Collective bargaining "rights"??

Because he doesn't have to. he doesn't need any other reason. So I guess your willing to admit now that while their is a right to seek collective bargaining, there is no right to actually be engaged in it.

That's technically correct, he doesn't have to.

Instead he can see his capitol besieged with 70K protesters for weeks and watch his government crumble. He's looking more and more like his own worst enemy. Such a shame.

I'll give that one, bennie boy.

Great point. Why won't Walker bargain with the union?

Good call, stupid.

Hmm When did the good folks of Wisconsin elect the union leadership to the state legislature in order that the Governor would have to "bargain" with them over legislative business? Got an election date to share with the rest of us?

Deflection.

Why won't Walker bargain with the union?

Fear? Is he afraid of Limbaugh like all the bagged out losers?

Thank you for this post. At least now we know that your argument up until this point has been totally hollow.

Hmm When did the good folks of Wisconsin elect the union leadership to the state legislature in order that the Governor would have to "bargain" with them over legislative business? Got an election date to share with the rest of us?

Deflection.

Why won't Walker bargain with the union?

Fear? Is he afraid of Limbaugh like all the bagged out losers?

Thank you for this post. At least now we know that your argument up until this point has been totally hollow.

You're welcome.

Because he doesn't have to. he doesn't need any other reason. So I guess your willing to admit now that while their is a right to seek collective bargaining, there is no right to actually be engaged in it.

Instead he can see his capitol besieged with 70K protesters for weeks and watch his government crumble. He's looking more and more like his own worst enemy. Such a shame.

The 70,000 was an estimate, much of that was bussed in from out of state by the DNC, and also was the opposition. But you're dead wrong about Walker's government crumbling. In fact just the opposite is true here in Wisconsin. The longer this protest goes on and the POS coward dems stay hidden out of state, the more the good people of the state of Wisconsin are getting pissed off at the unions and the dems. Walker is GAINING support, not losing it.

But with a name like JohnnyApplesack... sheeezuz... that's a good one...
hahaha-024.gif

It will be freakin' hilarious if the Dems get booted and Republicans are voted in to replace them. :lol:

Why should he? It's not his job to "bargain with the union"

Yes it is. They work for the state of Wisconsin.

Pay attention, stupid.[/QUOTE
No, it isn't. And are the unions currently negotiating their state contracts? You need to attempt to focus on the current issue. The LEGISLATURE is debating legislation that would change state law. Which union bosses have been elected to the state legislature in that they must be included in the process? If the unions want representation with the Governor, then perhaps they should call their run away Democrat senators to get their asses back to the Capitol and represent them.

Last edited:
Does the US Constitution ban collective bargaining?

I thought these corporate water carriers/teabaggers were bigtime Constitution fans, no?

WTF?

Wingnuts like to ignore what they don't like in the U.S. Constitution, perhaps instead of just keeping a copy in their back pockets and sitting on it, they should actually read it.

By default, the Constitution grants all rights not enumerated:

Article [IX]
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
perhaps you could enlighten us all with the section that mandates anyone MUST negotiate with a union? Yes you can form one and no-one can stop you. yes you can have as its purpose "collective bargaining", no, you cannot force anyone to bargain with you.

I wasn't aware that there was a UNION NEGOTIATION CLAUSE either... ;)

Are people so blind that they cannot see what is happening in other parts of the country. The states that are "Right to Work" states are booming, have jobs available and have the lowest tax rates. States that are "Union" are losing population (heading to the states mentioned earlier), taxes are higher and job growth is DEAD!

The unions have long outlived their usefulness.

When there is a better way of doing things looking you right in the eye you need to pay attention.

CHANGE is not a 4 letter word.

What are you high on?!?!

The economies of the Right-to-work states are in the dumps. Only a handful of the industrial centers in the Union States are doing poorly - and those are getting better fast.

Hell, we barely even have a real estate slump here in the Northeast.

The only migration is the elderly - like always - and that just for the weather.

i believe there are several large low paying employers who provide HCI that does not meet the criteria for being considered "adequate" under the new rules (not enough coverage)

There are plans that can't meet the annual limit thresholds being phased in between now and 2014. That's why some plans are applying for waivers (the union-related share is about 700,000 covered lives or about a third). In just over two and a half years when people can start buying coverage through exchanges, those plans will cease to exist.

The insinuations that these are 1) waivers of more than one sentence of the law
and? Which sentence of the statutes against murder and robbery should we exempt people from?
2) applicable to all unions or even exclusively to unions,
when did I ever insinuate such a thing? Oh, thats right... I didn't
3) permanent,
Go back to "and?" and read again
and 4) being denied to non-administration supporters, are all false.
and you inferred that from any post of mine... where?

union policies I believe are exempted from the "gold plated" tax on excessive coverage.

No, they aren't.
according to everthing I've read they are

Under the terms of the proposed deal, the threshold for families would be raised to $24,000, and would exempt certain benefits like vision and dental, according to a Democratic source.

Collectively bargained plans would be exempted until 2017, to provide workers with a real opportunity to renegotiate their benefits packages, which were designed under current law and excluded from taxation.
Unions Negotiate Exemption From Cadillac Tax

And are the unions currently negotiating their state contracts? .

They offered to do just that. Walker refused.

You only watch Fixed News there, tiger?

wow

Again, Walker has no need to negotiate with the Unions in any form or fashion right now. IF the unions want representation in the legislative process, they need to find the run away Dems whose campaigns they finance. You seem to be having a really hard time understanding this. Why is that?

Your assertion that a few thousand (not 70) protesters will bring his "government down" is yet unproven, and likely will never be proven. The voters have spoken, and thier votes count more than your whining.

Why should he? It's not his job to "bargain with the union"

Yes it is. They work for the state of Wisconsin.

Pay attention, stupid.
The members work for the state, the "union" doesn't work for anybody and the state is under no legal obligation to negotiate with them.

I already agreed the sate isn't mandated to negotiate with the union.

I also pointed out Walker is afraid to do so, and his fear has produced an uprising in his Capital, with plenty more to come. If he'd like to see his bullshit regime collapse, I say bring it on.

Got it yet?

Forum List

Back