CNN: Muslim shooters had links to known terrorists; Obama: "May have been a mixed motive" though.

This is beginning to be just like Benghazi.

Why? Has someone started a politically motivated inquiry?
no...people died due to muzzie terrorists and the gvt is trying to deflect again

I keep saying that it's going to take a united World effort (Including the West's Sunni/Shia so called "allies") against ISIS. They're the human equivalent of filthy, ubiquitous, hard to control, almost impossible to eradicate cockroaches. If America is to lead that fight and I think it'll have to, there has to be a minimum level of agreement amongst yourselves. For example there's one reality I think must be acknowledged by the left and the right that could remove one issue from the cycle of recrimination/counter-recrimination. That reality is, "bad things happen" in a free society. Unless you want to jettison all liberty and rights there's always going to be a danger that some evil-doer is going to abuse those rights and blow something up or shoot someone. Neither gun control nor crushingly restrictive immigration laws will end San Bernardino type events absolutely. If you're at all a fan of Bill O'Reilly he might sound more convincing than me;

If you want to skip to about 10:20 he emphasizes the point and then again at about 11:20.

Don't try to kid yourselves that this candidate or that one is going to prevent every act of terror, ain't going to happen. The blame game played here is fun to a point but it certainly doesn't produce results.

It will take people like me. And soccer moms, bakers, plumbers on and on that will kill these Islamic Muslim terrorist. Obama will NOT save you, but you can hope people like me do

-Geaux

I'm not now, or haven't ever been "hoping" for someone to "save" me. If at any point I should decide I need to look for someone to "save" me, the smartest, savviest people would be at the top of the list. Going through the list checking off possible candidates I'd probably get to people in your category eventually.

And who would be foremost on your list

-Geaux

'CNN: Muslim shooters had links to known terrorists; Obama: "May have been a mixed motive" though.'

More lies from the right.

The investigation is still ongoing – no determination has be made as to motive or motives or links to 'terrorist organizations.'

The lack of facts and evidence doesn't keep most on the reprehensible right from trying to exploit the tragedy for some perceived partisan gain.

No doubt the right will exploit this to the hilt. Unfortunately it does give them fodder for fear mongering and their reactionary xenophobia. The left has to be careful not to over-intellectualize the motives for this San Bernardino attack too much right now. We sometimes try to bore into issues too deeply and end up losing relevancy with John Q. Public. Obama is susceptible to "over-thinking" issues to the point of appearing indecisive. Nothing wrong with saying "ISIS and its domestic counterparts are a clear and present danger that we must fight to the death, their death". We can worry about motives and the necessary tactics and strategy of that fight when the dust settles. Let's not give Trump and his ilk a soap box and megaphone monopoly.

If the moron Obama doesn't recognized the problem it can't be fixed.

Forum List

Back