Comey says "No, thanks" to House sub poena

I doubt anyone is afraid of "being a mushroom" when it comes to protecting information that may affect national security. Opening up some things for worldwide discussions that could give our country's enemies any kind of an edge is merely being prudent.
So they say, but how do we or Comey know that's true? I think he's just being prudent by asking a judge to make that decision.
He is not an elected official our congress members are.

It doesn't matter whether his request is "reasonable." All that matters is what the law requires. Comey doesn't get to choose whether he complies with a Congressional subpoena.
He realizes he doesn't get to choose. That's why he's taking it to court to let a judge decide.
He should demand an open book test with his lawyer helping

Just like Trump got

Don't worry. There will be plenty of investigations, just not the ones right wingers want.
LOL, good luck with the investigations now that Comey has set the standard of refusing to appear.
He hasn't refused, just rejected the notion of participating in a politically motivated Star Chamber. Public hearings would be no problem for Comey.

Comey is setting a stand for whoever the democrats want investigate. If dems want Ivanka to answer questions in private she can simply refuse. I use Ivanka since dems are whining about her use of private email, something Comey is also guilty of doing while he was head of the FBI.

Comey is setting a stand for whoever the democrats want investigate. If dems want Ivanka to answer questions in private she can simply refuse. I use Ivanka since dems are whining about her use of private email, something Comey is also guilty of doing while he was head of the FBI.
He isn't simply refusing. He's asking a judge to make the decision. The same would apply to "Crooked Ivanka".

I doubt anyone is afraid of "being a mushroom" when it comes to protecting information that may affect national security. Opening up some things for worldwide discussions that could give our country's enemies any kind of an edge is merely being prudent.
So they say, but how do we or Comey know that's true? I think he's just being prudent by asking a judge to make that decision.
Relevance? He has rights under the constitution, elected or not.

House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte(R) issued a sub poena for a private deposition to Comey and former AG Loretta Lynch. Not trusting the "selective leaking and distortion" of the outgoing Republican leadership, Comey has refused to appear before a closed-door hearing and will fight it in court. No word from Lynch, as yet.

House Republicans subpoena Comey, Lynch for private depositions - CNNPolitics

And what did you expect?

Lynch was exchanging recipes with Old Bill...

And don't forget the talking about the non existent grandchildren.
Lynch has never set foot on a golf course...........except for the 'all you can eat buffets'.

Don't worry. There will be plenty of investigations, just not the ones right wingers want.
LOL, good luck with the investigations now that Comey has set the standard of refusing to appear.
He hasn't refused, just rejected the notion of participating in a politically motivated Star Chamber. Public hearings would be no problem for Comey.

We have always had the right to refuse self incrimination. That doesn't shut down the proceedings. It just means the person refusing to answer questions gives up his chance to add his description of what happened to the stack of evidence.

Comey is laughing at Republicans

Tie it up in court for a few weeks and wait for Dems to take the House

The House will be in recess in two weeks

Comey is laughing at Republicans

Tie it up in court for a few weeks and wait for Dems to take the House

The House will be in recess in two weeks

They seem to be in recess right now. They look like a bunch of children running around on a playground.

Defying a court order.
Think dude, THINK!!!

tenor.gif

Boohoo booger eating but fucking hoo. Haha you are the butt hurt piles of shit because when they get there they will get slapped down or run crying to their lying dimocrat press for help. I just think it is great you call a midterm holding of a real close majority of the senate to a gain to an unstoppable majority a loss. Oh the house is one of four branches and your gods only hold one and it is the least powerful, just a mosquito bite.

The House is not one of four branches. There aren't four branches of the government. There are three.

Do you even Civics?

So apart from everyone mindlessly calling each other names, what is Comey's basis for not showing up?

Isn't he legally obligated to attend the hearing if he's received a subpoena, regardless of the committee's motive? Is he being treated differently if he testifies behind closed doors?

So apart from everyone mindlessly calling each other names, what is Comey's basis for not showing up?

Isn't he legally obligated to attend the hearing if he's received a subpoena, regardless of the committee's motive? Is he being treated differently if he testifies behind closed doors?
He'll only do it if it's public.

Not the closed-door corruption Republicans are infamous for.

Put him in prison.

Would a partisan moron like you say the same when Whitaker is called to testify before a Dem. led House judiciary committee in a few weeks from now???

Just asking......LOL

The subpoena requires him to appear next month. He has done nothing wrong until that date comes. His statement is a courtesy giving the house an opportunity to change their demand for appearance at a closed hearing if they desire to do so. If the house doesn't modify it's demand, he will probably just show up and take the 5th. or appeal to the court on grounds that the subpoena is improper. Nobody expects him to just not show up without fulfilling all required steps to make that legal.

Relevance? He has rights under the constitution, elected or not.
Oh' so you are saying that as a citizen I can simply ignore a subpoena?

Why are the Republicans having this closed door meeting now?

So they can selectively leak ...

And you know they will (Nunes)

Forum List

Back