Climate Change Experts Kill World's Oldest Living Creature

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This is such a perfect metaphor for the attitude of AGW mongers towards living things:

In 2006, climate change experts from Bangor University in north Wales found a very special clam while dredging the seabeds of Iceland. At that time scientists counted the rings on the inside shell to determine that the clam was the ripe old age of 405. Unfortunately, by opening the clam which scientists refer to as "Ming," they killed it instantly.

Cut to 2013, researchers have determined that the original calculations of Ming's age were wrong, and that the now deceased clam was actually 102 years older than originally thought. Ming was 507 years old at the time of its demise. ...

Scientists Confirm World's Oldest Creature...But Kill it Determining Its Age

Just like cutting down a tree to count it's rings..

Really? A tree versus the actual oldest living creature on earth?

But thank you for proving the bankruptcy of your value system.

I've witnessed first hand biologists destroying nesting bird sites [via running over them with their Government issued truck] in their haste to reach other nesting sites.
The phrase 'studied to death' comes to mind. In public hearings I've also witnessed the presentation of 'data' utilizing fraudulent and indaquate methodology by the same team.
Government funded science is a dicey proposition, in my experience.

Last edited:
I've witnessed first hand biologists destroying nesting bird sites [via running over them with their Government issued truck] in their haste to reach other nesting sites.
The phrase 'studied to death' comes to mind. In public hearings I've also witnessed the presentation of 'data' utilizing fraudulent and indaquate methodology by the same team.
Government funded science is a dicey proposition, in my experience.

I got rid of a Dover book on raptors that described "researchers" as shooting dozens of a species and destroying many many nests in order to study them. Inexcusable.

Maybe this animal should not have been killed but as I wrote above, unless this is an endangered species, its a non-issue and nothing more than an excuse for rw's to rant against science.

Its ASSSSinine for people who constantly post in favor of taking food away from children, to suddenly get all kinds of worried and concerned about ONE CLAM.

Forum List

Back