Clementa Pinckney Didn't Act To Stop Racism, When He Could Have

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I hate to disparage a pretty good guy who just got killed in cold blood, but it has to be said that Obama's eulogy for Clementa Pinckney today wasn't quite accurate. He described Pinckney as a legislator who acted to stop racist oppression. Checking on Pinckney's record as a South Carolina state senator, it shows his record pertaining to affirmative action (by far the largest racial discrimination, against the largest number of people), to be void of any action.

While there may not have been any resolutions about AA to vote on, there was never anything to to stop Pinckney from sponsoring one to ban affirmative action (which has already been done in 8 states). So while Pinckney may have been a good fellow, a good pastor of his Emanuel AME church, and a decent senator overall, Obama's words were less than accurate. Pinckney was in a position that few people in his state were in regarding racism. He had the power to act against it, and against the most egregious form of it in his state. The record shows he took no action on it.

Clementa Pinckney s Voting Records on Issue Employment and Affirmative Action - The Voter s Self Defense System - Vote Smart

There's nothing wrong about carrying a concealed weapon while attending church.
Off topic post, but a good point, so I will comment . I agree. CCW guns would have saved lives in Charleston. Most of the killing didn't have to happen. Part of the reason was gun control stupidity.

Why you picking on me for "off topic" and not Tank? :dunno:

Is he on ignore?

If so, then why aren't I on ignore? :slap:
Be positive. I agreed with you, and then elaborated. Now I'll click an agree for you too. Sorry, I don't have any chocolate donuts to give out. :biggrin:

They apparently removed your linky's list.

That said, it was likely a respect for the dead thing; that or Obama was just wrong and made an assumption based on skin color.

Either way, you're kind of talking about complete honesty from a politician - that's not going to happen.

Forum List

Back