove him somewhere is that a "gift" too?

If he and his wife spent a weekend at the mansion of a rich friend is that a "gift"?

I'm not saying that Thomas is perfectly upright but people are still allowed to have friends ( even rich ones) and there is really no money involved in Thomas's position and no way to really know if and when any particular case is going to be heard by SCOTUS in any given year how much can he be influenced realistically?
One trip Thomas took was alone worth $500,000. This is not a case about dinners, dipshit.

But even dinners have to be reported in financial disclosures of federal officials.

what is the evidence it would have cost $500k? Also people can save money, and spend it, or take loans etc

I read the link in the OP, it is full of accusations, but doesn't deliver any evidence that it was a gift, or any evidence of the cost....it's loaded with accusations, not evidence.

what is the evidence it would have cost $500k? Also people can save money, and spend it, or take loans etc

I read the link in the OP, it is full of accusations, but doesn't deliver any evidence that it was a gift, or any evidence of the cost....it's loaded with accusations, not evidence.
It reports on the FACTS of his activities.

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.
GASP!!! George Soros and a lib judge did what now?... Oh, wait... This is a Conservative judge and a Republican donor...? Meh.

Forum List

Back