Collusion?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
What is the difference between Jnrs meeting Russians to get dirt on Mrs Clinton and her paying for a dirty dossier on Trump ?

It seems like they are both playing the same game from where I am sitting.

Well...the difference is some of the American MSM promoted the dossier as if it were true, and it was used as a basis for implementing a special counsel...ie. the Mueller investigation.

The is no investigation of Hillary ongoing, though she clearly is a criminal. There is an investigation ongoing of Trump.

What is the difference between Jnrs meeting Russians to get dirt on Mrs Clinton and her paying for a dirty dossier on Trump ?

The difference is the way they went about it. Opposition research is a shady part of politics. So what you do is you hire a law firm, who has people on the books who conduct such research and know the legal limits of how to do it. What you want and need is separation. You need it for three reasons. First reason is political, you want to be able to say that you know nothing about what has been done to get the information. Second reason is legal, the same applies, liability stops at the law firm. The third reason is self preservation, if you don't conduct your opposition research in this manner, you expose yourself to potential blackmail

Thank you. I still dont think it should be acceptable. Surely its the job of the press to highlight this sort of crap ?

Thank you. I still dont think it should be acceptable. Surely its the job of the press to highlight this sort of crap ?
You won't get an argument from me. I just gave an honest answer to what I assumed was an honest question. I'm just glad it was perceived that way.

You won't get an argument from me. I just gave an honest answer to what I assumed was an honest question. I'm just glad it was perceived that way.
Well its given me a better understanding of the issue. It looks like stupidity rather than criminality in that respect.

Its difficult to see the wood from the trees over here.

Without knowing what Mueller has it strikes me that Team Trump now has a number of people on trial for various
offences and that a number of them had strong links to Russia.

Trump must have been aware of this. I can also see his attractions for Putin.

His opposition to the Mueller investigation also makes him look guilty. A proper President would want to stop Russian interference.

People getting dirt on opponents has happened forever and is not illegal.........

Well its given me a better understanding of the issue. It looks like stupidity rather than criminality in that respect.

Its difficult to see the wood from the trees over here.

Without knowing what Mueller has it strikes me that Team Trump now has a number of people on trial for various
offences and that a number of them had strong links to Russia.

Trump must have been aware of this. I can also see his attractions for Putin.

His opposition to the Mueller investigation also makes him look guilty. A proper President would want to stop Russian interference.
Actually in my opinion stupidity isn't a good excuse. To come back on your original post, Clinton knew the rules of the game so to speak, she wouldn't have taken the meeting. I won't make the assumption she wouldn't have wanted to take it but she would have also reasoned that that gift would have been poison, both politically and legally. We aren't talking of a position as dog catcher here, but rather the position of POTUS. If being an idiot gets you out of a legal jam when running for president serious question of the office itself should be asked. Furthermore even if the original meeting was stupidity, the way the aftermath of the meeting was conducted was all on purpose. Lying about the reason behind the meeting, disparaging the investigators, etc, those things aren't accidental but rather malignant.

We have a special prosecutor spending a year and failing to prove a charge that isn't even a crime if it were proved. If President Trump made any mistakes the worst one was appointing a chickenshit hack like Sessions.

If the Republicans get to bring in Russia as their ringer we get to bring in our own country, and I pick China. So let me be the first to say... China, if you're listening? I hope you can find Donald Trump's tax returns or that pee tape.

Forum List

Back