CNN/ORC Poll: Donald Trump dominates GOP field at 41%

He leads among both men and women, younger and older voters, white evangelicals, conservatives and both self-identified Republicans and independents who lean toward the party.

That is saying a lot!

That does say a lot. White people love Trump.
I guess, to you, that makes him bad. He's only good if he sticks it to Whitey, right?

Nobody has to stick it to anybody, but why does every significant minority seem to always vote Democrat? Let me guess. They are promised free stuff. That must be why Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat, despite Republicans constantly claiming Democrats hate Israel. Maybe certain groups are tired of the GOP telling them that they are too simple-minded to think for themselves.

Why do you think whites always vote republican?

He leads among both men and women, younger and older voters, white evangelicals, conservatives and both self-identified Republicans and independents who lean toward the party.

That is saying a lot!

I guess, to you, that makes him bad. He's only good if he sticks it to Whitey, right?

It did sound like he meant it as a "bad thing", right?
That's pretty clear. Now he's trying to walk back his statement.

Cuz pointing out the fact that a vast majority of his supporters are white is almost exactly like saying "stick it to whitey". :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the vast majority of his supporters being white?

That is saying a lot!

Nobody has to stick it to anybody, but why does every significant minority seem to always vote Democrat? Let me guess. They are promised free stuff. That must be why Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat, despite Republicans constantly claiming Democrats hate Israel. Maybe certain groups are tired of the GOP telling them that they are too simple-minded to think for themselves.

Whites don't always vote Republican. The Democrats have never had a problem drawing in whites. The party who has consistently had trouble drawing in every demographic but one are the ones who should be asking themselves that question.

That is saying a lot!

Whites don't always vote Republican. The Democrats have never had a problem drawing in whites. The party who has consistently had trouble drawing in every demographic but one are the ones who should be asking themselves that question.

There has been plenty of discussion of that, inside and outside of the GOP.

What is never asked is the opposite.

Dems never WIN the majority of the white vote. Why do you think that is?

That is saying a lot!

It did sound like he meant it as a "bad thing", right?
That's pretty clear. Now he's trying to walk back his statement.

Cuz pointing out the fact that a vast majority of his supporters are white is almost exactly like saying "stick it to whitey". :rolleyes:
:dig:

And Hillary dominates Trump in national polls.

Is this the master plan? Nominate Trump to let Hillary win?
I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary supporters were donating to Trump's campaign. Trump is exactly what Hillary needs to energize Democrat voters. Gallup finds among all registered voters Trump is very unpopular among both Democrats and Independents nationwide. Gallup also finds that Trump is not even the favorite among likely Republican voters nationwide.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary supporters were donating to Trump's campaign. Trump is exactly what Hillary needs to energize Democrat voters. Gallup finds among all registered voters Trump is very unpopular among both Democrats and Independents nationwide. Gallup also finds that Trump is not even the favorite among likely Republican voters nationwide.
Sure, that's why his closest Republican challenger is behind by double digits nationwide. :lol:

Trump's lead is clearly significant, however, and the poll finds him well ahead of the field among a range of GOP subgroups. He leads among both men and women, younger and older voters, white evangelicals, conservatives and both self-identified Republicans and independents who lean toward the party.
There are two subgroups where Trump's lead is less dominant: college graduates and tea party supporters. Even among those groups, however, he remains at the head of the pack. Among those holding degrees, 26% back Trump, 20% Cruz, and tea party supporters split 37% for Trump, 34% for Cruz.
As Iowa shifts, national views stable

Trump's supporters are more likely than those backing other candidates to say that they've definitely made up their mind (70% of Trump's supporters say they are locked in compared with 40% who back other candidates).

Powered by Pivit
And the prospect of a Trump candidacy generates more enthusiasm overall (40% of Republican voters say they would be enthusiastic about a Trump nomination) than the possibility of Cruz (25% enthusiastic) or Rubio (18% enthusiastic) at the head of the ticket.
Donald Trump dominates GOP field, hits 41% - CNNPolitics.com

That is saying a lot!

I am so happy to see Ted Cruz numbers go down, he is a snake...
I am so excited to see Trump getting the nomination.. That is what the news is saying..:beer:

GOPers Call Trump the Likely Winner; His Lead Stays Big, With Cruz Behind (POLL)

Sure, that's why his closest Republican challenger is behind by double digits nationwide. :lol:
You are interpreting likely Republican primary voters which constitute only about 9% of eligible Republicans with all likely voters. The later includes Democrats and Independents as well as Republicans throughout the country.

You are interpreting likely Republican primary voters which constitute only about 9% of eligible Republicans with all likely voters. The later includes Democrats and Independents as well as Republicans throughout the country.

Dude. YOu're all over the place.

You stated that "Trump is not the favorite among likely Republican voters nationwide ".

SJ pointed out that he is far ahead of his Republican opponents.

Which is a valid response to your claim.

THen you switch to talking about the General Election.

Which does NOT defend your original claim.

You stated that "Trump is not the favorite among likely Republican voters nationwide ".

He's just flailing desperately, swinging wildly in the dark, trying to hit something.

"CNN/ORC Poll: Donald Trump dominates GOP field at 41%"

Meaning a majority of Republicans don't support him.
No, it means there are a lot of candidates in single digits. As they drop out for lack of money, his numbers will climb. Can you do math?

Trump is ahead in polls of likely primary voters who are almost 100% Republicans. These polls do not reflect the opinion of democrats, independents, or for that matter most Republicans. Primary voters are only about 9% of likely voters.

During the Dec. 1-Jan. 11 time period, Trump's overall image was 33% favorable and 58% unfavorable, for a net favorable rating of -25. Among "pure" Republicans, Trump's net favorable rating was +27 -- sixth out of the nine GOP candidates we are tracking. But the new analysis shows how deeply negative Trump's image is among Americans who don't identify as Republicans, with a net favorable rating of -70 among Democrats and -27 among independents, by far the most negative of any candidate. In short, most people just don't like the guy.

[FONT=aktiv-grotesk-std, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trump's Image Among Democrats, Independents Most Negative of Any GOP Candidate[/FONT]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back