Comey says "No, thanks" to House sub poena

Comey is laughing at Republicans

Tie it up in court for a few weeks and wait for Dems to take the House

The House will be in recess in two weeks

They seem to be in recess right now. They look like a bunch of children running around on a playground.
They have two weeks remaining in controlling the House and this is their number one priority

I doubt anyone is afraid of "being a mushroom" when it comes to protecting information that may affect national security. Opening up some things for worldwide discussions that could give our country's enemies any kind of an edge is merely being prudent.
So they say, but how do we or Comey know that's true? I think he's just being prudent by asking a judge to make that decision.
He is not an elected official our congress members are.
Relevance? He has rights under the constitution, elected or not.
Oh' so you are saying that as a citizen I can simply ignore a subpoena?
He can demand his rights
Just like any citizen

I doubt anyone is afraid of "being a mushroom" when it comes to protecting information that may affect national security. Opening up some things for worldwide discussions that could give our country's enemies any kind of an edge is merely being prudent.
So they say, but how do we or Comey know that's true? I think he's just being prudent by asking a judge to make that decision.
He can demand his rights
Just like any citizen
So he answers the subpoena and declares the fifth if it is all about 'his rights'.

He can demand his rights
Just like any citizen
So he answers the subpoena and declares the fifth if it is all about 'his rights'.

That is one option. It's not his only option.

Put him in prison.
For what?

Just more of the far rightwing "LOCK. HER. UP!" rhetoric.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
Defying a court order.

It's not a Court Order, is a supoena from a leaking House Committee. Comey doesn't want leaking. His request isn't unreasonable and I'm pretty sure a judge would see it that way. Right wingers are still using the Trey Gowdy questioning of Comey as "evidence" that Comey said Clinton lied. He didn't say any such thing.
Schiff for brains is the biggest leaker on the House Intelligence Committee. Dims are always the ones who do the leaking because they believe power for their filthy political party takes precedence over national security.

Last edited:
House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte(R) issued a sub poena for a private deposition to Comey and former AG Loretta Lynch. Not trusting the "selective leaking and distortion" of the outgoing Republican leadership, Comey has refused to appear before a closed-door hearing and will fight it in court. No word from Lynch, as yet.

House Republicans subpoena Comey, Lynch for private depositions - CNNPolitics
Comey-lied-toprotectHillary-Clinton.jpg

comey-and-lockheed and hillary.png

He can demand his rights
Just like any citizen
Or he can get his lawyer to tie it up in court
Should take a month to get a court date
Too bad for Republicans

NO, I'm saying he has the right of appeal to a judge to determine if a closed-door session is necessary.

House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte(R) issued a sub poena for a private deposition to Comey and former AG Loretta Lynch. Not trusting the "selective leaking and distortion" of the outgoing Republican leadership, Comey has refused to appear before a closed-door hearing and will fight it in court. No word from Lynch, as yet.

It appears he doesn't understand the concept of "subpoena." It's funny that he's worried about leaks.

Subpoenas can be fought. He essentially can run the clock out. He is worried about selective leaks.

Why are the Repbubs afraid of an open hearing? Why are the GOPers on here not demanding an open hearing so that nothing is hidden?
Because in an open hearing anything with a confidential or higher security rating cannot be discussed. Comeys afraid of the things he has done that the public doesn’t know about yet.

But Comey is the one asking for an open hearing, it is the Repubs that do not want an open hearing, so it seems that they are the ones that are afraid.
BECAUSE the Republicans want to investigate CLASSIFIED materials.
Wrong.

It's a Republican temper tantrum having lost the House.

Funny hearing someone like you mentioning "temper tantrum.
You leftards have done nothing but act like spoiled little children for he last two years. Whoever would have thought that someday an entire American political party would refuse to accept the results of a Presidential election?

Holding Trump accountable is not a tantrum. It is you Trumptards that say the goofiest things to protect Trump. Independents disagree with you.

Don't worry. There will be plenty of investigations, just not the ones right wingers want.

Hahaha...You hired the worlds best investigator whom in two years has done nothing but issue speeding tickets to staffers.
Why continue embarrassing yourselves and spending your neighbors money?

Don't worry. There will be plenty of investigations, just not the ones right wingers want.

Hahaha...You hired the worlds best investigator whom in two years has done nothing but issue speeding tickets to staffers.
Why continue embarrassing yourselves and spending your neighbors money?

He hasn't finished his investigation yet. At least he didn't spend almost 3 decades investigating Hillary without finding a single thing that would stick. Now that is funny.

But he did say that he would be glad to answer any questions they had in public.

Republicans don’t do well in public.

Too much scrutiny.

It’s like picking up a rock and seeing worms and bugs trying to slither away from the light of day.

Put him in prison.
For what?

For what? You don't know?

How about 18 U.S. Code § 4 – Misprision of Felony, 18 U.S. Code § 641 – Public money, property or records, 18 U.S. Code § 1621 – Perjury, roughly 28 counts of which?

Try him, convict him, and lock him up.
For what?

Who knows?

Who cares?

Those are details Republicans don’t concern themselves with.

Put him in prison.
For what?

For what? You don't know?

How about 18 U.S. Code § 4 – Misprision of Felony, 18 U.S. Code § 641 – Public money, property or records, 18 U.S. Code § 1621 – Perjury, roughly 28 counts of which?

Try him, convict him, and lock him up.
For what?

Who knows?

Who cares?

Those are details Republicans don’t concern themselves with.
Now use those same words for Trump. For what? Who knows? Who cares?

It appears he doesn't understand the concept of "subpoena." It's funny that he's worried about leaks.

Subpoenas can be fought. He essentially can run the clock out. He is worried about selective leaks.
He doesn't give a damn about leaks. That's just an excuse so everyone won't believe he's a guilty scumbag, which is what he is.

Forum List

Back