🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Climate Change is taking away the beaches at an alarming rate

huntington beach loses an inch the asians gain an inch and vice versa. I'm sure God factored in those inches when he set the boundaries of the ocean.

from what i heard, Huntington Beach Ca....lost an inch of its beach since 1875.....

tenor.gif

The AGW kOOks have been saying this routinely for over 20 years.

Nobody is caring

The willfully ignorant right continues to deny the fact of climate change.
Name all the deniers that have commented on this thread. Go ahead name them Clay. You are the willfully ignorant left that just doesn't get it and is upset that the old cards aren't working anymore. Poor little Cletus.

The Outer Banks and many beach communities will soon be gone. And you will come up with another excuse to deny the facts. The repubs and MAGA base their existence on lies and misinformation. Nothing will change that.
And you really believe it's due to a half a degree over 200 years?

Let's not forget that Climate Change is racism...

JHC...

Yeah...
Tell it to the hillbillies whose trailer was destroyed by the storm.

Beaches move ... it's only humans who want them to stay put ...
What one beach losses, another beach gains ...

Not really. The ultimate destination for beach sand is the continental shelf, and some even makes it to the bottom of the ocean.

Obama's house is 10' above sea level.
The property - 3-10 feet above.
At 1/8" a year, perhaps now 3/16th of an inch a year sea level rise (and you can double that rise IMO with accelerated melt) he won't have to worry much in his lifetime.
People with the money want to enjoy it in their lifetime even knowing it's long term fate/cost.
It's amortizing current pleasure cost.

Miami and the S-E and Gulf coasts have a much faster rise/pressing problem. (where Jared and Ivanka just bought on Star Island)
`

`

Like 117 people in Miami are worried........... :cul2:

Not really. The ultimate destination for beach sand is the continental shelf, and some even makes it to the bottom of the ocean.

I'm driving Florida's A1A ... looks like the continental shelf here ... all the way to the Piedmont ... is this what you mean? ... I'm from the West Coast ... beach sand is generally pushed up against the mountains and down-current during normal or La Nina years ...

I'm driving Florida's A1A ... looks like the continental shelf here ... all the way to the Piedmont ... is this what you mean? ... I'm from the West Coast ... beach sand is generally pushed up against the mountains and down-current during normal or La Nina years ...

That is not true. Beach sand is transported down the coast until it reaches a submarine canyon and then drops down to the continental shelf. There are multiple littoral cells along the California coast, the Santa Barbara, the zuma, santa monica, etc. Each is a terminus for the sand river.

Forum List

Back