Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Absolutely. Public businesses should serve the public. You advocate for Jim Crow.

I’m gonna give this case a thought or two. The previous one though. The baker should have simply pointed out that he never made same sex wedding cakes regardless of the sexuality of the couple and he would have had no problems. As for gay weddings, simply point out that, as long as the couple was of opposing sex, he made cakes regardless of the couples sexuality.

It’s all about product availability.

I’m gonna give this case a thought or two. The previous one though. The baker should have simply pointed out that he never made same sex wedding cakes regardless of the sexuality of the couple and he would have had no problems. As for gay weddings, simply point out that, as long as the couple was of opposing sex, he made cakes regardless of the couples sexuality.

It’s all about product availability.

From what I read here, the person wanted a simple pink/blue cake.

From what I read here, the person wanted a simple pink/blue cake.

What I don’t see in the article is, was this for its actual birthday (biological) or was the person asking for a cake to celebrate the date of transition?

So much hate over a cake. You should get some help.

giphy.gif

YOU are the one that posted this thread, moron!!!!!!

A transgender walks into a Ford dealership and says “I want to order a Corvette to celebrate my transition” and the Owner of the dealership says, I can’t sell that to you as we do not offer Chevrolet products.

Timmy thinks the dealer should have to go to jail!

The thing about American businesses that operate in the public sector is that they do so under the rubric of public supported...taxpayer.....physical infrastructure, banking regulations, health and food regulations, policing, and myriad other 'public governance' realities.

As such, they are subject to the prevailing desire of that societal-fabric to adhere to the society's mandates......ala'.....no discrimination for color, religion, sexual orientation, and probably some other stuff.

In short, if you want to operate a business in the United States and enjoy and profit from all the public-paid "infrastructure" mechanisms that foster that, well......pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

Meaning, you benefit, therefore you have a duty.

Forum List

Back