Climate change protesters in Maryland shut down a highway. Driver becomes upset and says that he's on parole and will go prison if they don't move

Interesting, both the Wiki, and Open Secrets, along with this organizations OWN WEBSITE, refuse to give any information, as to who backs, and funds these people.

It would appear it is an AstroTurf organization, that has links to the people that made that NETFLIX film, "Don't Look Up." I am immediately suspicious of folks that cloak themselves in secrecy.

Adam McKay, Director of Don't Look Up, is as Terrified About the Climate Crisis as We Are​

Jun 16, 2022

"Declare Emergency was honored to host Adam McKay, Director of Don't Look Up, and Roger Hallam, Co-Founder of Extinction Rebellion, talking about the climate crisis and how civil resistance might save us. Additional speakers included Kevin Cramer of The Palm Collective, Ivana from Save Old Growth in Canada, Jane from Just Stop Oil in the UK, and Callie Justice from Quit Carbon NC and a Declare Emergency campaign supporter and organizer.

The Declare Emergency campaign utilizes a Nonviolent Civil Resistance (NVCR) strategy supported by the studies of social science around effecting expedient social change. Examples of successful NVCR movements include the Suffragettes who achieved women's voting rights, Gandhi's Salt March for Indian independence from British rule, the Freedom Riders and the Children's March's success in eliminating segregation nationwide, and the ACT UP movement that fostered medical research, treatment and advocacy, and changed legislation and public policies that saved millions of lives from the AIDS pandemic.

Our planet is on fire! We are not in the last hour, but the last second. Per Sir David King, former Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK "What we do in the next 3-4 years, I believe, will determine the future of humanity" (Feb. 2021). This leaves us now with 2-3 years. The change we need in this time is aggressive and expedient policy that works towards eliminating fossil fuel extraction and use, and does so in a way that centers the concerns and outcomes of working class people and frontline communities. No one left behind. The first step - and the campaign's first demand - is for President Biden to declare a national state of climate emergency as a public announcement, setting the stage for all that is necessary going forward. Our second demand is for his administration to cease all fossil fuel extraction on federal and indigenous land.

Declare Emergency is a part of a global effort known as the A22 Network. Along with us here in the United States, cities across Canada, Australia, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, UK, France, and Norway will see an unprecedented level of nonviolent disruption to halt the climate and ecological emergency. These multiracial, multigenerational, and cross-class groups of ordinary people will go as far as it takes nonviolently to achieve this. Our sister campaigns include:"

- Dernière Rénovation (France)
- Fireproof (Australia)
- Just Stop Oil (UK)
- Letzte Generation (Germany)
- Renovate (Switzerland)
- Save Old Growth (Canada)
- Stopp Oljeletinga! (Norway)
- Ultima Generazione (Italy)

FDN9SJ0XEAIkOd_

These are extremists, that, in the future, I do not think, the various STATES, will do much to stop from creating chaos. I believe they have formal links to Greta. It looks to have been manufactured by propaganda and money. . . funded by billionaire elites. It is to cause scenes to change minds. In the future, I will be surprised if the police even do anything. They did, thankfully this time.

The comments on the FB page over this protest? Very telling, I don't think folks are buying it.

iu

Attachments

• ,o2 a-2.jpg
    ,o2 a-2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5
Maybe they should be working on creating new forms of reusabke energy rather than messing with motorists.

What about those driving EVs?

Forum List

Back