Collective bargaining "rights"??

Does the US Constitution ban collective bargaining?

I thought these corporate water carriers/teabaggers were bigtime Constitution fans, no?

WTF?

Wingnuts like to ignore what they don't like in the U.S. Constitution, perhaps instead of just keeping a copy in their back pockets and sitting on it, they should actually read it.

By default, the Constitution grants all rights not enumerated:

Article [IX]
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

My Lord, you are as idiotic as the Sack. :lol:

No one is saying Unions can't gather.

Please show me where Unions are required to be listened to.

Last edited:
You keep trying this silly canard, and it keeps failing miserably. No-one has suggested that it does.

You didn't say earlier there is no 'right' to collectively bargain?

If not, my bad. Must've been another corporate water carrier.

No one has here. You just want to be wound tight and get pissed by what the libs are telling you to be mad about.

You keep trying this silly canard, and it keeps failing miserably. No-one has suggested that it does.

No one has here. You just want to be wound tight and get pissed by what the libs are telling you to be mad about.

So you agree workers have the right to organize?

Then why do you hate democracy?

then your complaint is not with what he's doing, its with the fact that your side lost an election with the full knowledge that he was going to do it.

My "side" won the election, I'm a Republican and support the measures that bring about fiscal responsibility and have no issue with public sector employees shouldering contributions to retirement and health insurance.

The proposal does not negate their collective bargaining rights, its subjects the agreements to voter approval.

Funny that's not what SB-11 says...

"This bill limits the right to collectively bargain for all
employees who are not public safety employees (general employees) to the subject of
base wages. (LINK)"

In the past collective bargaining has applied to insurance, working conditions, disciplinary actions, retirement eligibility, professional leave, etc...

Those areas (plus I'm sure others) are being removed through the legislation.

>>>>

Does the US Constitution ban collective bargaining?

I thought these corporate water carriers/teabaggers were bigtime Constitution fans, no?

WTF?

Wingnuts like to ignore what they don't like in the U.S. Constitution, perhaps instead of just keeping a copy in their back pockets and sitting on it, they should actually read it.

Article [IX]
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

WTF? You didn't know the workers must vote in the union?

Did Ailes instruct ya otherwise, ya bagged out loser?

Workers can organize to their hearts content. What does that have to do with democracy?

The Governor was voted in, the Union Bosses don't represent the entire population.

Exempted from what?
Provisions of the law.

Hope that clears it up for you!

It does. I was curious to know if you have any idea what you're talking about.

Mystery solved.
apparently you have none as what I said is factually correct, for instance i believe there are several large low paying employers who provide HCI that does not meet the criteria for being considered "adequate" under the new rules (not enough coverage), union policies I believe are exempted from the "gold plated" tax on excessive coverage. if you want the particulars of what any one entity is exempted from... feel free to go find out.

So in a way yes, a mystery was solved, the mystery of whether you believe in the concept of "equal treatment under the law", although to be sure, I'm not sure whether it was much of a mystery. Next time.... maybe you should do your homework before you come to class.

Article [IX]

WTF? You didn't know the workers must vote in the union?

Did Ailes instruct ya otherwise, ya bagged out loser?

I think you are on drugs.

(1)Workers can organize to their hearts content. What does that have to do with democracy?

(2)The Governor was voted in, the Union Bosses don't represent the entire population.

Two responses:

(1) Shops are unionized via the democratic process, stupid. Catch a freakin clue.

(2) Did Walker even mention destroying gub'mint unions when he ran for office?

Just because some asshole gets elected doesn't mean he can do as he pleases once in office.

What country are you posting from?

Once again you're confused. There is an absolute right to form a union with the INTENT to collectively bargain. There is NO right to actually be engaged by another party in it. Your desire to collectively bargain does not compel anyone to bargain with you.

Psssstttt... bargaining (collectively or otherwise) requires TWO parties willing to negotiate, not one parties desire to do so.

Psssstttt... bargaining (collectively or otherwise) requires TWO parties willing to negotiate, not one parties desire to do so.

Great point. Why won't Walker bargain with the union?

Good call, stupid.

Hmm When did the good folks of Wisconsin elect the union leadership to the state legislature in order that the Governor would have to "bargain" with them over legislative business? Got an election date to share with the rest of us?

My "side" won the election, I'm a Republican and support the measures that bring about fiscal responsibility and have no issue with public sector employees shouldering contributions to retirement and health insurance.
My bad and my appologies, I misunderstood your post.

The proposal does not negate their collective bargaining rights, its subjects the agreements to voter approval.

Funny that's not what SB-11 says...

"This bill limits the right to collectively bargain for all
employees who are not public safety employees (general employees) to the subject of
base wages. (LINK)"

In the past collective bargaining has applied to insurance, working conditions, disciplinary actions, retirement eligibility, professional leave, etc...

Those areas (plus I'm sure others) are being removed through the legislation.

>>>>
I believe that is an incorrect reading of the bill, they will retain the right to collectively bargain about wages, the bill prohibits the STATE from entertaining any collective baragaining negotiations with regard to the other areas. I don't believe it will be illegal for them to ask, or to bring it up, it will just be ineffectual as the state will no longer entertain such negotiations... and they don't have to.

That said I will research the bill, because I could be wrong and if I am I'll admit it promptly.

hmmm...

Last edited:

Good call, stupid.

Hmm When did the good folks of Wisconsin elect the union leadership to the state legislature in order that the Governor would have to "bargain" with them over legislative business? Got an election date to share with the rest of us?

Deflection.

Why won't Walker bargain with the union?

Fear? Is he afraid of Limbaugh like all the bagged out losers?

i believe there are several large low paying employers who provide HCI that does not meet the criteria for being considered "adequate" under the new rules (not enough coverage)

There are plans that can't meet the annual limit thresholds being phased in between now and 2014. That's why some plans are applying for waivers (the union-related share is about 700,000 covered lives or about a third). In just over two and a half years when people can start buying coverage through exchanges, those plans will cease to exist.

The insinuations that these are 1) waivers of more than one sentence of the law, 2) applicable to all unions or even exclusively to unions, 3) permanent, and 4) being denied to non-administration supporters, are all false.

union policies I believe are exempted from the "gold plated" tax on excessive coverage.

No, they aren't.

Good call, stupid.

Deflection.

Why won't Walker bargain with the union?

Fear? Is he afraid of Limbaugh like all the bagged out losers?

Why should he? It's not his job to "bargain with the union", unless he's redoing their contracts. Where do you find that in his job duties?

Good call, stupid.
Because he doesn't have to. he doesn't need any other reason. So I guess your willing to admit now that while their is a right to seek collective bargaining, there is no right to actually be engaged in it.

Forum List

Back