Clinton's "chess game" in choosing a VP

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
As the GOP well knows, (especially John McCain) the choosing of a VP candidate is a crucial decision not only as possible successor, but also in how the political landscape may look like after a positive election result for the presidential candidate.

This may be why Clinton will NOT go with a seated democrat senator from a state where the governor's mansion is inhabited by a republican governor. Folks like Brown, Booker (and even Kaine) must not be chosen as VP candidates because their then vacant seat will be filled by a republican....and Clinton well knows that she will need a democrat led senate to push through her planned legislative initiatives. (bear in mind that more than 2 dozen senate seats currently held by republicans will be up for reelection this upcoming Nov.)

A better choice for Clinton would be a young, Hispanic progressive with no current elected position (like Julian Castro from Texas).

simpleton wonks and opponents repeatedly suggest she should select the latino or the woman, blah blah blah...

hillary is much smarter than to let simpletons and opponents dictate her vp choice.

A better choice for Clinton would be a young, Hispanic progressive with no current elected position (like Julian Castro from Texas).

:doubt: why would she choose someone who isn't qualified to be president..?

• Banned

Well, since your other half of the brain isn't working.....There's NO answer to that moronic question since you've already made up your [half functioning] mind.....

Go have another drink....

Well, since your other half of the brain isn't working.....There's NO answer to that moronic question since you've already made up your [half functioning] mind.....

Go have another drink....

so you have no answer...

i wish i could have a drink while working on mondays but i doubt i'd get much work accomplished.

the media told you there's "an anti-establishment mood going around" so you decided to just relinquish your brain.

liquid lunch is a regular thing in your line of work, i take it..?? :alcoholic:

Forum List

Back