CNN: Harris Is Lying, There Is No Price-Gouging, Only Inflation

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
When you’ve lost CNN….

The other thing that I picked up on today was this whole notion that price gouging or gauging as she called it is what people are feeling. That is a total canard. This is not true. This is made up because they're trying to deflect attention from the actual inflation that has caused everything in your life to get more expensive. So they need the American people to believe something other than the truth, there is no price gouging. Grocery stores, these things, they operate on very slim profit margins. There is no gouging, there is just inflation.

So to go out and say, I'm going to get the federal government involved in setting prices are capping prices or interrupting the flow of the free market economy — let me tell you something. If you like, bread lines, product shortages, black markets, hoarding, if you want to recreate the happy economic conditions of The Walking Dead, Kamala Harris has a plan for you.

The bottom line is, the Republicans are going to be all over this. It's not smart and its a plan from a ticket that has no private sector experience and no — and no interest whatsoever and taking responsibility for everything they have done to plunge the working class of the United States of America and do an economic crisis.

When you’ve lost CNN….

The other thing that I picked up on today was this whole notion that price gouging or gauging as she called it is what people are feeling. That is a total canard. This is not true. This is made up because they're trying to deflect attention from the actual inflation that has caused everything in your life to get more expensive. So they need the American people to believe something other than the truth, there is no price gouging. Grocery stores, these things, they operate on very slim profit margins. There is no gouging, there is just inflation.

So to go out and say, I'm going to get the federal government involved in setting prices are capping prices or interrupting the flow of the free market economy — let me tell you something. If you like, bread lines, product shortages, black markets, hoarding, if you want to recreate the happy economic conditions of The Walking Dead, Kamala Harris has a plan for you.

The bottom line is, the Republicans are going to be all over this. It's not smart and its a plan from a ticket that has no private sector experience and no — and no interest whatsoever and taking responsibility for everything they have done to plunge the working class of the United States of America and do an economic crisis.

The cackler has opened her well used piehole, let the games begin.

No one who has had a course in Economics and paid attention uses the expression "price gouging." Enterprises which exist for the purpose of making a profit (aka "the Real World") STRIVE to find circumstances where they can "gouge" their customers. They strive to differentiate their products so that they can sell them for higher prices. Sometimes the differentiation is significant enough to warrant a patent, sometimes it remains proprietary technology, sometimes it is "smoke and mirrors."

The case of pharmaceuticals may present a different situation because of certain unique characteristics. YOUR DOCTOR tells you (in effect, demands) to buy a certain product, which may be the most expensive alternative, and he tells you this because some Pharma salesman has sold him on the drug in question. This is NOT the free market at work. Our legislatures have been working on this problem for generations, and there is no easy solution. If a patented product is indeed "miraculous" (it does happen), then the developer of that product is entitled to sole-source pricing. That's the way our economy works. Sorry.

When you’ve lost CNN….

For months now they have told us that inflation is totally under control. Now, all of a sudden since Biden is out of the picture, the high inflation which they have denied, is the fault of greedy companies.

For months now they have told us that inflation is totally under control. Now, all of a sudden since Biden is out of the picture, the high inflation which they have denied, is the fault of greedy companies.
IMG_4369.jpeg

Forum List

Back