Climate Change Science Poised to Enter Nation's Classrooms

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-se...church-opposes-evolution-in-science-standards

This community is in a somewhat rural/used to be rural area. Not likely that there will be a great deal of support for this.

The Atlanta ABC affiliate said Bob Staples, a member of the church, called Darwin’s theory “bad science” and said “it’s bad for the culture.”

“To teach it as a fact,” said Staples, “is lying to people.”

It’s curious that Staples, who is a college math teacher and also a member of the state committee working on the new science standards, is worried about lying to people. He said he believes in a literal view of the Bible, but doesn’t expect public schools to teach creationism.

So what would Staples teach? If evolution is a no go and so is creationism, what does that leave? It sounds like Staples would rather give kids extra recess time than good science classes.

Staples hasn’t offered an alternative. All he “knows” is that teaching evolution is contributing to the decline of civilization.

“The crime rate, child abuse, divorce. All of these things rose from a period following the implementation of teaching Darwinian theory [in the 1960s],” Staples said.

It’s safe to say that crime, child abuse and divorce all pre-date the 1960s and have absolutely no link to the missing link.

the desire of some to teach one wrong idea in schools doesn't give license for others to teach their wrong ideas in schools. AGW is at best a contested theory. It's not a fact. Teaching one side of a contested theory and not the other is indoctrination.

[

the desire of some to teach one wrong idea in schools doesn't give license for others to teach their wrong ideas in schools. AGW is at best a contested theory. It's not a fact. Teaching one side of a contested theory and not the other is indoctrination.

It's not a "contested" theory, though. 97% of scientists in the feild of climate study agree the earth is getting warmer and humans are to blame for it.

You know..............it's the beginning of March, and the trees here in Amarillo started to bud around the last week of Feb this year.

Combine that with the droughts that we've been having, as well as the record high temps that we've set over the summers, yeah............global warming is here.

The only thing that proves is that you're incredibly gullible.

It is the obligation of our k-12 educational system to present the best possible science we know.

It is NOT the obligation of k-12 education to present every opposing fringe scientific theory.

If those opposing theories became the mainstream scientific consensus, THEN they ought to be what is taught.

I have a wide variety of theories about US history that are NOT part of the commonly perceived views about history.

When I teach history I do NOT impose my radical theories about history on the kids.

When those kids are old enough (say in college) THAT IS THE PLACE where such contrarian POVs ought to be offered.

You know..............it's the beginning of March, and the trees here in Amarillo started to bud around the last week of Feb this year.

Combine that with the droughts that we've been having, as well as the record high temps that we've set over the summers, yeah............global warming is here.

It certainly seems that weather patterns are different.

A person I know with 'several' advanced degrees believes that global warming is 'real', fwiw.

Extreme weather of last decade part of larger pattern linked to global warming

It "seems" they are different? Well that's certainly scientific!

A person I know with 'several' advanced degrees believes that global warming is 'real', fwiw.
A person you know...Well, that settles it. I'm convinced. :lol:

lol--there's more to the story.

There have been some toxic debates on the topic of global warming I finally started asking 'privately' and he said that is what he believes. Not the sort to believe 'anything'.

Well! Now I'm convinced!

When you understand how liberals come to believe their half baked theories, it's truly comical.

And at some point you may realise that there are now only 7 people on earth who believe this.

The world has moved on BriPat. You don't need to move on with it, but you do need to realise that you are stuck arguing the benefits of the steam engine.

The fact is no one cares about the global warming con any more. In survey after survey, concern about global warming is at the bottom of the list. The game is over. You're pissing in the wind.

Yea, nobody cares anymore because they know that we will never do anything about it. We're just going to have to live with the consequences.

There are no consequences, and the consequences of following the prescription of the AGW cultists are far worse.

What the AGW cultists believe isn't science. It's a con. No one "needs" it do be false, just as no one needs the earth centric view of the solar system to be false.

And at some point you may realise that there are now only 7 people on earth who believe this.

The world has moved on BriPat. You don't need to move on with it, but you do need to realise that you are stuck arguing the benefits of the steam engine.

He might want his children to fall behind the rest of the world, but I do not want that to be my children's fate.

I think my children will do just fine without being brainwashed with the AGW abracadabra.

It is the obligation of our k-12 educational system to present the best possible science we know.

It is NOT the obligation of k-12 education to present every opposing fringe scientific theory.

If those opposing theories became the mainstream scientific consensus, THEN they ought to be what is taught.

I have a wide variety of theories about US history that are NOT part of the commonly perceived views about history.

When I teach history I do NOT impose my radical theories about history on the kids.

When those kids are old enough (say in college) THAT IS THE PLACE where such contrarian POVs ought to be offered.

again, there's no "contrarian" issue here. 97% of Climate Scientists accept AGW as true.

Even the Oil companies, who were responsible for much of the Denial Movement, have stopped denying it.

So here's what's really bothering you and other whacks on the right. That the education system is going to form people's opinions on this before Talk Radio and the oil companies can.

He might want his children to fall behind the rest of the world, but I do not want that to be my children's fate.

Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Unfortunately, these are the type of people who are breeding the most.

You're inability to perform simple feats of logic are the proof of that. They aren't breeding. The government schools are creating them.

Well our kids are taught more than enough stuff that's either untrue, useless or both so one more things can't hurt

So little of what schools teach now is actually factual.

that's because the republicans have been writing the text books ... let a liberal do and you'll get it right ...

laughing%2520dog.gif

Well our kids are taught more than enough stuff that's either untrue, useless or both so one more things can't hurt

So little of what schools teach now is actually factual.

that's because the republicans have been writing the text books ... let a liberal do and you'll get it right ...

Yeah, when a liberal gets involed a girl can come to school and decides she is a boy, or a boy can come to school and choose to be a girl.

The fact is no one cares about the global warming con any more. In survey after survey, concern about global warming is at the bottom of the list. The game is over. You're pissing in the wind.

Yea, nobody cares anymore because they know that we will never do anything about it. We're just going to have to live with the consequences.

There are no consequences, and the consequences of following the prescription of the AGW cultists are far worse.

It's almost as if you're trying to be a troll. No one with half an ounce of common sense would say something like this with a straight face.

It's almost as if you're trying to be a troll. No one with half an ounce of common sense would say something like this with a straight face.

There is no "trying" to it. He is a troll. And a moron. And evidentally a global weather scientist. With a "contrarian" view. LMAO.

What other explanations can be utilized to understand the changes in weather patterns over the past decade?

ie--Much warmer winters over the past 10 years in the SE and sweltering generally dry summers?

For many decades jonquils bloomed in the middle of March. Now they begin to bloom in February.

There has been some sort of change.

My first thought would be that Big Yellow Thing in the Sky. It's a plasma, it's not a digital hot water heater.

Second, we're 8 degrees warmer since the end of the last ice age, of course the ice is melting!

images

Finally, show me one repeatable experiment where a 100PPM incease in CO2 causes warmer temperature or "Climate change"

Many people have said it. All of them are a lot smarter than you or the typical AGW cult member.

There is no "trying" to it. He is a troll. And a moron. And evidentally a global weather scientist. With a "contrarian" view. LMAO.

Yeah, disputing the left-wing orthodoxy makes you a troll.

Someone who can't even compose a proper sentence is calling me a moron?

That is so beautifully liberal!

Forum List

Back