CNN Caught Constantly Lying

They are really bad

Do you care? How come you defend Trump's right to lie?

Trump is arguing he has a 1st amendment right to lie. Isn’t that odd? For years he’s been saying the media and scientific community are the ones who are lying. But now here we have Republicans now arguing Trump has the right to lie. And he does.

But that’s not what Trump is being prosecuted for his deeds, not his words. And the special counsel even says in the new indictment that the defendant had the right to say what he wanted to say about the election. What he didn't have a right to do is try to overthrow the results of that election.

CHANG: OK. So let me just be more specific. To what extent does the First Amendment allow people to state falsehoods?

TORRES-SPELLISCY: So the Supreme Court has been very lenient with liars. And the case that comes to mind is one called Alvarez. The Supreme Court said that Mr. Alvarez was able to lie about having a military record that he simply did not have. He had a First Amendment right to such lying.

It is more damning if Trump is doing this with the knowledge that he lost the election. But when he decides to pressure the secretary of state of Georgia, for example, to do something illegal on his behalf, that is the intent that matters. He doesn't have the authority under our U.S. Constitution to tell a state official to do anything. There is no power from the president of the United States that flows to a state official like the Secretary of State of Georgia where he can ask that person to manufacture votes.

You don't have a First Amendment right to encourage or solicit others to engage in unlawful behavior.

And President Trump simply did not have the legal authority to do what he is accused of doing, and he thus violated federal criminal law.

Trump is arguing he has a 1st amendment right to lie. Isn’t that odd? For years he’s been saying the media and scientific community are the ones who are lying. But now here we have Republicans now arguing Trump has the right to lie. And he does.

But that’s not what Trump is being prosecuted for his deeds, not his words. And the special counsel even says in the new indictment that the defendant had the right to say what he wanted to say about the election. What he didn't have a right to do is try to overthrow the results of that election.

CHANG: OK. So let me just be more specific. To what extent does the First Amendment allow people to state falsehoods?

TORRES-SPELLISCY: So the Supreme Court has been very lenient with liars. And the case that comes to mind is one called Alvarez. The Supreme Court said that Mr. Alvarez was able to lie about having a military record that he simply did not have. He had a First Amendment right to such lying.

It is more damning if Trump is doing this with the knowledge that he lost the election. But when he decides to pressure the secretary of state of Georgia, for example, to do something illegal on his behalf, that is the intent that matters. He doesn't have the authority under our U.S. Constitution to tell a state official to do anything. There is no power from the president of the United States that flows to a state official like the Secretary of State of Georgia where he can ask that person to manufacture votes.

You don't have a First Amendment right to encourage or solicit others to engage in unlawful behavior.

And President Trump simply did not have the legal authority to do what he is accused of doing, and he thus violated federal criminal law.
O
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

So CNN is just like Trump?

lol

O
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
Well I thought about how you guys accuse people who disagree with you as being liars. And I find it interesting that Trump's defense is he had the right to spread lies that the election was rigged.

I don't expect this to move you. You're an idiot who loves Hitler, I mean Trump.

Well I thought about how you guys accuse people who disagree with you as being liars. And I find it interesting that Trump's defense is he had the right to spread lies that the election was rigged.

I don't expect this to move you. You're an idiot who loves Hitler, I mean Trump.

^^^Look everyone, the guy who supports forcing children to get an experimental medical procedure wants to talk about Hitler.

LOL

You always say that, yet, I dont. IR you lie to me every fucking time we talk.
Seems like you and trump have a lot in common.

^^^Look everyone, the guy who supports forcing children to get an experimental medical procedure wants to talk about Hitler.

LOL
Huh? I'm simply comparing Trump's failed coup attempt with Hitler's. Hitler went to jail for a minute and it looks like Trump's going to jail too. Will Trump rise to power after he gets out like Hitler? I doubt it. He'll be 112 years old.

Republicans don't like gays. Just like Hitler. Minorities, immigrants. Hitler and Trump and YOU have a lot in common. You're a nazi. Or would be if your party could win.

Let me guess. We abort more than you exterminated.

Let's talk truth

“He’s a completely self-centered, self-possessed, self-consumed, angry old man,” Christie told CBS News’ Robert Costa, who had asked him for “the truth on Trump.”

“And he doesn’t care about anyone else other than him,”

Christie, a Trump ally turned vocal critic, said his “breaking point” was when the former president first claimed without evidence that the 2020 election had been stolen from him.

Ron DeSantis Says Trump 'Of Course' Lost The 2020 Election​

block.jpeg

You have to admit this is kind of funny. You guys for how many years accused the liberal media of lying and in the past year we've found Fox and Trump have been the ones lying. We knew it but you kept saying it wasn't true. Now we know, it is true. Science and the liberal media aren't the ones lying to you

The latest federal case against Donald Trump is putting a spotlight on the role of false and baseless claims in his presidency. The indictment alleges that the former president and his co-conspirators used lies for the criminal purpose of overturning the 2020 election.

At times, the drumbeat of false assertions during Trump's candidacy and presidency perplexed the American press and public. So did Trump's invocation of baseless conspiracy theories, which invariably situated him as a persecuted victim of a "deep state." But Ben-Ghiat said in her studies of authoritarian leaders such as Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, Silvio Berlusconi and Jair Bolsonaro, there was precedent for this.

"The use of lies takes place in a larger effort to turn the public against alternate sources of authority," she said. Those sources might include independent courts, legislative bodies and law enforcement agencies. Or — it may be the fourth estate.

"If you're looking to see if somebody's going to be a strongman, what you find is even when they start campaigning, they immediately start trying to turn the public against the press, saying [the press is] biased and that they are the truth teller against the establishment," said Ben-Ghiat. As that leader's supporters increasingly come to believe that he is the only source of truth, she said, they will be primed to believe his claims of a stolen election.

"What Trump is doing is, he's asking for personal loyalty to him to outweigh the rule of law,"

"What jumped out to me is that we finally have a structural understanding of the way lies can undermine democracy, of the way trust is central for our democracy," he said. "Democracy relies on faith in its institutions and laws. Otherwise, there's no stability."

Glad to see a liberal article explaining what I've been saying. Of course it'll go right in one ear and out the other

Trump played you right out of the authoritarian playbook.

I like this part at the end.....

we finally have a structural understanding of the way lies can undermine democracy, of the way trust is central for our democracy. Democracy relies on faith in its institutions and laws. Otherwise, there's no stability.

You have to admit this is kind of funny. You guys for how many years accused the liberal media of lying and in the past year we've found Fox and Trump have been the ones lying. We knew it but you kept saying it wasn't true. Now we know, it is true. Science and the liberal media aren't the ones lying to you

The latest federal case against Donald Trump is putting a spotlight on the role of false and baseless claims in his presidency. The indictment alleges that the former president and his co-conspirators used lies for the criminal purpose of overturning the 2020 election.

At times, the drumbeat of false assertions during Trump's candidacy and presidency perplexed the American press and public. So did Trump's invocation of baseless conspiracy theories, which invariably situated him as a persecuted victim of a "deep state." But Ben-Ghiat said in her studies of authoritarian leaders such as Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, Silvio Berlusconi and Jair Bolsonaro, there was precedent for this.

"The use of lies takes place in a larger effort to turn the public against alternate sources of authority," she said. Those sources might include independent courts, legislative bodies and law enforcement agencies. Or — it may be the fourth estate.

"If you're looking to see if somebody's going to be a strongman, what you find is even when they start campaigning, they immediately start trying to turn the public against the press, saying [the press is] biased and that they are the truth teller against the establishment," said Ben-Ghiat. As that leader's supporters increasingly come to believe that he is the only source of truth, she said, they will be primed to believe his claims of a stolen election.

"What Trump is doing is, he's asking for personal loyalty to him to outweigh the rule of law,"

"What jumped out to me is that we finally have a structural understanding of the way lies can undermine democracy, of the way trust is central for our democracy," he said. "Democracy relies on faith in its institutions and laws. Otherwise, there's no stability."

Glad to see a liberal article explaining what I've been saying. Of course it'll go right in one ear and out the other

The media DOES lie, you fucking retard. Good grief.

Forum List

Back