New data shows US job growth has been far weaker than initially reported

If you have different graphs of historic job numbers and growth in US, I would be more than willing to view them. Unfortunately, they all seem to show the same thing. There has been good solid job growth and economic expansion for that last 3 years.

The only graph you need to look at is the one showing the Great Recession of 2008. See how those jobs magically came back after the recession was over? It wasn't really anything Obama did, and after the Covid pandemic ended, the jobs magically came back too.

1724289545024.png

Not sure your point. You just agreed with me.
Everybody not living under a rock, knows there was a pandemic, but it is pretty hard to get around the expansion and job growth of the last 3 years if you depend on numbers and not your feelings or political view. Showing you graphs and number is like dealing with manic depressive. So you want to be upset, that well above normal job growth, is not as high as stated, when all the economists in the OP's article, point out it is always revised once a year and the job growth was still above normal and reflects solid growth? Knock yourself out. Try to cheer up, there little guys. :rolleyes:

The only graph you need to look at is the one showing the Great Recession of 2008. See how those jobs magically came back after the recession was over? It wasn't really anything Obama did, and after the Covid pandemic ended, the jobs magically came back too.

View attachment 999262
1724290444704.png

1724290494499.png

Everybody not living under a rock, knows there was a pandemic, but it is pretty hard to get around the expansion and job growth of the last 3 years if you depend on numbers and not your feelings or political view.

Thanks for the Hee Haw video. As to Biden's job growth of the past three years, the only way you can have a pandemic shutdown end is for a return of all the jobs you previously shut down. That return defines the end of the shutdown! There are not zillions of people working now in jobs they didn't have before, in fact, I'd wager a lot of people are working worse jobs now than they were before and I see this effect in many service jobs from my lawn-keeper to the local pizza shop.

Costs have gone up so much, people can no longer keep employees, no one can afford to work these jobs anymore.

And as to Biden's great job growth, it just came out that it has fallen short by 800,000 jobs.

That is likely because the pandemic rebound is finished and the effects of Biden's inflation is really setting in.

Those FRED charts are deceptive and biased. If you really want to look at the trends, the Bureau of Labor Statistics is more accurate. Look at the actual numbers below the chart. The Biden administration has been riding a three year bounceback from Covid. The biggest increase in the job numbers was June, July, and August of 2020. From there on, the numbers have decreased until they've pretty much reached the Trump 2019 levels.

1724291781583.png

Thanks for the Hee Haw video. As to Biden's job growth of the past three years, the only way you can have a pandemic shutdown end is for a return of all the jobs you previously shut down. That return defines the end of the shutdown! There are not zillions of people working now in jobs they didn't have before, in fact, I'd wager a lot of people are working worse jobs now than they were before and I see this effect in many service jobs from my lawn-keeper to the local pizza shop.

Costs have gone up so much, people can no longer keep employees, no one can afford to work these jobs anymore.

And as to Biden's great job growth, it just came out that it has fallen short by 800,000 jobs.

That is likely because the pandemic rebound is finished and the effects of Biden's inflation is really setting in.
OK. Explain why there are significantly more people employed now, vs before the pandemic. You gloom and doomers are amazing. When I first got here, I thought there would be some intelligent business people, that people expected results from. Mostly, I was wrong. You guys only believe what you are told. Do not believe in numbers (government or not), apparently did not have to graph anything or understand them. I don't know if you guys ever went to college. If you did, you weren't business majors. I was fortunate, not to be part of a defeatist, negative minded management team. Not to say we did not have one come in, but they didn't stay long. Thank goodness.

So, is it your position that 170,000 jobs a month on average add is bad?

They do not always revise down, in 2022 this report upped the number by more than 300,000.

This revision is done with data that is not available for the monthly reports.
Revisions are just one issue with the jobs report. Here is a good example of "jobs report" spin attempted by Joe Biden.

OK. Explain why there are significantly more people employed now, vs before the pandemic. You gloom and doomers are amazing. When I first got here, I thought there would be some intelligent business people, that people expected results from. Mostly, I was wrong. You guys only believe what you are told. Do not believe in numbers (government or not), apparently did not have to graph anything or understand them. I don't know if you guys ever went to college. If you did, you weren't business majors. I was fortunate, not to be part of a defeatist, negative minded management team. Not to say we did not have one come in, but they didn't stay long. Thank goodness.

That's not true. The labor participation rate in December 2019 (right before the pandemic) was 63.3%.

The highest labor participation rate the Biden administration achieved was 62.8% in November of 2023.

These figures came directly from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and are inarguable.

1724293234385.png

US job growth during much of the past year was significantly weaker than initially estimated, according to new data released Wednesday.
Let's look at the COVID recovery jobs.
You know, when trump lost 22 MILLION jobs, then recovered SOME, like 12 Million.

4.5 Million Jobs added since the Loss Started, this DATA is only to OCT 2023.
Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 6.16.17 AM.png

As to Biden's job growth of the past three years, the only way you can have a pandemic shutdown end is for a return of all the jobs you previously shut down. That return defines the end of the shutdown! There are not zillions of people working now in jobs they didn't have before
Congrats, it NOT a ZILLION, Not a real number dude, but it is in FACT 4.5 MILLION as of October 2023. Then add in 2024.
See Chart Below and DENY the DATA.

COVID Jobs.png

Now let's look at the US unemployment rate: The lowest unemployment rate under President Trump was 3.5% right before the pandemic. The Biden administration did manage to see a lowest unemployment rate of 3.4%, but at last count (July 2024) the unemployment rate has reached 4.3%.

More inarguable figures from the BLS.

1724293877650.png

Rehires and part time jobs. Biden's new jobs went to illegals.
LOLLOL idiot.
The data says otherwise.

BTW......

Are you trying to say that illegals are working jobs that our lazy white trash freeloaders, like Roadrunner, won't do?

Congrats, it NOT a ZILLION, Not a real number dude, but it is in FACT 4.5 MILLION as of October 2023. Then add in 2024.
See Chart Below and DENY the DATA.

View attachment 999311
How about the fake jobs just discovered. You cannot trust on thing this administration says. This has to be the worst presidency ever. Hands down.

Forum List

Back