Cohen subpoenaed in NY state WED in multi-agency probe of TRUMP Foundation

centerleftFL

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2018
Poor Donny, he just can't catch a break. Except ALL 3 of his kids are NAMED. "STUNNINGLY UNUSUAL", upon getting the subpoena, COHEN walk down to the NY agency himself, apparently leaving EVERYONE there flabbergasted.

Michael Cohen subpoenaed in New York state probe of Trump foundation

• By LUCIEN BRUGGEMAN
  • LAUREN PEARLE
Aug 22, 2018, 8:04 PM ET

michael-cohen-gty-mt-180822_hpMain_12x5_992.jpg

Yana Paskova/Getty Images, FILE

Michael Cohen, the former lawyer to President Donald Trump, exits the Federal Courthouse, Aug. 21, 2018, in New York City.
State investigators in New York issued a subpoena to Michael Cohen on Wednesday as part of an ongoing multi-agency investigation into the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a spokesperson with the state's department of taxation and finance told ABC News.

The subpoena for Cohen arrived less than 24 hours after the former fixer and personal attorney to President Donald Trump pleaded guilty to two charges of campaign finance violations related to the Trump campaign.

An official with the office of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo told ABC News that shortly after Cohen was served the subpoena, he reached out to the NY department of taxation and finance to ask when they could schedule a time to talk.

(MORE: Michael Cohen, Trump’s former longtime personal attorney, pleads guilty to illegal campaign contributions 'at the direction of a candidate for federal office')
The New York attorney general's office, a separate New York state agency, filed a lawsuit in June accusing Trump's charitable foundation of having "operated in persistent violation of state and federal law governing New York State charities" for more than a decade by paying off legal bills with charitable funds, promoting Trump hotels, and purchasing personal items.
The lawsuit targets Trump and three of his children – Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric – and seeks to dissolve the private New York-based foundation and prevent the Trumps from serving as directors of any nonprofits in the future.

Michael Cohen subpoenaed in probe of Trump foundation

I wonder if Schneiderman was being blackmailed as the AG's of NY had to of known this crap before, all the big players that tax evaded and ran self serving foundations. Trump Foundation comes to mind. Too bad that Underwood is not seeking re-election.

I wonder if Schneiderman was being blackmailed as the AG's of NY had to of known this crap before, all the big players that tax evaded and ran self serving foundations. Trump Foundation comes to mind. Too bad that Underwood is not seeking re-election.

Now that's an angle I hadn't thought of! I heard this new woman AG of NY is a skilled litigator. She argued 8 or 9 cases in front of the Supreme Court. Maddow was rattling off all the agencies FED and of course in NY that were sent documents around this.

I'm sad for the kids. KIDS are kids. And it takes a helluva lot of GALL and CONTEMPT (or fear) for boys to turn against fathers. It's just the way it is.

They already investigated the Trump Foundation back in 2016. They must like repeating themselves.

But you just keep on drooling you'll dehydrate eventually. LOL

Forum List

Back