Comment is free The secret of life won't be cooked up in a chemistry lab

LOL....if you're half as up-to-date on cliches as you think you are on god worship there's no way you believe that!

meaning?

Meaning SCREW CLICHEs...I use my life experiences when I post. 'Course I'm only 78.

Sorry, but you are no more entitled to play the age card than anybody else, including those of faith, but thanks for explaining. Your life experiences don't offer anything I haven't heard ad nauseam from others.

Meaning SCREW CLICHEs...I use my life experiences when I post. 'Course I'm only 78.

Sorry, but you are no more entitled to play the age card than anybody else, including those of faith, but thanks for explaining. Your life experiences don't offer anything I haven't heard ad nauseam from others.

Yeah well.....you know about as much about my total life experiences as I know about how to jack off a camel.

Yeah well.....you know about as much about my total life experiences as I know about how to jack off a camel.

And why exactly am I supposed to care one iota about your total life experience? Do you care about mine? You are obviously so self-absorbed that I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

And why exactly am I supposed to care one iota about your total life experience? Do you care about mine? You are obviously so self-absorbed that I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

Like I've said a dozen times before. If one young person reads my stuff and ends up realizing the total bullshit which has been happening in this country for the last thirty years......that will be just fine. Politics and Religion.....those are my agendas and right now are so far away from what this country was made from it's pathetic. One thing......ancient god worship is definitely on it's way out. Thanks to the media, Internet and Catholic pedophiles...people are learning just how much harm the egotistical Christians and spend and borrow Republicans have done.

Like I've said a dozen times before. If one young person reads my stuff and ends up realizing the total bullshit which has been happening in this country for the last thirty years......that will be just fine. Politics and Religion.....those are my agendas and right now are so far away from what this country was made from it's pathetic. One thing......ancient god worship is definitely on it's way out. Thanks to the media, Internet and Catholic pedophiles...people are learning just how much harm the egotistical Christians and spend and borrow Republicans have done.

That makes no sense. As you've said the country has been moving AWAY from spiritual belief in the last thirty years, so what bullshit are you talking about exactly?

If you simply had a problem with the government shoehorning Christian belief into national policy, then I would applaud you and agree with you. But you don't represent the spirit of the 1st Amendment, which embraces free exercise of religion AND prohibits national endorsement of religion. You would be perfectly happy with a governmental ban of religion, which is exactly why I have such contempt for you. I am non-religious, but I fully embrace religious freedom, and harbor absolutely no resentment or anger towards those that practice theirs. In other words, I do my best to embrace the spirit of religious tolerance that our forefathers valued and tried to embody in the Constitution. If you truly valued the 1st Amendment, you would too.

Last edited:

That makes no sense. As you've said the country has been moving AWAY from spiritual belief in the last thirty years, so what bullshit are you talking about exactly?

If you simply had a problem with the government shoehorning Christian belief into national policy, then I would applaud you and agree with you. But you don't represent the spirit of the 1st Amendment, which embraces free exercise of religion AND prohibits national endorsement of religion. You would be perfectly happy with a governmental ban of religion, which is exactly why I have such contempt for you. I am non-religious, but I fully embrace religious freedom, and harbor absolutely no resentment or anger towards those that practice theirs. In other words, I do my best to embrace the spirit of religious tolerance that our forefathers valued and tried to embody in the Constitution. If you truly valued the 1st Amendment, you would too.

One thing(there are 1000 others) that any intelligent, reasonable human being should key on is the belief that if I don't believe what they believe(a 2000 year old fairy tale) that I will burn eternally in a lake of fire and brimstone while they float on gossimer wings.........c'mon now, get real.

Last edited:

One thing(there are 1000 others) that any intelligent, reasonable human being should key on is the belief that if I don't believe what they believe(a 2000 year old fairy tale) that I will burn eternally in a lake of fire and brimstone while they float on gossimer wings.........c'mon now, get real.

Then reject that belief, live your life, and be happy. I've heard you insist before that you are a happy person, but I don't believe you for a second. You want to proselytize just as much as a fundamentalist.

Then reject that belief, live your life, and be happy. I've heard you insist before that you are a happy person, but I don't believe you for a second. You want to proselytize just as much as a fundamentalist.

LOL....what you believe about my life just thrills me no end.

Like I've said a dozen times. My family brainwashed me with that bullshit before I was five years old. In the third and fourth grades at McKenzie and Milan TN the teachers began the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer. On Mondays they assigned each of us a bible verse to memorize and recite to the class on Thursdays and Fridays. Let them try that shit now.

Without continuous brainwashing of innocent, gullible children of each new generation that 2000 year old fairy tale would have long since been dead.

Last edited:

LOL....what you believe about my life just thrills me no end.

Like I've said a dozen times. My family brainwashed me with that bullshit before I was five years old. In the third and fourth grades at McKenzie and Milan TN the teachers began the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer. On Mondays they assigned each of us a bible verse to memorize and recite to the class on Thursdays and Fridays. Let them try that shit now.

Without continuous brainwashing of innocent, gullible children of each new generation that 2000 year old fairy tale would have long since been dead.

The baggage you carry is so transparent it doesn't take a genius to see it. It makes you incapable of objectivity, let alone tolerance.

In ancient times religion was created to control people.

Trite.

That religion has been used to control people does not mean that it was created to control people. For example, Rome may have used Christianity as a means of control by amalgamating the host of competing Christian sects that existed up to that point, but they did not create Christianity.

In ancient times religion was created to control people.

Trite.

That religion has been used to control people does not mean that it was created to control people. For example, Rome may have used Christianity as a means of control by amalgamating the host of competing Christian sects that existed up to that point, but they did not create Christianity.

Has been, was, whatever.
Religion was created in ancient times to control people.
Never said the Romans created Christianity.

The Bible was created in the 4th century to serve the political agenda of Constantine through the corrupt Council of Nicaea which he controlled. Were they friends or enemies of Christianity? The Bible was not created to to enlighten folks, it was created to control them.
Same with most all religion.

The Bible was created in the 4th century to serve the political agenda of Constantine through the corrupt Council of Nicaea which he controlled. Were they friends or enemies of Christianity? The Bible was not created to to enlighten folks, it was created to control them.

The Council of Nicaea "created" the Bible in a sense, in that it canonized certain scriptures and rejected others. This was likely, at least in part, a political maneuver, but are you suggesting that Christianity did not exist prior to Nicaea?

There is nothing in what passed for Christianity before this that suggests it was a belief based on control of the people. Quite the contrary. Christianity prior to Nicaea was quite revolutionary in it's way.

I don't care if you are an atheist. I just don't it when people talk in blanket absolutes. Most of the time absolutes only work in a vacuum.

The Council of Nicaea "created" the Bible in a sense, in that it canonized certain scriptures and rejected others. This was likely, at least in part, a political maneuver, but are you suggesting that Christianity did not exist prior to Nicaea?

There is nothing in what passed for Christianity before this that suggests it was a belief based on control of the people. Quite the contrary. Christianity prior to Nicaea was quite revolutionary in it's way.

I don't care if you are an atheist. I just don't it when people talk in blanket absolutes. Most of the time absolutes only work in a vacuum.

You are the one talking in blanket absolutes.
I am a Christian, not an atheist.

From the article:

A century and a half ago, Charles Darwin produced a convincing explanation for how life on Earth evolved from simple microbes to the complexity of the biosphere today, but he pointedly left out how life got started in the first place.

Darwin did no such thing. While you are certainly free to accuse atheists of making irrational speculations, I would caution against using falsehoods as a means of rebutting them.
Darwin knew that only God could create life? So, why don't evolutionists simply state that publically, and move on to just developing their theory as to how God may then have developed variation of all living things.

You are the one talking in blanket absolutes.
I am a Christian, not an atheist.

My mistake. Your commentary sounded like garden variety atheist rhetoric. For one who is a Christian you seem to have a very negative view of it. Why would you adopt a faith that you believe was created to control you? I admit I am confused.

From the article:

A century and a half ago, Charles Darwin produced a convincing explanation for how life on Earth evolved from simple microbes to the complexity of the biosphere today, but he pointedly left out how life got started in the first place.

Darwin did no such thing. While you are certainly free to accuse atheists of making irrational speculations, I would caution against using falsehoods as a means of rebutting them.
Darwin knew that only God could create life? So, why don't evolutionists simply state that publically, and move on to just developing their theory as to how God may then have developed variation of all living things.

Nice baseless assumption. I never said anything of the kind.

The Bible was created in the 4th century to serve the political agenda of Constantine through the corrupt Council of Nicaea which he controlled. Were they friends or enemies of Christianity? The Bible was not created to enlighten folks, it was created to control them.

The Old Testament was already established by the time of Jesus. The New Testament books were excepted if the author was an original disciple of Christ or an author who was taught by an original disciple of Jesus. No one is controlled by the Bible. Those that will listen are educated.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back