🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clinton Cash - The Book!

The NYT is reporting on this book, hardly a RW mouth organ.

The book, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times, asserts that foreign entities who made payments to the Clinton Foundation and to Mr. Clinton through high speaking fees received favors from Mrs. Clinton’s State Department in return.

“We will see a pattern of financial transactions involving the Clintons that occurred contemporaneous with favorable U.S. policy decisions benefiting those providing the funds,” Mr. Schweizer writes.

His examples include a free-trade agreement in Colombia that benefited a major foundation donor’s natural resource investments in the South American nation, development projects in the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake in 2010, and more than $1 million in payments to Mr. Clinton by a Canadian bank and major shareholder in the Keystone XL oil pipeline around the time the project was being debated in the State Department....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/u...estions-foreign-donations-to-foundation.html?

Do you really think it will make a difference? All this stuff is coming out now, 19 months before the election, and in a few months will all be forgotten and everybody will have moved on. And when Hillary's opponents try to bring it up when the campaign starts seriously heating up, it will be declared old news--beating a dead horse--and all that.

The Democrats tend to set the bar very very low in what they want re ethics and a moral center in their candidates. And most don't read books or the New York Times or any other serious publications. So the only ones who will care are those who wouldn't vote for Hillary in any case.
Books are for old people...The younger generation has no interest in printed material for consumption...

What a blithering moron. Kindle. Ever heard of it?
I have a kindle fire as does my son, yet he has no books on it to read...PC gaming is what the younger generation are interested in...

Maybe they should make a video game about Crooked politicians being paid off anyway they can while the money is hot.
Let's see we could have all of the Candidates, the Bushes, Cheney after the money to see who are the biggest crooks, who stole the most money, who hurt America the most while doing and got away with it.

images

I have no problem finding or getting a job.I am not sure why others can't,,unless they feel they are too good for it.....

The book, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times, asserts that foreign entities who made payments to the Clinton Foundation and to Mr. Clinton through high speaking fees received favors from Mrs. Clinton’s State Department in return.

“We will see a pattern of financial transactions involving the Clintons that occurred contemporaneous with favorable U.S. policy decisions benefiting those providing the funds,” Mr. Schweizer writes.

His examples include a free-trade agreement in Colombia that benefited a major foundation donor’s natural resource investments in the South American nation, development projects in the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake in 2010, and more than $1 million in payments to Mr. Clinton by a Canadian bank and major shareholder in the Keystone XL oil pipeline around the time the project was being debated in the State Department....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/u...estions-foreign-donations-to-foundation.html?

Do you really think it will make a difference? All this stuff is coming out now, 19 months before the election, and in a few months will all be forgotten and everybody will have moved on. And when Hillary's opponents try to bring it up when the campaign starts seriously heating up, it will be declared old news--beating a dead horse--and all that.

The Democrats tend to set the bar very very low in what they want re ethics and a moral center in their candidates. And most don't read books or the New York Times or any other serious publications. So the only ones who will care are those who wouldn't vote for Hillary in any case.
Books are for old people...The younger generation has no interest in printed material for consumption...

I have a kindle fire as does my son, yet he has no books on it to read...PC gaming is what the younger generation are interested in...

Maybe they should make a video game about Crooked politicians being paid off anyway they can while the money is hot.
Let's see we could have all of the Candidates, the Bushes, Cheney after the money to see who are the biggest crooks, who stole the most money, who hurt America the most while doing and got away with it.

images

Harry Reid was elected and didn't have two nickles to rub together...how did he get so rich on a Senator's salary? It's not just one party doing this

Well, the economy sucks under Obama, so that ain't gonna help Hillary!
I beg to differ....It's better now than when Boosh left office...
Wrong.
Only about the same number of people are working, despite increases in the workforce. Income is flat, wealth is flat. The average American thinks the recession never ended.
You have more people living now than in 2009...I for one enjoy not working ....You have more people retiring now due to the Baby Boomers...
Another liberal meme. You ae of course wrong.
No I am not..The population is more now than in 2008...The Baby Boomers are the largest generation group in the US..
Of course you are wrong. People work past 65 of course. But not in the Obama economy. So many people took early payout of Social Security (62) that it skewed their actuarial tables.

Mr. Clinton would routinely fetch half-a-million dollar honorariums for speeches while Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State

nothing wrong with that...it's done by politicians all the time...
The reason he got that money is what's wrong about it.

It's all about peddling influence for cash from foreign interests.

Even Putin commented on it.......essentially saying it was dangerous.
Well I thought that cash=freedom of speech?

images

Harry Reid was elected and didn't have two nickles to rub together...how did he get so rich on a Senator's salary? It's not just one party doing this
It's a rich mans game...

If I had it my whey, no politician could ever take any money from anyone...No professional lobby groups and speeches as a pro-boner( I know, I could not resist) setting

Fox News will flog the shit out of the book, obviously. But there aren't a lot of Fox News viewers who would vote for Hillary anyway.

Most Fox viewers won't read the book. They will just believe whatever they are told to believe by Fox.

There will be at least 50 topics on this forum parroting what Fox and Breitbart, et al. have to say about the book.

The author of the book is a former George W. Bush flack. So it has that working against it.

The hardcore Clinton supporters will vote for her no matter what. The hardcore Fox viewers won't.

How much impact the book will have on potential Clinton voters is anyone's guess.

Wrong.
Only about the same number of people are working, despite increases in the workforce. Income is flat, wealth is flat. The average American thinks the recession never ended.
You have more people living now than in 2009...I for one enjoy not working ....You have more people retiring now due to the Baby Boomers...
No I am not..The population is more now than in 2008...The Baby Boomers are the largest generation group in the US..
Of course you are wrong. People work past 65 of course. But not in the Obama economy. So many people took early payout of Social Security (62) that it skewed their actuarial tables.

Like they could make a living on Social Security in 2015 , if you are planning to survive on that you may want to get your paper box ready to live in on the streets...Please even if you have full medical coverage it is not enough...
Who would be stupid enough to retire to get SS.
Maybe if you were smart and saved on your own for years.

Wrong.

Like they could make a living on Social Security in 2015 , if you are planning to survive on that you may want to get your paper box ready to live on the streets...Please even if you have full medical coverage it is not enough...
Who would be stupid even to retire to get SS.
I do it and live well...It could always be worse....

Wrong.
The corporate mentality is toxic to those over 50 in this nation now also,,what a shame, then you get stories in the paper about how hard it is to find people to work that can't show up on time and hold a conversation...Those corporations get what they deserve...

Like they could make a living on Social Security in 2015 , if you are planning to survive on that you may want to get your paper box ready to live on the streets...Please even if you have full medical coverage it is not enough...

Do you have things paid for, like your house ect. I can not imagine having to pay the high rents which will continue to go up.

a one bedroom in the Bay area is $2000.00 a month easy.

Mr. Clinton would routinely fetch half-a-million dollar honorariums for speeches while Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State

When they're slamming CEO pay and running around the country whipping up divisive, class warfare arguments there absolutely is something wrong with that.

Furthermore, I'm not aware of too many politicians getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to give one speech.

When they're slamming CEO pay and running around the country whipping up divisive, class warfare arguments there absolutely is something wrong with that.

Furthermore, I'm not aware of too many politicians getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to give one speech.
Yes, they do play both sides of the fence...

Last edited:

Do you have things paid for, like your house ect. I can not imagine having to pay the high rents which will continue to go up.

My house payment with real estate taxes and insurance is $425.00 a month. I have VA care..My 43 acres is paid for and I grow much of my own food in addition to the wild game and wild berries that grow in abundance here....I get $1350 a month for for SS..

My house payment with real estate taxes and insurance is $425.00 a month. I have VA care..My 43 acres is paid for and I grow much of my own food in addition to the wild game and wild berries that grow in abundance here....I get $1350 a month for for SS..

Notice that the thread shut down after you talk about what a awesome retirement that you have set up for yourself!
145020.jpg

Notice that the thread shut down after you talk about what a awesome retirement that you have set up for yourself!
145020.jpg
I could have done better but there was these 4 kids that would never leave the house until 18....

Being an older parent we have one starting college next year so we will be working for a while longer...lol
We were lucky enough to buy our home in the bay area before the 2000 price explosion, we could never afford it now. But if we decide to sell now after 20 years... $$ :banana: we had no idea that silicon valley was going to take off like it did.

We grow our own vegs. too. but I bet your air is much cleaner than the air here.

I hope it has an impact on the moderate independents who will decide the election. The Obama Administration is not going to prosecute the Clintons; the Dems will circle the wagons.

But, do regular Americans want to live through the inevitable unseemly sleaze of another Clinton presidency?

Of course not but regular Americans aren't too successful in electing candidates these days. Who in a million years could have dreamed that Obama would be elected to a second term? And yet the Dems were able to buy and bribe and coerce enough votes to get it done via their surrogate media who so demonized Romney people became afraid of him and via empty promises that Americans are gullible enough to keep believing.

So don't underestimate the electability of the Queen apparent. The D after her name is sufficient to make her a formidable opponent against anybody.

Hillary will automatically get 47% of the vote and the electoral votes of the moonbat coastal states. What I'm hoping is different this time, is that the GOP base is energized and the independents who were turned off by 2012 like the GOP candidate enough to vote.

I hope it has an impact on the moderate independents who will decide the election. The Obama Administration is not going to prosecute the Clintons; the Dems will circle the wagons.

But, do regular Americans want to live through the inevitable unseemly sleaze of another Clinton presidency?

Of course not but regular Americans aren't too successful in electing candidates these days. Who in a million years could have dreamed that Obama would be elected to a second term? And yet the Dems were able to buy and bribe and coerce enough votes to get it done via their surrogate media who so demonized Romney people became afraid of him and via empty promises that Americans are gullible enough to keep believing.

So don't underestimate the electability of the Queen apparent. The D after her name is sufficient to make her a formidable opponent against anybody.

Hillary will automatically get 47% of the vote and the electoral votes of the moonbat coastal states. What I'm hoping is different this time, is that the GOP base is energized and the independents who were turned off by 2012 like the GOP candidate enough to vote.

Not going to happen when there are green eggs and ham candidates running the show. I think the republicans need to break away from the Koch brother puppets in order to make a strong foundation again. You all may have to loose another race to figure that out.

Forum List

Back