Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

What investigation, ProPublica? Ha! New York Time? There is no official investigation. I have never read where they are anything but above the law after they are confirmed. The Thomases have it made.
Not sure they're above the law. But the whole thing sounds unlikely to me.

Jet travel, free resort stays, and superyacht trips have been revealed as a huge conflict of interest in the midst of a scandal involving Clarence Thomas. It is important for judges to be transparent about their financial dealings and failure to do so can lead to calls for impeachment.

he did it for more than 20 years!
If you read the ProPublica article you would see that they admit that there are very few laws against Justices doing this. The laws should be changed, but don't pretend that this has nothing to do with his skin color and the fact that Thomas doesn't follow Democratic party dogma as is demanded by the left. I bet money this will be forgotten when it's found out that Liberal Justices are doing the same shit.

the OP nor any of the dembots posting here will be able to show us any proof he didn't pay

I take that back, you are as fucking stupid as I thought.

How can anyone show proof of something that did not happen? Would he get a receipt for not paying?

I take that back, you are as fucking stupid as I thought.

How can anyone show proof of something that did not happen? Would he get a receipt for not paying?
You can't support your accusations? I didn't you could. I am looking for proof he didn't pay anything....you all made the accusations. Show the evidence these were "gifts"

I am looking for proof he didn't pay anything....you all made the accusations. Show the evidence these were "gifts"

One more time, how does one prove something that did not happen?

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.

At the very bottom of the article is the link provided:

"25 Part V. Gifts Report information on gifts aggregating more than $415 in value received by the filer, spouse and dependent child from any source other than a relative during the reporting period. Any gift with a fair market value of $166 or less need not be aggregated to determine if the $415 reporting threshold has been met. 5 U.S.C. § 13104(a)(2)(A)."

"A gift is a payment, advance, forbearance, rendering, or deposit of money, or anything of value, unless consideration of equal or greater value is received by the donor. 5 U.S.C. § 13101(5)."

"Food, lodging, or entertainment received as personal hospitality need not be reported. Personal hospitality means hospitality extended for a nonbusiness purpose by an individual, not a corporation or organization, at the personal residence of that individual or his or her family or on property or facilities owned by that individual or his or her family. 5 U.S.C. § 13101(14)."

"The personal hospitality gift reporting exemption applies only to food, lodging, or entertainment and is intended to cover such gifts of a personal, non-business nature. Therefore, the reporting exemption does not include:"

More in the link,

LINK

=======

The article rambles on and on but doesn't SPECIFY a real legal violation against Thomas who undoubtedly went on all those voyages but most of the article talks about ETHICS not lawbreaking.

One more time, how does one prove something that did not happen?
How do you know he didn't pay any fare? I am asking you for evidence to support it never happened.

How do you know it didn't happen? Provided the proof

Jet travel, free resort stays, and superyacht trips have been revealed as a huge conflict of interest in the midst of a scandal involving Clarence Thomas. It is important for judges to be transparent about their financial dealings and failure to do so can lead to calls for impeachment.

he did it for more than 20 years!
And the corrupt blind partisan right will circle the wagons as usual.

Meh. If it can be proven that the vacation influenced his decisions on the court, let him face the consequences. If not, it's just another tempest in a tea pot.

If lefties want to charge every judge and politician for the non crime of hanging around with a billionaire they better start with the Biden family and work their way down to Bragg and the Soros empire.

Clarence Thomas is a crook. You guys get all up in arms over a laptop with zero incriminating evidence and here we have Thomas BOUGHT and PAID for in US dollars. What a crock.

Forum List

Back