Clinton's lesson: You cannot win the White House with a campaign designed around hate and anger.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
Yes, you read that right. Clinton's mistake was that the aim of her campaign was hate and anger. I know, I know....but Trump! Clinton's and Trump's campaigns were reciprocals of each other. Consider this for a moment. Donald Trump has become known through this election as being a man filled with hate and anger. He's constantly ranted and spewed vitriol every which direction. But his campaign was never designed to motivate voters with those emotions. Trump is all about the love of him. His goal has always been to inspire people to love him. And the result is that people turned out to support him on election day. All the hatred he's been spouting was never meant to convince anyone to share his hatred. All along he's been targeting people who already agree with him. He just wants them to know that he agrees with them so that they'll love him.

By contrast, Clinton has done the exact reciprocal opposite. Clinton spent her time trying to spread a message of love. But her goal was to make you hate Trump. She thought it was enough to be not-Trump. She constantly put on this fictitious facade of an elder stateswoman who loves her countryfolk, but the objective was always to try to make people hate Trump by comparison.

Trump campaign's primary goal was to make people fall in love with him. Clinton campaign's tried to make people hate Trump. The people who Trump reached came out to vote for him. The people who Clinton reached stayed home because they still didn't like Clinton enough to vote for her.

The great irony of this election is that both parties selected the worst candidate they could find, but one of them had to win. America will be paying the price over the next four years for this partisan race to the bottom.

Yes, you read that right. Clinton's mistake was that the aim of her campaign was hate and anger. I know, I know....but Trump! Clinton's and Trump's campaigns were reciprocals of each other. Consider this for a moment. Donald Trump has become known through this election as being a man filled with hate and anger. He's constantly ranted and spewed vitriol every which direction. But his campaign was never designed to motivate voters with those emotions. Trump is all about the love of him. His goal has always been to inspire people to love him. And the result is that people turned out to support him on election day. All the hatred he's been spouting was never meant to convince anyone to share his hatred. All along he's been targeting people who already agree with him. He just wants them to know that he agrees with them so that they'll love him.

By contrast, Clinton has done the exact reciprocal opposite. Clinton spent her time trying to spread a message of love. But her goal was to make you hate Trump. She thought it was enough to be not-Trump. She constantly put on this fictitious facade of an elder stateswoman who loves her countryfolk, but the objective was always to try to make people hate Trump by comparison.

Trump campaign's primary goal was to make people fall in love with him. Clinton campaign's tried to make people hate Trump. The people who Trump reached came out to vote for him. The people who Clinton reached stayed home because they still didn't like Clinton enough to vote for her.

The great irony of this election is that both parties selected the worst candidate they could find, but one of them had to win. America will be paying the price over the next four years for this partisan race to the bottom.
Agreed except for the last section. I would have been voting only because of Trump. A republican counterpart to Hillary, a bird of the same feather, could not make me go out to vote.
It is Trump who won for the GOP, a victory, the party could not be celebrating now without Trump.
Don´t fear what might come, the only direction is upwards.

Forum List

Back