College football playoffs and bowls were aweful

How many National Championships did Sabin win for MSU? None? Well that's why Harbaugh went from Stanford to Michigan. Better chance at Michigan.

Actually he went from Stanford to the 49ers, where he got fired. Then Michigan hired him.

It ain't exactly easy to win titles at Michigan either. They've got one since 1950. Hell Auburn has more than that, and they're a mediocre program in the SEC.

We got 2.
8 more we tie Bama.
Michigan has the most all-time wins and the second highest winning percentage in college football history behind Notre Dame

13 more. Keep up.
Let's just say you bama fans aren't winning over new fans with your tudes. I'll be rooting against them now.

Then hope that Urban can create another team to beat them. He is one of a select few coaches on a very short list who can get the job done. Otherwise, Bama will win championships for the next decade.
Harbaugh factor

What else is Alabama known for?

I think they lead the nation in National Championship appearances in gymnastics. They've had a pretty decent baseball team over the years (5 times to the College World Series). In basketball, they've never won a natty but they're always fairly decent and have produced some of the top NBA players... Mo Williams, Robert Horry, Reggie King, Ennis Whatley, James Robinson, Antonio McDyess, Latrell Sprewell, Gerald Wallace... just to name a few. Golf team has won nattys, softball has won... women's soccer and volleyball have both competed for national championships.

But we're in a very competitive conference. In gymnastics for example, if Bama isn't winning the natty, Florida is. Hard to beat out Kentucky in basketball. Florida, LSU and Miss St. are all very competitive nationally in baseball.

Yep.. Run away from the conversation about who dominates in college football and start crowing about other sports! That's what you need to do because you won't ever be as great as Bama in football. :lmao:
Michigan has the 5th most national championships if you count all sports. Over 1300. Bama I didn't even see on the list. And I bet graduates of uofm make more than bama grads.

It must be embarrassing to have to try so many different angles to feel better about your school. Other sports...guessing about pay for the grads... All because you have tried to demean a top team. Laughable.

Why? We have no desire to do so. Name me the last team in Michigan to win....hell anything meaningful in football. Pro or college.
I saw Michigan win a championship. Granted I think they split it with another team that year. Lol.

The lions use to win before Superbowl. Same with bama. Let's start counting now that we have a playoff. Who won last year?

And when did bama ever win a basketball championship? I've seen uofm and msu do it. Let me know if bama ever even makes the final 4.

Let me know when you want to stick with the actual topic, which is the football playoffs.

And Ohio State won last year. But the Crimson Tide made teh playoffs. Where was Michigan or Michigan State?
You guys brought up swimming and baseball.

I looked up which schools have the most national championships combined and bama ain't on the list. Michigan is number 5. So you can have just football. It's all you got and all you do so you better do it well.

So you are o for 1 in the playoff era.

Yes, we lost in the playoff last year. But neither UofM nor MSU was even IN the playoffs last year. And we certainly weren't completely humiliated like MSU was.

Once again, the topic is the college football playoffs.
If you didn't win you aren't the best.

And you lost to a 3rd string qb. Pretty embarrassing.

You're either first or last. Will farrell

At least we were in the game.

And that "3rd string qb" won the championship. Where was Connor Cook?

What else is Alabama known for?

I think they lead the nation in National Championship appearances in gymnastics. They've had a pretty decent baseball team over the years (5 times to the College World Series). In basketball, they've never won a natty but they're always fairly decent and have produced some of the top NBA players... Mo Williams, Robert Horry, Reggie King, Ennis Whatley, James Robinson, Antonio McDyess, Latrell Sprewell, Gerald Wallace... just to name a few. Golf team has won nattys, softball has won... women's soccer and volleyball have both competed for national championships.

But we're in a very competitive conference. In gymnastics for example, if Bama isn't winning the natty, Florida is. Hard to beat out Kentucky in basketball. Florida, LSU and Miss St. are all very competitive nationally in baseball.

Yep.. Run away from the conversation about who dominates in college football and start crowing about other sports! That's what you need to do because you won't ever be as great as Bama in football. :lmao:
Michigan has the 5th most national championships if you count all sports. Over 1300. Bama I didn't even see on the list. And I bet graduates of uofm make more than bama grads.

It must be embarrassing to have to try so many different angles to feel better about your school. Other sports...guessing about pay for the grads... All because you have tried to demean a top team. Laughable.
Okay so I just googled top colleges and both U of M and Michigan State we're on the list but I didn't see bama anywhere

Bama is 2 for 2 making the playoffs and Michigan is 0 for 2.

Let's take a trip down memory lane.. the last time the Tide played the Wolverines...

Silly boob... why don't you make a call to the AD at Michigan and have him schedule Bama to open the season again? We'd love to play you guys!

Actually he went from Stanford to the 49ers, where he got fired. Then Michigan hired him.

It ain't exactly easy to win titles at Michigan either. They've got one since 1950. Hell Auburn has more than that, and they're a mediocre program in the SEC.

We got 2.
8 more we tie Bama.
Michigan has the most all-time wins and the second highest winning percentage in college football history behind Notre Dame

13 more. Keep up.
Let's just say you bama fans aren't winning over new fans with your tudes. I'll be rooting against them now.

Then hope that Urban can create another team to beat them. He is one of a select few coaches on a very short list who can get the job done. Otherwise, Bama will win championships for the next decade.
Harbaugh factor

The reason you are getting the responses you are, is that we have heard it before.

We have heard:
Florida will stay on top of the SEC.
LSU is coming up and will replace Bama at the top.
Notre Dame is the new powerhouse in college football.
Guz Malzahn will take the dynasty away from Saban.
Urban Meyer is back and will replace Saban as the top college coach.

*yawn*. We are still here. FL got killed, LSU hasn't beaten us in years, Notre Dame was exposed, and Gus took the aubbies to the B'ham Bowl.

Old news.

Bama is 2 for 2 making the playoffs and Michigan is 0 for 2.

Let's take a trip down memory lane.. the last time the Tide played the Wolverines...

Silly boob... why don't you make a call to the AD at Michigan and have him schedule Bama to open the season again? We'd love to play you guys!

That was a great game!

If you think players select their schools based solely on the head coach, you are wrong.

But if they did, Nick Saban would be every players logical choice. More championships than any active coach. More players in the NFL than anyone but USC. And has not been out pf the AP Top 10 since 2007.
A. Not everyone can play for Nick

B. Jim and uofm can get anyone to the pros if they are good enough.

C. You can bet bama cheats. No other explanation for all that winning.

D. Id rather play for Florida Miami or USC

E. I've seen uofm and msu compete or win basketball and football championships. You guys have this one thing. What else is Alabama known for?

C. Makes you sound like a envious loser.
Bama sucks and they cheat. Everyone knows

:lmao:

Look at it this way in 2017 you can celebrate your 2nd and last championship 20 years ago then in 2018 you can celebrate your 1st Championship which was 1948.

Meanwhile Alabama will have 3 more championships to add to their collection.

Now, if you have evidence of cheating please tell us what it is, otherwise we will all confirm what we suspected. That you are a poor loser.

Last edited:
If you think players select their schools based solely on the head coach, you are wrong.

But if they did, Nick Saban would be every players logical choice. More championships than any active coach. More players in the NFL than anyone but USC. And has not been out pf the AP Top 10 since 2007.

E. I've seen uofm and msu compete or win basketball and football championships. You guys have this one thing. What else is Alabama known for?

Michigan is ranked 21st best school in the country. Michigan State is 66th. Alabama is # 92.

Best Colleges - College Rankings

Michigan is ranked 21st best school in the country. Michigan State is 66th. Alabama is # 92.

Where is your proof Bama cheats?

And that relates to the college football playoffs how?

The Crimson Tide had an NCAA record 29 players who had already gotten their degree dress out for our first bowl game. How many grads did Michigan have ready to play?

He has no proof. He makes the claim based on the fact the Alabama has won so many games. He believes that is proof. Of course, he also bragged that Harbaugh will have Michigan winning as many games. So I guess he thinks Harbaugh will cheat.

There isn't I'm just kidding! Get over yourselves. What a bunch of waaaamabama you guys are.

He has no proof. He makes the claim based on the fact the Alabama has won so many games. He believes that is proof. Of course, he also bragged that Harbaugh will have Michigan winning as many games. So I guess he thinks Harbaugh will cheat.
Of course they cheat. Clearly they cheat the best. I'll tell you who doesn't cheat, MSU. Even UofM cheats. Remember Chris Webber and the Fab 5?

My cousin transferred from one big school to MSU. I won't say what school because then you'll know who I am, but the point is my cousin was paid at the school he left. When he tried to get paid at MSU, the coach said "we don't pay here".

CLEARLY Bama cheats. They must buy all dem boys hookers and dinners and trips and cars and ohhh I bet it is great to play for Bama. They are bigger than god in Alabama. I've seen those movies about podunk towns down south where all there is is football. I can just imagine. The ones that don't go pro go work on daddy's farm. Sittin on a John Deere all day talkin bout the good old days. You shouldn't peak in college.

Turns out maybe there is some truth to it.

Once upon a time, Alabama dodged the NCAA's biggest bullet: Ron Higgins

Thirteen years ago, Yeager was serving as the NCAA infractions committee chairman. The case in front of him was an Alabama booster unabashedly buying the services of Memphis football prospect Albert Means of Trezevant High.

Kirk said that he and Trezevant head coach Lynn Lang conspired in 1999 to sell Means, a blue-chip defensive tackle, to the highest bidder. Kirk said that highest bidder was Memphis businessman and Alabama booster Logan Young, and that he paid Lang $200,000 to ensure Means would sign a National Letter of Intent with Alabama in February 2000, which he did.

The Crimson Tide had an NCAA record 29 players who had already gotten their degree dress out for our first bowl game. How many grads did Michigan have ready to play?
Sure when they pass them without them doing any work.

It was shocking how easy it was to confirm what Kirk alleged. As soon as Gary told us his story, I called then-Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt who tried to recruit Means.

I expected the usual "no comment." Nutt never hesitated confirming it was true.

"Yep, Lynn Lang asked us for $200,000 for Albert Means," Nutt said.

Though others eventually testified that Means was paid $30,000 from Lang's $200,000 asking price, Means always denied that. The only thing Means ever confirmed was Lang had someone else take the ACT for him.

Forum List

Back